The Worst 19 Problems of the United States!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This article is AWESOME believe worth to read the
19 points.
Enjoy the reading

1.Nuclear weapons: 6,000 nuclear weapons ready to annihilate the world. People have forgotten about it, but they are still operational and ready to fire. Russia has exactly the same amount of nuclear weapons ready to fire. They are not currently pointed towards the USA, but it takes about one minute to retarget them. A small mistake on either side could cause the destruction of the entire USA (and most of the world) in less than an hour. In 1999 the United States military spending was 2.5 times the total spending of Russia, China, France, Britain, Germany and Japan, a staggering 276 billion dollars.

2.Guns: 200 million guns (100 times the Iraqi army) and 35,000 people killed every year (the equivalent of many years of civil war in Yugoslavia). Firearm deaths per 100,000 people (CDCP, Bureau Of Justice Statistics, 1998): 14.24 in the U.S., 4.31 in Canada, 0.7 in Holland, and only 0.41 in England (where not even police carry guns). Which means that if you live in the U.S., you are 40 times more likely to die of gunshots than if you live in Britain. Murders by handguns (1996): 15 in Japan, 30 in Britain, 211 in Germany, 9,390 in the United States. Which means if you live in the U.S., you are 300 times more likely to be murdered than in you live in Britain. In 1999 Americans were certainly reassured that "only" 6,000 workers were killed by colleagues in the workplace, a 10% drop from 1994's figure of 6,600... but still just about twice the number of people killed by the Serbs in the Kosovo war. The scariest data are about the other 25,000 deaths by handgun: they are suicides and accidents. In the U.S. a child a day is killed by a handgun. If you define "terrorist" as "causing terror in the public", the N.R.A., the organization which protects guns, can claim to be, de facto, the deadliest terrorist organization in the world. It is not true that the right to bear guns is written in the Constitution: the Constitution talks about guns that were available at the end of the 18th century, and was written before the US developed a true army. It makes no reference to "every future evolution of guns". Therefore, the only guns that are constitutionally legal are the ones that were available two hundred years ago.

3.No universal health insurance: 44 million citizens without medical insurance (1999), or one every six citizens, which makes the US the last in the developed world, lower than Russia, China, India and even all of South America. Only a few African countries fare worse. Every year thousands of Americans die because they didn't have the money to cure themselves, and thousands turn into criminals because they can't pay hospital bills. If you have dual citizenship, you can always fly back to your country of origin and get good and free health care. But for most Americans a simple sport injury is enough to ruin their entire life. Whatever system America has right now (an absurdly complicated patchwork of benefits and providers that makes you miss the bureaucracy of communism), it is the most expensive in the world and one of the most ridicule failures in the history of medical care: the World Health Organization ranked the US only 37th among world's countries in the quality of health coverage (2000). It is embarassing that in the year 2000 the wealthiest country in the world still cannot offer free health care to all of its citizens.

4.Education: the American educational system is the most expensive on earth and one of the worst in the developed world. Scores of Americans with dual citizenship move back to their countries of origins when their children turn 6 or 7: they can get a much better education and even for free, and in a country where kids don't carry guns into school. It is embarassing that in the year 2000 the richest country in the world still cannot offer GOOD and FREE education to all children of America.

5.Family breakdown: single mothers, homosexual parents, 50% divorce rate, etc. This may also be the most important factor in creating the most crime-prone youth in the world.

Rest of the article:
www.scaruffi.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is very interesting. I have gotten into several debates with members here regarding guns int he US. It's nice to see some cold hard numbers. This will be a bitter pill to swallow for some (Gazrock :p), I believe ValHal too) who believe that the posession of guns makes them "safer."

A truly preposterous notion. You can't argue with the numbers.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
This is very interesting. I have gotten into several debates with members here regarding guns int he US. It's nice to see some cold hard numbers. This will be a bitter pill to swallow for some (Gazrock :p), I believe ValHal too) who believe that the posession of guns makes them "safer."

A truly preposterous notion. You can't argue with the numbers.

Is not just about guns, u should read the 19 points...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
No, I realize there was much more to the article. I have read through the entire page. It is all very interesting and thorough, but I thought I might get a jab in at few posters, since some interesting numbers were presented with respect to guns.

All in all I'm very glad to be on the outside looking in with respect to the USA.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hahahaha!!!!!!!

Whoever wrote this pap was really reaching with this one:

14) Metric system: in the year 2000 Americans still use gallons and feet and miles. An American abroad is a farce as s/he tries to figure out a distance or a weight. An American at home is a farce as s/he tries to figure out how many cubic feet are in so many cubic yards, or how many pounds a gallon of water weighs (all trivial conversions in the metric system).

Yeah. Damn the Great Satan with it's inches and yards!!!

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by Leveller]

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The only unsafe gun is an unloaded gun,if it isn't loaded,you might as well just have a baseball bat.

