It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cure(s) for Cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'll quote an earlier post:

About cyanide and cancer (I'm loathe to ask the obvious question to the poster; that being "Did you read the multitude statements and studies of various independent and professional, as well as non-governmental agencies, who have since conceded that the initial theory relating to beta-glucosidase is ambiguous at best, and false at worst?)

From Sloan-Kettering:

"Claims for amygdalin's activity rely on the theory, now proven false, that cancer cells contain elevated amounts of beta-glucosidase and reduced levels of rhodanese compared to normal cells (1) (2). Based on this incorrect assumption, cancer cells were claimed to metabolize amygdalin into cyanide and die, while healthy cells would convert cyanide to benign thiocyanate via rhodanese. Limited in vitro data support the idea that cyanide, benzaldehyde, and prunasin are cytotoxic. It has also been postulated that cancer develops due to deficiencies in vitamin B17, but no data substantiate this idea (8)."

It does appear that this theory has been well and truly blown out of the water.

Did you happen to read any of the links provided?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Guess my post got lost in the shuffle. Didnt see anyone say that Artemisinin is good or bad but it seems way promising. Upon reading it seems the chinese DID have something and have been using it for yrs. didnt see that when i scanned it the first time. Way to go Ancients civies

Link 1

Link 2

All Natural

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Guess my post got lost in the shuffle. Didnt see anyone say that Artemisinin is good or bad but it seems way promising. Upon reading it seems the chinese DID have something and have been using it for yrs. didnt see that when i scanned it the first time. Way to go Ancients civies

Link 1

Link 2

All Natural

Thats a nice find
, I must have missed that one.

I look at it this way, if you have a cure for cancer.......Lots of companies will become bankrupt within years of this being introduced.........We couldn't have that in this materialistic world now can we????

Think about all those non-profit charities that we would no longer be needing....and the companies that spends hundreds of thousands on Chemo machine research......And all the other synthetic chemicals made only so "cancer fighting drugs" can be patented and sold...

That article is nearly 4 years old and I have never heard of it before now. Interesting stuff.

peace

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Here's an article better describing the wormwood-based cancer theory:

Article

Short excerpt:

"We are very excited about the UW’s discovery and an opportunity to develop an artemisinin-based cancer drug,” Kevin Mak, chief scientist at Holley, said. “The technology is very promising, but it’s in its early stages. Further research and clinical trials are needed.”

Not a repost - look back in thread, re: artemesia (wormwood).

I did comment on it

And no, it's not going to cure every form of cancer, so there'll be still be a need for chemo/radiation therapies.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Dang my quick scanning abilities have gone to hell in a handbasket lately. thanx for clarifying that i missed it

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Probably most of you are to young to remember, but back in the 60's and 70's people were going to Mexico in droves in last ditch efforts to cure their cancer with laetrile aka vit B 17. Many people gave up their conventional treatment to try it and not one person was found to be cured (5 yr survival rate) from it. There were many sad stories as I recall. It was a big story on 60 minutes...(not that I give them any credance)

I have a neighbor that 5 years ago had brain cancer. He was given 3 weeks to live. His Dr. got him into a clinical trial for his particular kind with 30 people participating...anyhow 15 got placebos and 15 the experimental treatment. Only 5 people from his group...(the ones getting the real meds) had any improvement. He was the only one totaly cured!! Still cancer free now. They dropped any further manufacture or development of the drug because of the low sucess rate... Goes to show you everyone reacts in different ways to the same treatment....It's so hard to tell if what works for one will work for the majority....so the B 17 probably could work for someone..

[edit on 7/1/2005 by mercury19]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Best thing to do is protect yourself from cancer, link www.yourhealthbase.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Apples, peaches and apricot seeds are just some of the fruits that contain the B17 vitamin.(known to medical field as Laetrile and Amygdalin)

Dr. Dean Burk, Director of the Cytochemistry Section of the federal government's National Cancer Institute reported that, in a series of tests on animal tissue, the (Laetrile) vitamin B-17 had no harmful effect on normal cells, but was deadly to a cancer cell.
"When we add laetrile to a cancer culture under the microscope," said Dr Burk, "providing the enzyme glucosidase also is present, we can see the cancer cells dying off like flies."(Glucosidase is the enzyme heavily present in cancerous cells, which triggers the unique cancer-destroying mechanism found in vitamin B17)

The Mayo Clinic in the issue of the American Journal of the America Medical Association of February 13, 1981 declared Vitamin B17 is safe, orally or parentally in the correct dosages. In the 36 years of using it we have not met yet with any toxic reaction.

