It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWENTY YEARS AFTER THE MASSACRES AT SABRA AND SHATILA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Remember this?
So then what would be the revenge act of something like this, what would americans do if some country comes and butchers an entire city, or village?
At leat bombar them, or make a war, or even make it public, and well known all over the world (as 11-s) but this doesn�t happen when it�s other people who gets hurt....

The past is always present

The massacres in the refugee camps of Sabra and Shatila in Lebanon in 1982, when hundreds of civilians were butchered by rightwing militia, remain crucial events in the history of the Palestinian people.

TWENTY years have passed, but re-read the accounts (1) or speak to survivors in what remains of the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps, and the words still drip red. Time has not washed away the blood. All through my investigation I was horrified as I listened to story after story about children with their throats slit, or pregnant women with their bellies slashed open, or heads and limbs hacked off. I felt physically sick.

I did not approach what remains of the Sabra and Shatila camps through the main entrance but via a dirty district on the periphery, home to new, mostly Asian, arrivals. I entered the main street that once linked Gaza hospital, which no longer exists, to the main entrance near the Kuwaiti embassy. The embassy stands out, incongruously luxurious, as is the nearby sports centre where Palestinian and Lebanese adults who escaped the massacre were questioned.

People now made their way to the camp between shops and stalls selling fruit, CDs, new and second-hand goods, cars, scooters.

How do you select between direct and indirect witnesses to the massacres? Their voices subdued, they brought alive the scenes of September 1982.

Um Shawki, 52, lost 17 members of her family, including a 12-year-old son and her husband. She lived in the Bir Hassan district near the Kuwaiti embassy. After 1982, she moved with her 12 surviving children to the main street in Shatila and lives on the fourth floor of a poorly constructed building. Her apartment is clean; artificial flowers complement its soft furnishings and pictures are stuck or nailed to the walls, of Al Quds (Jerusalem) and the Hamas flag. She does not belong to Hamas: "I don't belong to any organisation. I would only join when I was sure of the outcome." And her children? "I don't want them to sacrifice themselves for anything, but on the day I am certain of getting my revenge, I'll encourage them and be at their side."

Rest of the article:
www.oneworld.net...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just to show a little of how unfair the media is with some stuff, i don�t know how much people, knows about this:

Israeli 'shoot to kill'-style warning sign on part of the separation barrier. As expected, the Hebrew word for the barrier is gader ("fence"). However, the Arabic word used is jidar, which -- while related at its root to the Hebrew word gader actually means "wall" in Arabic. (ISM)

Remember after the nazi�s what was built in berlin?
Guess...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
All i can say is that you wont see that on CNN!!

Guerillla

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've heard about this new wall. They "say" its a fence but, I saw it. It's a thick wall and it's just another ploy to defy the UN rules by encroaching upon Palestinean land.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Personally, I'd electrify the bugger too.

Keeps all those nasty, greasy little suicide bombers out.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but that post was ignorant, stupid and arrogant. It was totally out of order. I mean, you say in another thread that Sharon is not a nazi, yet he is surpassing what they did! With men, women and children dying on both sides you are kissing the @$$ of one of the biggest culprits.

Could it be that you are acting like an @$$hole just because you don't like the author of this thread?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Could it be that I don't like suicide bombers?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You didn't answer my question. I can't force you to but I find it interesting that you chose to side-step it and counter-question me.

About your obvious dislike for Palestinians:

Look at it from a different angle. Have you ever seen an injured child? I mean truly injured? If you have then you should realise that people are bound to retalliate when the IDF shoots kids (and they do, don't try to deny it). There was a case that was brought to the intention of the British media a number of months ago. A Palestinian kid was being threatened by IDF troops. A British man shielded the child from the soldiers, and they responded by shooting him. No warning.

Look, I am not condoning suicide bombing. My support for Hamas etc. stops when they target israeli civillians, but you must realise that when a father sees his son die just for being of a particular race or faith, then he will thirst for revenge. I imagine that it is the same for average israelis. Imagine two brothers. One dies in an attack by Hamas. The other joins the IDF to try and gain revenge on the people that killed his brother. And so the cycle goes on.

