It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To everyone against the Iraq War

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
First of all, I commend the original poster on these topics. The answers you gave were brilliant.

Secondly, why do people still argue that the U.N. is so pure? Think about it, of course they oppose the war in Iraq because half of the countries sitting on the security council were taking bribes from Saddam Hussein! That's fact.

Spain, France, Russia, and Germany were all getting aprox. $30 Billion a year from this guy. And we wonder why they opposed the U.S. taking him out? With Saddam out of power, that money that they received annually? Gone. No more money for them.

Simple as that. No conspiracy. Simple monetary facts.

Hell, the U.N. security council is a joke in itself. How can you have Sudan on the security council when it is killing its' own people? Simply a joke. I don't put much faith in the U.N. anymore.

-wD

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
First of all, I commend the original poster on these topics. The answers you gave were brilliant.

Secondly, why do people still argue that the U.N. is so pure? Think about it, of course they oppose the war in Iraq because half of the countries sitting on the security council were taking bribes from Saddam Hussein! That's fact.

Spain, France, Russia, and Germany were all getting aprox. $30 Billion a year from this guy. And we wonder why they opposed the U.S. taking him out? With Saddam out of power, that money that they received annually? Gone. No more money for them.

Simple as that. No conspiracy. Simple monetary facts.

Hell, the U.N. security council is a joke in itself. How can you have Sudan on the security council when it is killing its' own people? Simply a joke. I don't put much faith in the U.N. anymore.

-wD

It's not about "purity," it's about what's good for America.

Consensus is good for America. Had we gone into the war with a solid consensus backing our actions we wouldn't be having a lot of the credibility issues we are having today, and more average Iraqis might be seeing the occupation as a good thing. And of course, less Americans would be dying because the burden would be spread out a little more.

Finding WMD's is good for America. The UN found more WMD related activity with a few inspectors in Land Rovers than the U.S. military has been able to find to date. (www.csis.org...)

You say it's about monetary facts, but you neglect to mention that U.S. companies were also implicated in the oil-for-food scandal. Are you saying that the United States, then, decided to go to war in spite of the monetary facts?

Finally, Sudan, Germany, and Spain are not members of the Security Council.

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Spain, France, Russia, and Germany were all getting aprox. $30 Billion a year from this guy.

Pure and utter bull*. The fact alone that the Iraqi GDP was barely higher than $30 billion in 2003 should give you a clue this poster is talking out of his arse.

*removed profanity*

[edit on 25-6-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
No one has mentioned that most of the people in the Bush administration wanting war are JEWISH? They've been writing about how they wanted war for years before it happened.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by evildoer
No one has mentioned that most of the people in the Bush administration wanting war are JEWISH? They've been writing about how they wanted war for years before it happened.

stop blaming it on BS jewish banker conspiracy, look who benefits from it, the weapon and oil corporations, they rule america regardless of race..

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
In keeping with the posters points I would have to agree that those do seem to be the big arguments made by many posters in threads on this topic and I think the responses here make sense. If you are against the war, fine, but to hide behind things like "911 was faked" is not the best arguement to make your point.

That is the biggest fallacy shoved upon a gullible public. The administration has gone out of its way to link 9-11 and Iraq, subtly and outright. It's pure big lie propaganda at its worst.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Many of the Bush Cabal Neo Cons are Jewish; not all, though. Cheney and Rumsfeld aren't.

Here are a few links to support evildoer's case:

PNAC (Project for a New American Century):
www.newamericancentury.org...

Clean Break Strategy:
www.israeleconomy.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Total Ignorance!

To those who support his original post and also to the author RedWhiteAndBlood what are actually going on about?

YOU DO NOT EVEN BEGIN TO GRASP 'LOGIC' the very thing you state you will use to defeat everyones 'ideas' on how to defeat terror. Though this actualy not the main focus of your whole post anyhow??? as you seem to be concerned with the 9/11 event and the Iraqi War.

Please please educate yourself on the rich hot of NON BIASED information available on the facts of Iraq and terror links. Trust me you will find their involvement very small in comparison to other countries. And certainly it has been shown that there WAS NO LINKS BETWEEN IRAQ AND THE 9/11 EVENT!

Total Ignorance!

OK I dont believe the 9/11 event was in any way even remotely connected or foreknown by any government or legal bodies or persons in the USA.

Right so now your 'logic' to defeat my opinion that maybe OIL had been involved somewhere with much strategic importance.

Oh im sorry yep oil is not the reason the USA could easily invade most of the Americas and have less condemnation than doing it to Iraq, yep right of course, would be a breeze in the park to do it on your own doorstop...but what for? whats ther? But of course you believe there is no oil in iraq as compared to the americas..... mmmm

NOT SO!

Total Combined American (North) and Canadian and Alaskan and Mexican oil reserves (to include the ones you quoted)

PROVEN CRUDE OIL RESERVES FOR 2005 = 215.291 Billion Barrels of Crude

thats all of America all of Canada all of Mexico and all of Alaska.