> Just something I heard from some roughneck on the street<

I always enjoy reading these skewed anti-gun things.
It seems no-one wants to take the time to really find out what the preferred way of killing someone is,just rely on the anti-gun goons to skew the numbers to advance their cause.

look into death from knives,they are much more abundant,I suppose now everyones knives should be confiscated,a UN knife mandate.

look into deaths by automobiles,accidental and intentional,wow,big numbers,everywhere,cars don't kill people ,stupid drivers do.

Suicide is another thing too,if someone really wants to kill themselves,they will,but if it's with a gun it is it's own statistic,the rest don't come up so readily.

The funniest thing is everyone seems to have forgotten the fact that they will die someday anyway,so what is the real point of worrying about any of this.

The whole point of the article is to scare someone in a particular direction,for political gain.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
And yes,I read the rest too.maybe the UN should do an alcohol mandate in the US.....................
(sarcasm)(sarcasm=masked anger)
Anger because the article is correct for the most part.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
I always enjoy reading these skewed anti-gun things.
It seems no-one wants to take the time to really find out what the preferred way of killing someone is,just rely on the anti-gun goons to skew the numbers to advance their cause.

look into death from knives,they are much more abundant,I suppose now everyones knives should be confiscated,a UN knife mandate.

Speaking of skewing information. There is one very large difference between knives adn guns. Knives serve as a tool for many everyday uses, which are necessary. There is really no need for guns in everyday life, unless you live in the bush and need them to hunt, even then, a bow is just as useful.

look into deaths by automobiles,accidental and intentional,wow,big numbers,everywhere,cars don't kill people ,stupid drivers do.

Again same argument as above. Cars serve a purpose in everyday life. Where is the justification for guns in everyday life? Protection? BS.

The funniest thing is everyone seems to have forgotten the fact that they will die someday anyway,so what is the real point of worrying about any of this.

This is a ludicerous statement on so many levels. We all die someday so why don't we just pull a gun and pop people off as they exit the womb. The point of worrying about it is that I don't want to be rushed to my grave by some moron who thinks he has the right to possess a gun and use it to kill people.

PS. The metric system rules, do away with miles, feet, and inches, etc...you Americans are right on your heads!

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by Lukefj]

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Unforunately, this is a topic that can really not be debated on fairly from either side.

True, numbers don't lie, however, numbers mean nothing unless every single topic is looked at from a "per capita" angle. Would you compare anything with numbers for New York City vs PennYan NY???? (for those of you unfamiliar, Pennyan is less than 10,000 people) No, you wouldn't, because the number of peopl in PennYan is about the same as the number of people on two or three blocks in NYC. You must use per capita.

Some other problems with arguing on topics such as these is local economies, local laws, and local governments to name a few.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Bull.

When one point breaks down, all others become suspect.

The U.S. is not the most crime-prone youth in the world. As a matter of fact, this generation (current ages 10-18) has the least crime of any generation since 1920 (I have the reference, need to find it). And globally, the pacific rim nations and South American nations have horrible crime rates for this age group.

Complete crap.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You may have a point William.....BUT

I don't think that the US is the least crime prone nation in the world either. As the world leader in most respects should the US not seek to improve this situation....IT should be much better than South America and Pacific rim Nations come on. That's like saying (I use this example for emphasis)"the US isn't too bad, we have better human rights than China."

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The point that keeps getting left out is, if America is so darn bad, why are so many people trying to get in? It would seem to me that if it was so bad, people would be trying to get out.

Yes, we have our problems. Unfortunately, most of them stem from government and law enforcement, not from individual citizens.

Taking guns for instance. Being a gun owner does not make you a killer. I own about 10 (somewhere in there, I don't count) but have never, ever, ever, even aimed a gun at anyone except one guy I shot while he was trying to rob my home. (I shot him in the leg to wait for the cops)

I am a hunter. And, I do it to live. Venison is a hell of a lot cheaper than beef. Beside, it's population cotrol for an overwhelming deer population, many of which are getting killed by cars, coyotes, bears, and other diseases due to overpopulation.

As far as many of the other points in the article, they all stem from government control, most of which we have no control over because even our democtratic voting system is being fixed by the govt and big business.

The whole article was nothing but a load of anti american propaganda sprinkled with a lot of BS.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They all want to get in because it is a free for all...lol. Not quite, but in all honesty there are many opportunities in the US for people. However, there are many fewer people immigrating to the US from developed countries such as Britain and Canada.

As for using guns for hunting. that's great. I've enver had any problem with that....BUT, why do you require 10 guns to hunt?

These guns may be fine while they're in your hands, but what happens when someone robs you and uses your guns against innocent people. Will you still feel the same?

The deer population boom is undoubtedly caused by encroachment of human beings into the wildlife areas that are home to predators that used to keep the deer population in check.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
The whole article was nothing but a load of anti american propaganda sprinkled with a lot of BS.

