It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What states do you think would secede?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right section, but here goes:

I was e-mailing with Eric Jon Phelps (vaticanassassins.org) and he indicated that Arizona and possibly Montana were talking about secession. An Arizona representative (a Republican one at that) was saying that Arizona ought to secede if we go into martial law and the Constitution was suspended. Supposedly there are around 35 states that would break away and start over, using the Constitution.

Now while I believe the South was out of line in 1861 (their reasons for secession were not valid--it was a third party initiating the civil war), I do believe in states' rights. It may very well be time for the USA to break up or everyone will be dragged down.

If Montana or Arizona secedes, you'd better believe I'd want to move there!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Do you have any link to a reputable source quoting any major political figure in these states saying they want to secede?

Secession is illegal from the precedent of the civil war, and I don't see any way any state would seriously consider it.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Got it right here, from Free Republic:

Arizona makes preparations for secession in case of martial law

That article has made the rounds...saw it on Rense.com, and I think it was originally on World Net Daily.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

An Arizona state legislative committee has approved a resolution calling for the dissolution of the federal government in the event that it abolishes the U.S. Constitution, declares martial law or confiscates firearms -- scenarios some say are not unrealistic. Critics of the resolution, however, call the measure a "total waste of time."

OK, fine, but that's never going to happen, so it's an exercise in futility IMHO...doing that would be just as illegal as secession.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Before you dismiss it out of hand, here's the actual text of the bill. Read it thoroughly.

What Arizona is wanting to do is basically disband the USA, then start over again, re-ratifying the Constitution with probably 34 other states. In effect they'd be kicking out the troublemakers/NWO types.

I think Arizona might be a decent place to live....

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
OK, fine, but that's never going to happen, so it's an exercise in futility IMHO...doing that would be just as illegal as secession.

You gotta understand; if we enter martial law, constitution is susspended, all laws then become null and void since the foundation they are based on is kaput!
That is IF you believe they were ever based on it......
Banjo Guru

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, at least i can sleep safe tonight knowing that we got plans if martial law was declear and the Constitution was suspended... and the NWO starting taking over.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's a funny thing about secession...if the government is good you don't want to secede, but if the government is bad you're not allowed to.

Arizona's a bit too hot for my liking, so I hope Montana secedes. They seem to be pretty conservative, and I like cool weather.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Secession has never proven to be illegal. Just because Ape Lincoln and his federalists did not want to lose revenue that the Southern states provided he felt he was justified in smashing Americans who would not bow down to the Fed coats.

In 1776 it was all right for colonies to seceede but not in 1861, hmmm is there something wrong here. I dont recall seeing the word secession mentioned even once. Therefore according to the 10th amendment that matter is lfft up to the states and the feds can't do anything about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
As of now, Texas is the only state which can sucede under the current Constitution if it so chooses.
It has always had that power.
It was one of the agreements set forth before Texas entered the Union.
The U.S. wanted us so bad to be with them, they agreed to it.
Otherwise, at the time, we would not have entered the Union, and would have remained a country.
HENCE-the Texas flag is the only one which can be flown at the SAME level as the US flag-legally.
This is not to say however, if martial law is declared , other states cannot do the same.
Since in that respect, the constitution will be null and void-which held the states together. I THINK

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Also, this never changed during the War against Northern Agression.
Trust me,
My GG-or so-Grandfather was the Governor-Oran Roberts
Looking at Sam Houstons oak-cabinet right now, which is sitting in my bedroom.hehe-NO_JOKE

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Only thing is, the Vatican is what instigated the Civil War--they backed the South.

I'd hardly call it Northern "Aggression" when the South threw a hissy fit because Lincoln won the 1860 election. The South fired the first shot--they were rebels without a good cause.

Oh, and my mother is a member of the Daughters of Union Vets.

What I'm saying here is there's a good reason to secede--we have a fascist dictator wannabe in the White House. (Lincoln was no fascist and he never suspended the Constitution.)

