It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Random Thoughts

page: 1

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 02:42 AM
First off, I want to say that I dont believe I have any special ability etc.

My question is this, how does one understand random thoughts?

You know when you are doing something else and all of a sudden you think of something completely "off topic"

Is it a premonition? Random brain activity?

The other day I was watching the weather network. I was looking at the north america map when I just had the strongest thought. All i thought was "earthquake"

Almost like someone said it, but in my head. It wasnt my normal, "thinking voice" as I like to call it.

I really thought nothing of it, but i went on the computer moments later and fired up yahoo.

there in the news headlines was something about one of the recent california quakes, and the news story read "1 minute ago" in the little time listing they show.

I was shocked, but thought nothing of it but coincidence.

I didnt really predict anything, as it basically happened already. So what happened?

I get extreme "deja vu" to the point where I can receit what people will say. Thats about the only connection i can make to anything of this sort.

What do you think it is?

Also ive mentioned on here before about short blasts of visions before i go to sleep. like faces and such. usually images i dont want to see.

Another slightly related occurance.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 02:59 AM
Your random thoughts is what I call extra thoughts for my self. Doctors would probably say we are schizo. Could be ADHD/ADD

Serioulsy, you could be a Medium or Telepath, you'd have to get some other ATS members to ellaborate. I havnt read or experienced enough to offer anything but make sure you get your own material.

And the above really wasnt a joke now that I've thought about it. Theres growing interest in Paranormal ability and the Mentally ill. I havnt had the time to research it further.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 03:26 AM
Ahh Dulcimer, you have hidden depths.

You have asked about a few different subjects so I will attempt to touch them all.

Random Thoughts

We all have those, nothing remarkable about them. We index things in our memory, most are things we understand (picture of mom brings feelings of love and memories of significant events). But when you consider the sheer amount of data we accumulate it should not be surprising to find that there are indexes and connections that make little obvious sense.

We do not really understand the totality of our senses, we take in more than we notice basically. So we all have more data than we are aware we do, and sometimes this causes strange thought patterns. There is a reason behind each and every one but the effort it would take to track them down is just not worth the time.

When something this big happens, millions of people notice. I would say that you are more sensitive than most and 'heard' them. For people directly involved in the quake it is the only thing they are thinking about, and with much emotional power at that. Emotions seem to be what drives telepathic communication more than any other factor.

In my opinion you just proved you have a talent for telepathy.

Did you only get the word, or were there any feelings attached at all?

Deja Vu

Generally this sort of thing is created by prior knowledge from Dreams. Do you normally remember much of your Dreams?

What you describe is not something new I have heard similar things from people in the past. My advice is to study a bit on the subjects and try to find a path that suits you that accepts these things. You do not seem tormented (which is what usually drives people to people like me) but I think you would be happier if you had a measure of control that you could count on.

I have been under the assumption that you are female, if this is correct I would suggest you U2U my wife Ariande Tau you might find she is helpful.

I do think you are wrong in thinking you have no special talents, I think you do.

[edit on 6/19/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:05 AM
Seems like you were the right one to reply to this thread.

Dont want to get off subject so U2U me with your background/experience that allows you to help others.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:49 AM
HEY ! i have " random thoughts too , except they're very rare , and not very useful . my so called " abilites " are more prominent in dreams . as for the earthquake thing , most faRM animals can detect them before they come - pardon the comparison - i'm just saying there must be a " sixth sense " we all have .

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:38 AM

Originally posted by tempogen
most faRM animals can detect them before they come - pardon the comparison - i'm just saying there must be a " sixth sense " we all have .

Indeed, and that is why not one animal corpse was found after the indonesia tsunami, they all moved inland becuase they new it was comming, they have a much deeper connection to mother nature than we do, however I believe if us humans cultivated our paranormal ablities, we would have the same connection, but at a much higher level.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:37 AM
Considering California has had 3 earthquakes in the last few weeks, and since the human subconcious spits out random gibberish 24/7, it was probably a just a coinicidence, rather than pointing to the fact you have some type of incredible power that defies reason. Of course, once people hear that, rational thought goes out the window and there ego sucks it in.

