It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shriner hats (fezzes) and Mohammed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by INFOAGENT_X
masons dont follow god.
get out of here with this.
why do you guys feel we forget about the templars.
they were nothing more then old school gangbangers. and if they had god on there side they would have won the crusades.
look at j edger hoover tell me he was not mason he spread drugs in the usa. so many died causde of him. dont play games

First off, J Edgar Hoover exposed Prescot Bush and his Nazi supporting Union Bank. If you want to talk about the spreading of drugs, look at the CIA, not Hoover. Hoover was definately a marked man as JFK was.

And research shows that most the accusations the church made about the Templars is false. They pretty much just became a middle ages Wester Union.

And that is sad for someone who benefited from Shriner's money to blast the Shriners.

People like to attack anything that seems Islamic, esoteric, or not of a complete Christian background. I mean attacking Shriners, that's pretty bad.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I love how threads jump from being about some silly rumor to animal abuse!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01
I love how threads jump from being about some silly rumor to animal abuse!

Oh, you "ain't seen nothin' yet!" Just wait. One of the members has his toilet vandalized every two weeks or so and his dog is regularly administered non-prescription laxatives by rogue Pharmacist-Freemasons and it upsets him so much that he jumps in and references a late nineteenth century book that he scanned and continually produces as evidence that there are actually Officers who govern the various branches of the Masonic Order.

Another member will add up the numbers of all the words in the ritual and explain why it means 666/Baphomet and is proof-positive that Masons are worshiping Satan in the form of a 1969 Volkswagen Beatle.

This in turn will be backed up by yet another member who discovers all sorts of secret codes (as well as a hybrid Spider-Owl) on the U.S. One-dollar bill, that only members of the Illuminati are privy to understand ....well, only members of the Illuminati and HIM.

Then just when you think things have calmed down...some brilliant scholar will "discover" that there are geometric designs (like poorly-shaped stars, etc.) in the lay-out of the streets of Washington DC and will have a revelation that they're a Masonic conspiracy. (Obviously these guys have never actually DRIVEN on the streets of D.C....THERE'S the real conspiracy..to keep people from actually getting anywhere in that awful city!)

[edit on 1-7-2005 by senrak]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Senrak,

You forgot about our friend who tried to say that Masonic "Sacred Geometry" influenced the design of Nuclear reactors in power plants.....

And if you add the heirarchy theory/NWO...you've just about summed up every Masonic discussion on this board.....

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golfie
Senrak,

You forgot about our friend who tried to say that Masonic "Sacred Geometry" influenced the design of Nuclear reactors in power plants.....

And if you add the heirarchy theory/NWO...you've just about summed up every Masonic discussion on this board.....

Well, you're right Golfie,

But you also have to throw in a few college guys getting naked and picking up olives with their butt-cheeks and calling themselves Skull & Bones members and the Bohemian Club strutting around in the woods in Choir Robes and burning fake woodland creatures, then accuse the Shriners of trying to initiate the Pope so they can finally infiltrate the Knights of Columbus...
...ties the whole thing up nicely, wouldn't you say?

[edit on 2-7-2005 by senrak]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Toss in a reptilian overlord or two and I think we've got it

[edit on 2-7-2005 by Golfie]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You guys forgot the little old retired Eastern Start ladies drugging people with Rohipnol and forcing them to watch masonic rituals (for what purpose MrNECROS still hasn't been able to explain to us)

[edit on 2-7-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There is NOTHING satanic about Freemasonry! All of its lessons are derived from the Bible, for God's sake! And most DO know that people think there are satanic things in Freemasonry, and they all know that this is FALSE.

AND NEITHER GEORGE W. BUSH OR HIS FATHER ARE, NOR HAVE EVER BEEN, FREEMASONS!!! :bnghd:
people are stupid they get mixed up when they here secret scocitye they immediatly think ooh nationla tresure the davinci code!!!!!

Though i am confused about the shriiner's are they masons (dumb questions) why do they were those hats? and were do they get those cars/? cus i need one!! they are just so adorablle!!!

Why does everyone think this???

[edit on 18-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Though i am confused about the shriiner's are they masons (dumb questions)

Yes, they are Masons. It is a prerequisite. I intend to join the Shrine
in a few years, unfortunately I don't have the time right now.

why do they were those hats? and were do they get those cars? cus i need one!! they are just so adorablle!!!

Don't know where they get the cool cars, but I bet they're great on gas

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damion_gringe
Though i am confused about the shriiner's are they masons (dumb questions) why do they were those hats? and were do they get those cars? cus i need one!! they are just so adorablle!!!

The Shriners are masons who want to join a charitable masonic organization, help people and have fun doing it. The hats are part of the middle-eastern theme selected by the founders of the organization. They wanted to have a central theme that would be fun as well as symbolic.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well I am a grad student at Dartmouth and we have the Shriner's parade that comes through. The cars they drive are pretty cool. It's obviously all done in good spirits to raise money for hospitals.

I've always thought it was sort of wierd that they happened to pick motifs from a culture that we are currently in conflict with, but when they were founded originally, we didn't have Bin Laden, and even so, he's certainly not representative of the majority of Islamic belief.

So I've always wondered what sort of people are masons, do you have to be a stone mason to be a mason? Do professionals join these organizations nowadays or is it more oriented towards labor or architecture.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grad_student
Well I am a grad student at Dartmouth and we have the Shriner's parade that comes through. The cars they drive are pretty cool. It's obviously all done in good spirits to raise money for hospitals.

I've always thought it was sort of wierd that they happened to pick motifs from a culture that we are currently in conflict with, but when they were founded originally, we didn't have Bin Laden, and even so, he's certainly not representative of the majority of Islamic belief.

So I've always wondered what sort of people are masons, do you have to be a stone mason to be a mason? Do professionals join these organizations nowadays or is it more oriented towards labor or architecture.

Anyone can be a mason. And many different types of men are. Like, Geroge Washington!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Anyone can be a mason. And many different types of men are. Like, Geroge Washington!

Correction: Any Man who believes in a GOD can become a Freemason.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khonsu

Originally posted by Boatphone

Correction: Any Man who believes in a GOD can become a Freemason.

Unless the lodge follows the continental tradition .

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy

What is the "continental tradition"? All msonic lodges must only admit men who believe in a supreme being. They cannot be officially recognized otherwise.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

What is the "continental tradition"? All msonic lodges must only admit men who believe in a supreme being. They cannot be officially recognized otherwise.

Some french lodges( Grand Orient De France) follow continental tradition, but they were cut off from most grand lodges ( UK, USA, Anglo Branches) for allowing atheists into their ranks ~1880s.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm wondering what you consider to be "Continental tradition"....? As far as I know, only one jurisdiction in France (as well as all of Europe) is the only one to allow atheists and lose their recognition.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Some french lodges( Grand Orient De France) follow continental tradition, but they were cut off from most grand lodges ( UK, USA, Anglo Branches) for allowing atheists into their ranks ~1880s.

Without taking an oath to God and believing in such is a man REALLY a Mason?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My understanding, is that during the late 1800s, there was the Anglo tradition ( mostly what has survived today) and the Continental Tradition. The Grand Orient de France followed the Continental tradition, and in 1877 started allowing athiestis, and for such an action, was " cut off" from all other Grand Lodges.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Right, but what IS the "continental tradition"? What's the difference from others? Is the permission of atheists part of this tradition?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join