Iran: PROVEN CRUDE OIL RESERVES FOR 2005 = 115.000 Billion Barrells

Before you state that look nearly double Iran OIL.... well the USA's contribution the Total combined American (North) figure 1, above was
=21.891 Billion Barrells so Iraq has nearly six times as much oil in Proven (very important as reliable figures) reserves as the USA.

Iran(more oil than Iraq!) Iraq and Saudi Arabia are all in the top four oil depositories in the world. in fact Saudi Arabia at 261.9 Billion Barrells has more than all of the USA and Canada and Mexico and Alaska. Where is this promised land of oil in the continental Americas?

Source US Dept of Energy!

Having made this point im wondering what logic you will use to counter convince me of something that I may not have believed in, in the first place based on your false premise?

Well?

MischeviouslyWakingUpHumanity

[edit on 25-6-2005 by MischeviousElf]

[edit on 25-6-2005 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm curious about one thing - dear author of this thread:

Do you have a military background? Are you or anyone in your family currently serving?

People that cheer for Bush and his wars should put their money where their mouth is and go join the military. It's excellent for the perspective. (For most anyway.)

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bisonn

stop blaming it on BS jewish banker conspiracy, look who benefits from it, the weapon and oil corporations, they rule america regardless of race..

did i say anything about a goddamn banker conspiracy?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Many of the Bush Cabal Neo Cons are Jewish; not all, though. Cheney and Rumsfeld aren't.

Here are a few links to support evildoer's case:

PNAC (Project for a New American Century):
www.newamericancentury.org...

Clean Break Strategy:
www.israeleconomy.org...

How isn't Rumsfeld? That one is just as obvious as Wolfowitz, Feith, and others.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So can anyone show that I'm wrong?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
About the person above saying it is about oil, you are looking at proven crude oil estimates. These depend on discovered oil reserves that are fully functional. ANWAR and the Gulf of Mexico don't count in these figures, neither does heavy oil, which is just oil and sand mixed together. Add these figures in and the Western Hemishphere is a lot richer. There are also very promising oil fields in Central and South America that haven't been touched yet.

But for the point of your arguement, let's consider that the Saudis have more oil there than here. Do you want us to believe that we did this just for oil, and that oil is so important if we run out we will starve?

Tell any scientist this and you will get laughed out of the room. We might see a hiccup for about three months, but we will transition into other sources easily. They can make gasoline and kerosone out of coal. Nuclear power plants will be all over the place. We have the oil reserve which will last a little while too.

But I bet what we see happen is a switch to ethanol. Diesel engines can already run on this no problem. They were actually designed to run on hemp and cooking oil.

Oh, and I'm a mechanical engineer that works freelance. I will never go into the army because I don't follow orders well.

I would go into the army but people don't realize it is one of the biggest beuracies in the world. It is full of backstabbers that will sell you out if it means an extra star. They have rules of engagement, which means you can't shoot someone in a middle of a warzone unless they point a gun at you, which is insane.

It is a good thing I'm not in there because once I go in you will see the death toll skyrocket. If I ever got my finger on the button, I wouldn't hesitate turning Iran, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia into a giant parking lot.

If some Arab threw crap at me, I will walk into the cell and cut his face off, and then beat him to death. I don't walk away from fights and I don't care about spending time in jail.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedWhiteandBlood
I would go into the army but people don't realize it is one of the biggest beuracies in the world. It is full of backstabbers that will sell you out if it means an extra star. They have rules of engagement, which means you can't shoot someone in a middle of a warzone unless they point a gun at you, which is insane.

It is a good thing I'm not in there because once I go in you will see the death toll skyrocket. If I ever got my finger on the button, I wouldn't hesitate turning Iran, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia into a giant parking lot.

If some Arab threw crap at me, I will walk into the cell and cut his face off, and then beat him to death. I don't walk away from fights and I don't care about spending time in jail.

Yeah you obviously have no respect for Muslims what so ever and are probably in the percentage that think all Muslims in America should lose all of their rights. I'm sure you're only pro war because you think "Muslims are evil" like you've been foolishly brainwashed to believe. People that think like you deserve no better than what you think Muslims deserve. I've just denied ignorance.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yeah you obviously have no respect for Muslims what so ever and are probably in the percentage that think all Muslims in America should lose all of their rights. I'm sure you're only pro war because you think "Muslims are evil" like you've been foolishly brainwashed to believe. People that think like you deserve no better than what you think Muslims deserve. I've just denied ignorance.

No, I'm just saying if someone is going to throw a pile of # in my face I'm going to kill them. ANd if someone is going to ship me off to the army and say, "It's better that you die to save the lives of the innocents who can't clean up their own messes and caused a lot of this bs" I'm pushing the button and getting my ass out of there.

I'm telling you, I don't care. I would rather spend the rest of my life in prision, than risk being killed by some cheap shot artist punk who thinks blowing up school children is heroic.

If someone had the balls to do this it would be better for everyone. People would never mess with us again if we nuked them.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
As a war vet let me commend you for at least having the presence of mind to spare the military a possible war criminal. There are a few too many as it is serving presently.

I suggest you do some research into the reasons for this war. The above links I provided are the yellow brick road.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join