My thoughts exactly, do you not think someone could come up with a list of problems in any country? Let me know when you find the perfect country (I'll still stay here).

7. "Serial killers - they are basically an American exclusive."

NOT an American exclusive

- Pedro Alonso Lopez (300+ murders) Peru
- Gilles de Rais (140+ murders) France
- Luis Alfredo Gavarito (140+) Columbia
- Hu Wanlin (100+) China
- Javed Iqbal (100) Pakistan
- Bruno Ludke (80) Germany
- Andrei Chikatilo (52+) Russia
- Anatoly Onoprienko (52) Ukraine

Many more but I think I made my point. www.mayhem.net...

8. "Police - the single most important factor in creating crime in America."

Yeah ok, his explanation is pure opinion, no facts whatsoever.

9. "No vacations which results in stress and low quality of life."

Thats funny, we have a low quality of life here? Wonder where this idiot visited.
I'm sure if we took the most vacations he'd say we're lazy.

11. "Illicit drugs: virtually ubiquitous in all sectors of society"

Sorry, this is not strictly an American problem by any means.

"A person whose brain has been permanently retarded by marijuana is considered perfectly normal."

Is this his opinion? A burnout is not considered normal here, the bs is getting thicker and thicker.

13. "The US is the stingiest nation in the world for foreign aid."

14. "Metric system: in the year 2000 Americans still use gallons and feet and miles."

Where's the problem here? Is this the best he can do? Again, another opinion from an Anti-American.

He goes on to mention obesity and alcohol, these again are hardly problems restricted to the US. But as was already said:

"The whole article was nothing but a load of anti american propaganda sprinkled with a lot of BS."

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
You may have a point William.....BUT

I think you missed my point, the stats are suspect, so the entire piece is suspect because of the false assusmptions based on incorrect data.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Unforunately, I can't argue the overpopulation as this is a tough one. The area I live is fairly sparsely populated by people, with not a lot of developement, but the deer population continues to grow, and number of hunters is actually declining.

As far as my guns being stolen, that is doubtful. #1, they are well hidden in my home, not easily found by a burgler unless they are really taking their time. #2, I live in the middle of nowhere with an almost nonexistent crime rate other than a few domestic disturbances now and again. Or a speeding ticket.

Why do I have so many guns for hunting? I hunt everything. Small game such as rabbits and woodchucks (good eating), big game such as bear, deer, and elk now and then, and birds such as grouse, geese and turkey. The variety of hunting I do calls for a variety of guns. You wouldn't shoot a bird or rabbit with a gun used on a bear.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'd like to see a list of problems with other countries, but in CA's mind, the United States is the ultimate evil.

CA, what's up with the blatantly racist avatar? You can't believe you are being take seriously when you use something as ignorant as racism to prove your point.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho

My thoughts exactly, do you not think someone could come up with a list of problems in any country? Let me know when you find the perfect country (I'll still stay here).

7. "Serial killers - they are basically an American exclusive."

NOT an American exclusive

- Pedro Alonso Lopez (300+ murders) Peru
- Gilles de Rais (140+ murders) France
- Luis Alfredo Gavarito (140+) Columbia
- Hu Wanlin (100+) China
- Javed Iqbal (100) Pakistan
- Bruno Ludke (80) Germany
- Andrei Chikatilo (52+) Russia
- Anatoly Onoprienko (52) Ukraine

Many more but I think I made my point. www.mayhem.net...

He goes on to mention obesity and alcohol, these again are hardly problems restricted to the US. But as was already said:

"The whole article was nothing but a load of anti american propaganda sprinkled with a lot of BS."

The top serial killers in the world have yet to be mentioned too.

Adolph Hitler
Joseph Stalin

Come on, who in america has topped that????

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by ImAlreadyPsycho]

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
That's funny,psycho seems to come up as my nickname sometimes.
Guns are tools,you can't hunt rabbits with a screwdriver either.
tools are tools,how someone chooses to put some tools to use is the difference between.......
Like if cops were the only ones who had guns,it wouldn't even be coercion anymore.
Disarm the governments,then the cops,then I will cut my gun in half.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I like the way you bring tools into the picture. Guns are tools. Some use them productively, some destructively. But the same can be said for any tool. Hell take the guns away and the killers will find other means.

I have heard some weird murder weapons, here's a brief list (my thanks to Court TV and the forensic files):

Table leg
chandalier (sp)
screw driver
hammer
car jack
tire iron
beer bottle
horse anesthetic
drugs
car battery and jumper cables
chain saw
crow bar

And there are so many other people have used.

(brings out best redneck american militant voice)
Yup, dem dar gun be da ony ting pepl be killen eachen others wis. Bets takes um all aways to make merica betta pleec for all to lev.

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by ImAlreadyPsycho]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join