Now about suicide bombers:

If the Palestinians had guns, they would use them, but as israel has cut off their arms supply they have to resort to explosives. And the best method for them to deliver the bomb to its target, is by walking it to the target. Plus, as so many Palestinians have lost their families to the conflict, many have nothing to lose, save for their lives.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
You didn't answer my question. I can't force you to but I find it interesting that you chose to side-step it and counter-question me.

About your obvious dislike for Palestinians:

OK.
Firstly. Do I dislike Cold Anger?
Get real dude. This is a website. I don't like his opinion. But how can I dislike him? I don't even know him.

Second. "Your obvious dislike for Palestinians". Show me one word where I have proven a dislike of Palestinians and I will bow to you. But you know what? You won't be able to. You know why? Because I couldn't care less about them. The same as I couldn't care less about the Israelis.
What I do care about is that I'm stuck in the middle and these turds are threatening my existence. By balancing a thread when it is all one way traffic against the Israelis, I hope to show the ignorance of posters like Cold Anger and prove that the argument is a waste of bloody time.

Just as replying to your accusations shows the ignorance on which your allegations were based.

So you see it's easy to accuse somebodyt of something isn't it. But when your accusation is based on ignorance because of a blindness to the subject, you just become part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Jesus cold anger,
do you go to www.stupidcraptopostonaforum.com and subscribe to everything?

or maybe it was www.madeupstatistics.com
who knows.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
cold anger - what do the nazis have to do with this??

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Surely he has dug himself a deep hole here.

Nazi's? Are you serious?

If it wasn't for those damn hun's, I tell ya.............

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Israeli fence? apparently news groups don't know what a fence is

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
its all because the U.N. is full of souless politicians. No one is going to come to the aid of a small group of people without getting some compensation. Its the cold fact of how the system works. And its sick that people's lives arent even worth anything anymore. Our only hope is that the people of the world will open their eyes soon and stand up for whats right.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i have one question.
Does the U.S still fund Israel??
And if the answer is "Yes" then there is a problem because that makes your Country part of this, because without your funds Israel cant do things it does, like killing children and woman, taking land by bulldozing houses that people lived in, its not a nice site, believe me it really isnt!
Also man look at it this way, im sure it comes out of Tax payers money, so your hard earnd money goes to Israel and there not doing such a good job on peace, then again niether is Palestine!

If the Answer is "No" then im out for words.

Guerilla

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i have one question.
Does the U.S still fund Israel??
And if the answer is "Yes" then there is a problem because that makes your Country part of this, because without your funds Israel cant do things it does, like killing children and woman, taking land by bulldozing houses that people lived in, its not a nice site, believe me it really isnt!
Also man look at it this way, im sure it comes out of Tax payers money, so your hard earnd money goes to Israel and there not doing such a good job on peace, then again niether is Palestine!

If the Answer is "No" then im out for words.

Guerilla

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Cold Anger knows that the best lie is a half-truth. Most people are too lazy to look things up and just go with the first thing they see in print.

The BBC has a pretty good article on the masacre. It doesn't exonerate Israel, but neither does it exagerate the role they played.

For the record, the masacre was done by Lebanese militia. Israel's crime is not recognizing that such a masacre could happen and providing for their defense.

news.bbc.co.uk...

BBC NewsThe slaughter was carried out by fighters from the Lebanese Forces militia (LF), linked to the Christian Phalange group, who were hungry for revenge for the killing of the Phalange leader Bashir Gemayel in a car bomb two days earlier.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by daeldren
its all because the U.N. is full of souless politicians. No one is going to come to the aid of a small group of people without getting some compensation. Its the cold fact of how the system works. And its sick that people's lives arent even worth anything anymore. Our only hope is that the people of the world will open their eyes soon and stand up for whats right.

The UN pays a lot of attention to the Palestinian-Arab people. In fact, the UN pays them a living stipend similar to welfare. Thats one of the reasons so few of them have been absorbed by any of the 15 other Arabic nations in the region. If they left, they wouldn't get the money anymore.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
Jesus cold anger,
do you go to www.stupidcraptopostonaforum.com and subscribe to everything?

or maybe it was www.madeupstatistics.com
who knows.

Pretty funny dude

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
cold anger - what do the nazis have to do with this??

Nothing, is what became after them , the berlin Wall, or u don�t remember what happened to germany after the defeat of the Nazis?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join