Random thoughts are not actually random it seems. They are more of your recent memories such as the last 24 hours, and although I dont know the pattern, and no one does, it has a pattern and thus isnt random. Humans sometimes make too many assumptions when connecting the dots.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 12:46 PM
As for the alexander tau reply, ive never looked into, as I always see anything as coincidence etc.

As for feelings attached to my thought, I cant really remember. Im going to have to say none or neutral.

As for me being female.

NO !

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 02:13 PM
It sounds like your higher self identifying with the collective consciousness, which would mean that you do have an ability[most people wouldnt even spot the connection]. Let your ego suck it up, just don’t become arrogant about it.

It happens to me. If there's a car crash ahead on the road im travelling, i know it. And no, not because the traffic gets heavier or the ambulance overtakes me.

Btw the idea that paranormal behaviour and mental illness are connected is just rubbish and disinformation.

The more aware people are of what they can do with their minds and the more they believe in themselves that they to can achieve a paranormal [supernatural] ability, more people will.

Which would not fit into the agenda of the powers that be.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), "Hamlet", Act 1 scene 5

[edit on 19-6-2005 by kode]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:13 PM
So how does one test for such an ability?

Would be interesting.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:19 PM
I highly doubt anyone can reliably predict events to which they have no information, such as what he claimed about the car crash.

Since its virtually impossible to test these things, as I've found out speaking with the die-hard spiritualists, you either believe it, or dismiss it.

I suggest you sit back and take an objective look of the situation, and then make a judgement, or ask someone who wont give a Bias.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:29 PM

Originally posted by Dulcimer
So how does one test for such an ability?

Would be interesting.

Im not sure about testing, but documenting your experiences might produce at least a little confirmation.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:43 PM
I guess I could post anything I felt was weird to see if it happens. Although that might be a member prediction, and thats not allowed here is it?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:24 PM
I will toss a U2U to you DragonflyKingdom.

As with anything of this sort it is up to you what you wish to do. Personally I am driven to learn about anything I seem to be able to do but not everyone shares that passion.

No matter what you learn I can promise that it will take responsibility to cope and that it will change parts of your life. It is no small thing.

You asked, I answered, and the next part is up to you.

[edit on 6/19/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:40 PM

Remember, they're just random thoughts. And take a scientific approach.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:22 PM
Maybe this site about Deja Vu will help you Dulcimer!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:31 AM

Originally posted by tempogen
HEY ! i have " random thoughts too , except they're very rare , and not very useful . my so called " abilites " are more prominent in dreams . as for the earthquake thing , most faRM animals can detect them before they come - pardon the comparison - i'm just saying there must be a " sixth sense " we all have .

The dreaming/astral is my best too. Actually had a dream resembling an earthquake or attack I posted here a few days ago. Debunkers are currently posting dismissals as War and News related which is bull since I barely watch or care about that stuff.

The animal thing I get. And they defiantely know whats up. How about you debunkers research that for a change and maybe you can gain insight into human ways of precoginition and other paranormal abilities. They are always asking us to prove something, why dont you. Because you cant and you dont know where to look.

OK Im back,.....vented a lil'

Kode-- what makes you think that the connection is rubbish?? I think that attitude is rubbish.

It was just a thread prompted by an idea (somewhat of a realization), noone said it was factual and the studies are being conducted currently, so you need to wait a bit before labeling it rubbish. It was raised by questions on the physical manifestation of certain abilities presenting itself as mental illness thats all.

I agree with you and am all for people realizing their potential of supernatural/paranormal ability however if you are an Empath labeled as manic depressive, or a Medium labeled as schizo with meds being shoved down your throat that numb all your senses. How is that helping people realize their paranormal potential?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:08 AM
DragonflyKingdom i wasn’t rubbishing what you said. I was just giving my opinion on the subject. And I still think its rubbish to a point.

I have no doubt that there may be some people who would claim to have paranormal abilities who are mentally ill, thats nothing new, but those who are making the claim that paranormal ability may be a mental illness must be careful not to group us all into that category, which i feel they would like to, which is why i called it disinformation.

new topics

top topics