This site will give a general breakdown about B17/Laetrile/Amygdalin:
www.worldwithoutcancer.org.uk...

Research shows that levels of 400 mg vitamin C in the blood can kill cancer cells by a pro-oxidative mechanism. Take both B17 and vitamin C and your body will fight back with avengence.

The only reason why these were pulled off the market is simply because
these substances cannot be patented. Imagine Pfizer/Eli Lilly trying to patent apples and apricots.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
While most of you are stressing that there is too much money to be lost with a cure, I certainly don't disagree with that at all, however it's also my honest opinion that Cancer and Aids especially are merely a good form of population control. I don't know how many people have died worldwide as a result of these illnesses in the past 20 years alone, but I'll bet the numbers would be quite a significant amount.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilgenyus
While most of you are stressing that there is too much money to be lost with a cure, I certainly don't disagree with that at all, however it's also my honest opinion that Cancer and Aids especially are merely a good form of population control. I don't know how many people have died worldwide as a result of these illnesses in the past 20 years alone, but I'll bet the numbers would be quite a significant amount.

If they were, we wouldn't really have an expanding population, would we?

Are you implying that both/either are a form of government intervention? If so..is this based upon anything in particular?

TIA

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
yes, I believe that both of the final results (lots of money, and some population control) are both forms of government control. I'm sorry if I made that sound at all like I thought that was a good thing or something. This is not based on any facts that I've gathered though, it is just what I believe to be the case. ( at least I'm honest!)

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Pineapple Root Extract Blocks Cancer!!

As quoted from original article:
"Australian scientists have discovered pineapple molecules can act as powerful anti-cancer agents and said the research could lead to a new class of cancer-fighting drugs.

Scientists at the Queensland Institute of Medical Research (QIMR) said their work centred on two molecules from bromelaine, an extract derived from crushed pineapple stems that is used to tenderise meat, clarify beers and tan hides."

Yaho o News Link

This could finally be a major victory in the war on cancer! The article goes on to say that the CCS and CCZ proteins could block growth of a broad range of tumour cells, including breast, lung, colon, ovarian and melanoma. Could we finally have a solution to this number one killer?

This was origionally posted in my thread just adding to this convo: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
For the experimental treatments in Mexico in teh 60's and 70's: I read that the actor Steve McQueen went to Mexico for an experimental treatment for cancer: perhaps that was it. He died.

As for the cure, the Drug companies and the interests of profit: a good virus is one that does not kill its host off quickly...

If we were do die quickly, the viruses (Drug companies) would not be able to live off of our money. The more diseases out there that require treatments, the more money for the drug companies. They have a strong interest in keeping us alive and hooking us on treatments. Same with aids, etc. These things are great because it kills us off and provides them with a very steady income.

Here we are: we all know about prevention. Unfortunately, we all know about genetics and things beyond our control. However, perhaps in this modern world the medical community can get too much mileage out of gentically caused. Is it really genetically caused or is it environment?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
To all of you who think that Kevin Trudeau is anything but a criminal, do a google search on him. You will find that several states have sued him....and won, for defrauding consumers.

The FTC has some interesting things to say about him too.

Remember the Mega Memory gig he did before he became an expert in the medical field. Watch it some time. All the people in the audience that he asked to stand up, then sit down after he calls out their name. They were all paid staff. One of the names he called out was a Mr. Jules Leib. Mr. Leib lets us see a huge smile as if Kevin remembered his name. Yeah the government sued Mr. Leib too, but I don't know what they got from him. You should look atall the companies Mr. Leib works for too. Like I said, do a google search on both of these criminals.

Go to www.bop.gov, do an inmate search for the name of Jules Leib and voila.....a convicted felon. Nice to know who Mr. Trudeau is hanging with.

Yeah, I believe him now.... Hey, if you believe him great. Buy his book. We need people like you to support people like Mr. Trudeau. That way he won't steal from me.

Oh, and hanging out with Tammy Faye Baker....

ARE_YOU_THAT_GULLIBLE?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Believe me, Kevin Trudeau is categorised under "People I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw 'em".

But so many people seem to think he's some kind of innocent avenger, ridding the world of the FDA and FTC.

He's a fraud.

He's a charlatan.

He's a scam-expert.

End o' story.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join