You Southerners want to secede, you have my support. I hope Ohio follows!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The cause of the WAR aside, as that's a different topic entirely, and one that can become easily heated.

Yes, I agree, at this moment the issue is about giving up our rights to the elect.
What people are going to do when it comes down to the wire, is yet to be seen, although, it does seem that trouble is ahead if they keep using the THOUGHT of terrorism, to convince more and more to willingly vote away their rights.--which I should not say vote really-the Patriot Act was not even read by congress.
The more I think about it, the more I get annoyed and tired of , well, thinking about it.
But time will tell.
Always does.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yes,
actually, I'm glad to see people of like mind here, and in this century, we all must stick together, be it North or South, because, what this is about is AMERICA, and we are now brothers, and down here, we respect you up there as FAMILY in COUNTRY now.
Although I bet there may be a few little harmless jokes in the future, they sure will not be aggressive. And will be all in good fun.
BUT, what is serious is the fact that instead of a split in states, it is now a split between the people of the country, and the governmental empire, which is continually working toward a totalitarian rule.

The very thing our Constitution actually protects us from.
The very Constitution they are undermining.

I really don't know what to say other than we must unite as a people, because we ARE the Government, at least for now, until "they" further erode the Constitution.

The founding fathers meant for us to be able to suppress an out of control government.
Part of the reason for the second ammendment.

But now we are being called terrorists for upholding it.
With propaganda fed to all of the soccer-moms.

Time to turn the tables folks, or we are in for a heck of a bad next ten years.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8mmmauser
As of now, Texas is the only state which can sucede under the current Constitution if it so chooses.
It has always had that power.
It was one of the agreements set forth before Texas entered the Union.
The U.S. wanted us so bad to be with them, they agreed to it.
Otherwise, at the time, we would not have entered the Union, and would have remained a country.
HENCE-the Texas flag is the only one which can be flown at the SAME level as the US flag-legally.
This is not to say however, if martial law is declared , other states cannot do the same.
Since in that respect, the constitution will be null and void-which held the states together. I THINK

FYI, the Texas State Flag is not the only state flag that can be flown at the same level as the United States Flag. (All state flags can as long as they are to the left.) That is a myth!

Also, Vermont I feel is the most likel to secede, as it is very independant and was (like Texas) a republic first. The Republic of Vermont.
www.vtliving.com...

Flag Rules

[edit on 18-6-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8mmmauser
Yes,
actually, I'm glad to see people of like mind here, and in this century, we all must stick together, be it North or South, because, what this is about is AMERICA, and we are now brothers, and down here, we respect you up there as FAMILY in COUNTRY now.
Although I bet there may be a few little harmless jokes in the future, they sure will not be aggressive. And will be all in good fun.

LOL Only thing I hate about the South is the hot weather...though I haven't been further south than northern Kentucky! I was born in Michigan so I'm used to cold weather.

If we can't kick BushCo out, then it's probably time for us to split--literally. We wouldn't have to have Civil War II...just a few states secede and the Constitutionalists (like me) head there, and the neo-cons and anyone else blind enough to support BushCo can stay in the other states.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There is a movment in Vermont to become a Republic again, here is the link...they have a new flag and everything!

Not that I agree...

www.vermontrepublic.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
My father taught me that the civil war was fought because of state government vs. federal government rights. The states lost, with the Federal government gaining huge powers over the states, and the Fed. has been steadily gaining power over us since...but especially in the last 4 years..

I have seen 35 states mentioned does anyone have the states lists??

I can see this happening....you would think that states would put it to a vote???

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I can't imagine such an even occuring in any state. America may be a divided country in thought but is still a united country in heart. Of course, I always did wonder about Texas as they do seem to dance to a different beat.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Texas would be the first. Texans view themselves as Texans first. God knows we could do without thier politicians on both sides.

Hawaii. I was surprised to see alot of hawaii nationalism on my last visit there esp in Kauai.

For my money, California is the most viable as a stand alone country in terms of food and high tech industry and general economy and right now for every federal tax dollar spent California gets back on 80 cents or so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join