It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government created alien fascination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I watched a programme on the governemt trying to build ufos. They were trying to beat the russians to it in the cold war. Apparently during testing people thought they were ufos and the government encouraged that idea so their secret projects do not become public knowledge. There was a mass sighting of several ufos and a government employee says that the light produced was from giant coils of wire with electricity passed through them, he went on to say he had worked on something similar with the government and they could have made advanced drones using the technique.
The programme went on to say how the government visited people who saw their aircraft and thought they were ufos and told them to keep quiet and this is where the idea of the men in black came from.
the us government went on to encourage the idea of ufos form outer space in hollywood films to prevent mass histeria with everyone thinking they could be russian. this ensured secrecy.

What are your views on this theory?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So does this mean that the USAF are much more advance than we thought?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
some guy who fims outside a military base, possibly area 51 said he knows that there is technology way more advanced than anything at the moment. he took pictures of that triangular stealth fighter while the governemt denied they had the technology. the stealth fighter looks triangualr from the front and everyone who saw it thought it was a ufo. this would allow the government to keep their projects secret because everyone think they are ufos.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Is the reason why no body is replying to this is because there is no counter argument? I personally would be interested in both sides of the argument.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I just want to know where my tax dollars to those black projects goes to what program...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The reason you have gotten few replies is that this is one of an endless series of Threads on the same idea.

Just the first page of this Forum has a couple at this very moment.

My rely to you would be the same as it is to imAmerican, please take a look at that Thread if you are interested.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i like to voice my opinon so i'll be on the side that yes they r not the usa or russians but actual aliens...maybe the aliens r tryin to get ppl use to the idea that way when they do come there isnt a mass hysteria..but yet a sense of welcoming .. either that or yes it maybe the usa promoting that aliens r evil s.o.b. cuz they know that they r at there after us so hollywood says ya there bad shoot them that way when they do come every american pulls out there shotgun and says bye bye mr. alien

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It's a theorey, like all the other theories we have on aliens here.

That'd be a lot of work by the Gov't however, to falsify and "create" all the things some people see. An interesting theory :p

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
There has been an amazing amount of resources and effort involved in keep the subject of UFO on the fringe. But you said it yourself in your sig, 'knowledge is power'. I would submit that keeping the UFO secrets as the US governement has done has helped (helped I do not say it is the only thing by a huge margin) to put the USA in the position it is today.

With all due respect to the non-Americans in the audience, the World lives today because the USA allows it to do so. We have the power to kill every living thing on this Planet. No nation can even begin to match our conventional military even without nukes.

Is that not enough of a motovation for anything?

Since the dawn of time men has tried to gain power over others. I do not believe there is any limit to what has been, and will be done, to possess the kind of power the USA has today.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Interesting but what theory can enduced on your suggestion? Seems to me this may be the same-old, same-old and I had trouble answering just the first same-old many years ago.

The Government will continue to quash the reality even after Mexico, Brazil, even Russia comes clean.

And they may or may not even expose what they really know to their people as I have reason to believe the US has deals with those Countries, Canada, Britain, Norway and Spain..etc.. that they not in anyway dislose the facts as those Coutries know them pro-quo,

Dallas

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I agree with you Dallas that in the past the power of the US has been able to influence other governement to play along.

Ahh, but today, things are different.

America is no longer the invulnerable, and the people of the World no longer look to us to do what is right as they once did. Not saying that we are not respected, even feared in some places, but the overall attitude of the World is different than any time since all the UFO stuff really kicked in during the 40s.

This, while a sad sad time for my Country, opens the way for others to do what the US government does not want them to do. After all there is only so much you can do behind the scenes and any overt actions require explaination.

A.T
(-)

new topics

top topics

join