It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shriner hats (fezzes) and Mohammed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
ah
i think i know what you mean. recently i went to paris and saw an old (or new) masonic lodge in the old.. jewish section? Anyway I noticed that unlike other masonic lodges this one had AB in the symbol insteed of G so sebatwerk is that it? I am asking that a question way not an incosidert asshole way.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
Right, but what IS the "continental tradition"? What's the difference from others? Is the permission of atheists part of this tradition?

I have no idea, I figure they have differing rituals. Not sure, I know of the acceptance of people that do not belive in a creator, and thats about it. They were associated with the Grand Lodge of England, but lost the association with most lodges in 1877 with the adoptin of the following belive.

"Whereas in other forms of Masonry - particularly those which are the direct descendants of English Masonry and have retained their dogmes - a member must be a practising believer, the Grand Orient de France as an institution, is a society which practises Absolute Freedom of Conscience that is to say it leaves its members free to believe in a revealed truth whatever it may be or to be totally agnostic. Thus in the Masonic Lodges we find believers of all faiths together with atheists, agnostics and freethinkers. This is the meaning of the freedom of conscience which the Grand Orient de France defends when it defends secularism in all the activities of the state and not only in education which it wants to see remain free, nondenominational and compulsory for all . This new concept of Freemasonry - of Absolute Freedom of Conscience which was born on the " Convent " (Annual General Meeting) of 1877 and whose gave birth to a new form of practise in Freemasonry which is called Liberal Freemasonry. This form is fast developping in all the countries of the world where men aspire no longer to be the slaves of dogmas and enforced beliefs and want to change the societies in which they live, preparing a better and more enlightened future for to morrow."

www.godf.org...

[edit on 18-7-2005 by wiggy]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
you know what? im just gonna start a thread about that if we get into my post here i'l just be spamming so im gonna go make a thread about that

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well I was just at the Shriner parade today in Hanover, NH for the annual VT vs. NH football game and parade.

Lots of fezzes there. Just was hanging out at the coffee shop on the corner. Usually they drive around these little cars, but this time they had a whole set of harley riders, who were doing some figure 8's pretty fast too. I was thinking boy if they wreck this is bad, but they didn't wreck so it was pretty cool.

They do raise alot of money for hospitals even if the hats are sort of wierd.

Actually I was talking with someone at the coffee shop who told me that the fez was historical worn by clerics and scholars in Turkey (muslim I would guess). So it's not the extremist aspect of the religion that is represented by these hats but actually the studious aspect.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Freemasons (Shriners) are absolutly NOT christians of any sort, and they are a religion, and it is NOT god who they worship. Now, some of the outer edge of Shriners and the Masons at the Blue lodge may decieve themselves, and tell themselves that they are christian, and that the secret blood oaths they are taking while blindfolded with a noose around their necks are just fun brotherhood things....but they aren't!
The goal of freemasonry is to create a one world religion.
There is a LOT of evil being preformed by these inner circles of high degree masons, stuff people on this board would never believe because it's much easier and coftorable to live with their heads buried in the sand.

Let's look at a few things from a book called "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Rite" It was written by Albert Pike, who was the Sovereign Grand Commander of the Southern Supreme Council, A.A., Scottish Rite, for 32 years. The book that is considered the "Bible of Masonry", the book that the current Soveregn Grand Commander calls "the most complete exposition of Masonic philosophy there is."

The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall iunderstand them, but it is intended that he shall imagine he understand them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry....It is well enough for the mass of those called Masons to imagine that all is contained in the Blue Degrees (page 819)

They know what their symbols truly represent and understand their full meanings.

Masonry, like all religions, all the mysteries, hermeticism and alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the adepts and the sages, or the elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled; to conceal the truth, which it calls light, from them, and to draw them away from it. Truth is not for those unworthy or unable to receive it. (page 104-105)

"To you, Sovereign Grand Instructors General, we say this, that you may repeat it to the Brethren of the 32nd, 31st and 30th degrees: 'the Masonic Religion should be, by all of us initiates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the LUCIFERIAN Doctrine. If Lucifer were not god, would Adonay (Jesus)... calumniate (spread false and harmful statements about) him?...Yes Lucifer is God..."(page 588)

"Every Masonic Lodge is a temple of religion, and its teachings are instruction in religion" (page 213)

Should I go on? Masonry is a dark religion that decieves many hiding behind a philanthropic disguise.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am a Shriner, and have a fez and all that cool stuff, and to be completely honest, it’s kind of boring. The only thing we really do is meet once a month at a Shriner club somewhere at a pub or restaurant and have our own little area, and we talk about whets going on with the events at the shrine. They mostly get drunk and have a few laughs and they're off. Since I don’t drink I don’t see anything special with Shrine except the children’s hospitals which are a big benefit. Our last meeting all we talked about was the relocation of the hospital somewhere else. That was it.

Also when you go through the ceremony to become a Shriner, they tell you before you start that the whole play is symbolic in nature and is just a "play" nothing less or more. I had to be the exemplar for the play, which was interesting, but still just a play. The whole fez thing is symbolic.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Freemasons (Shriners) are absolutly NOT christians of any sort

Wrong. I, for example, am a Gnostic, which generally qualifies as a "sort" of Christian, as you put it. Not only are most Masons and Shriners Christians of some sort, but many are clergymen and theologians.

and they are a religion, and it is NOT god who they worship.

The Masonic Institution is an esoteric fraternal order, not a "religion". All Masons worship God, the Great Architect of Heaven and Earth, the Giver of all good gifts, and the Judge of the quick and the dead.

The goal of freemasonry is to create a one world religion.

Freemasonry doesn't give a rat's rear end about "one world religion". Freemasonry unites men of *all* the great religious traditions who share in common the same moral and social values.

There is a LOT of evil being preformed by these inner circles of high degree masons

Like what? Who are these "high degree masons" anyway? You guys keep making this claim, but when questioned, you inevitably start talking about people who aren't even Masons, like George Bush or Tony Blair. It's actually sort of mundane.

Let's look at a few things from a book called "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Rite" It was written by Albert Pike, who was the Sovereign Grand Commander of the Southern Supreme Council, A.A., Scottish Rite, for 32 years. The book that is considered the "Bible of Masonry", the book that the current Soveregn Grand Commander calls "the most complete exposition of Masonic philosophy there is."

1. I seriously doubt you've ever actually read "Morals and Dogma". I have not only read it, but studied it in depth.

2. It is most certainly not considered any "Bible of Masonry". It is considered what it is: a collection of interesting essays written by a prominent Masonic philosopher.

"To you, Sovereign Grand Instructors General, we say this, that you may repeat it to the Brethren of the 32nd, 31st and 30th degrees: 'the Masonic Religion should be, by all of us initiates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the LUCIFERIAN Doctrine. If Lucifer were not god, would Adonay (Jesus)... calumniate (spread false and harmful statements about) him?...Yes Lucifer is God..."(page 588)

The above is *not* from "Morals and Dogma". As I mentioned in another thread, it is what is known as the Taxil Hoax, another anti-Masonic fraud. Pike never wrote that.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I love how these ill informed people come up with their conclusions,if someone makes a post one would think they would do some research instead of making a fool out of themselves,I miss the days of old in here seems lately there have been some real outlandish things being said,and these guys whine about John Lear at least he has something to back his claims,I take it as an insult to my father and my family

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join