It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

94 % of Americans believe Bush lied America into war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
94 % of Americans believe Bush lied US into war
MSNBC News Poll

I think this poll is a bit misleading because I’m not an American and I took the MSNBC poll above as well.

Bush's Support on Major Issues Tumbles in Poll
By Robin Toner and Marjorie Connelly
The New York Times

According to the New York Times/CBS News Poll.
Forty-two percent of the people responding to the poll said they approved of the way Mr. Bush was handling his job,

Moreover, only 37 percent said they approved of Mr. Bush's handling of the situation in Iraq, down from 45 percent in February
www.truthout.org...

Investigate whether Bush intentionally misled U.S. for war

WASHINGTON - Congress should conduct an official inquiry to determine whether President Bush intentionally misled the nation about the reasons for toppling Saddam Hussein, a senior House Democrat suggested Thursday
link

'Justifying' The Silence On Downing Street Memos
Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting

The Washington Post editorialized (6/15/05): "The memos add not a single fact to what was previously known about the administration's prewar deliberations. Not only that: They add nothing to what was publicly known in July 2002."

The New York Times reported (6/14/05) that "the documents are not quite so shocking. Three years ago, the near-unanimous conventional wisdom in Washington held that Mr. Bush was determined to topple Saddam Hussein by any means necessary."

NBC reporter Andrea Mitchell similarly remarked on June 14 (Media Matters, 6/15/05) that you had to be "brain dead not to know" what the White House was doing.
Link

yes I know polls don't mean much
but I do like them when the put to the Bu#'s

[edit on 18/6/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yeah, just a self selecting flash poll. Not scientific, but still waaaaaaay against Bush. I've seen scientific poll numbers on that question that have been bad for Bush, but not that bad.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Although Bush is not Mr. Popular these days I don't think the percentages are that high. I think the average american knows the "lets look for nukes" line was bull from the start and that Bush was going after Sadam to finish daddy's job. Can't say I blame him for that. Problem is once we got what we wanted, we should have got the heck out.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
We should have listened more to the reasoning of Poppy Bush. In statements he made after the Gulf War, his rationale for pulling us out quick (after the stated objective was finished) has been proven 1000% correct in the aftermath of this botched invasion/occupation.

As far as the MSNBC poll is concerned, I will tell you what my corporate masters in the mainstream media say, NOT scientific. They look great, but they're really not reliable.

I do agree though, based on everything I've seen, the majority of Americans are SICK of Bush's bu#.

[edit on 6/18/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
No the percentage are not that high, but is more than half, about 52 percent, I have been following some of the polls, due to the fact that I have been polled on the subject of Iraq recently.

Questions like, "Do you think we are winning in Iraq" and "Should US pull out of Iraq?" also "Do you think we went to Iraq on the wrong reasons" are some of the polls question I have done.

Surprisingly the polls are negative when it comes to the answers.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
I think the average american knows the "lets look for nukes" line was bull from the start and that Bush was going after Sadam to finish daddy's job. Can't say I blame him for that. Problem is once we got what we wanted, we should have got the heck out.

Can't blame him for starting an illegal war? What?

I think you are wrong about the average American, at least I hope you are.

[edit on 6/18/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Actually one point there was very debateable (with regard to '99's statement). Half of the half of those who supported the invasion truly believed that it was some macho vendetta. The sad thing is, they somehow supported that. Like tit for tat. I saw that as being a very immature view.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Actually one point there was very debateable (with regard to '99's statement). Half of the half of those who supported the invasion truly believed that it was some macho vendetta. The sad thing is, they somehow supported that. Like tit for tat. I saw that as being a very immature view.

You call it immature, I call it something else...

I have hopes that those people you are talking about felt that way out of fear of terrorists, b/c they believed that Saddam was tied to 911. Our media propaganda machine was working overtime to link Muslims and the Middle East w/ terrorism...scaring the general public to death.

So either those people who supported this war for "macho" reasons are really ignorant (which I hope) or they are just plain evil.

I have a really hard time realizing that so many of my fellow Americans would be so careless over a war. Do we need bombs dropping in our own backyards to realize how serious it is? I hope I don't come across as overly self-rightous (b/c I can't stand people like that), but I assumed that it was a general consensus that war is horrible and we should resort to it only when absolutely necessary.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You come across as someone who's very passionate.

Originally posted by Lecky

You call it immature, I call it something else...

I'm being diplomatic. You wouldn't want me to get started on that, trust me.

I have hopes that those people you are talking about felt that way out of fear of terrorists, b/c they believed that Saddam was tied to 911. Our media propaganda machine was working overtime to link Muslims and the Middle East w/ terrorism...scaring the general public to death.

Many of them did. And still do. Much of that is highly irrational. For the reason you next stated. People talk about the liberalmedia.
It is not the LIBERAL MEDIA, it is the corporately-controlled media. Who cheer-leaded mightily FOR the invasion. Folks who get their news from tv and cable are at least two weeks behind the curve, and not in possession of very important facts.

So either those people who supported this war for "macho" reasons are really ignorant (which I hope) or they are just plain evil.

I try and give them the benefit of the doubt. However, there is another term for it. RACIST.

I have a really hard time realizing that so many of my fellow Americans would be so careless over a war. Do we need bombs dropping in our own backyards to realize how serious it is? I hope I don't come across as overly self-rightous (b/c I can't stand people like that), but I assumed that it was a general consensus that war is horrible and we should resort to it only when absolutely necessary.

Why not? It doesn't affect them. They might see a "news" segment on the evening "news," but beyond that, if they have no military member in their life, how would it affect them? Out of sight, out of mind. The adminstration works overtime to keep it that way. And you know what, we Americans are spoiled beyond reason. I shant count the ways.. but we could explore that.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It's very interesting to see how the opinions and views of the Iraqi "conflict" are changing.

I don't see anymore the die hard supporters, screaming their support anymore.

Is nice not to be call an anti American anymore for not supporting the "conflict" I called a conflict due to the fact that Iraq and Saddam never declared a war against the US.

Actually the only ones now supporting the Iraq affair is the multi billion defense department companies profiting from Iraq.

I saw a nice Lockheed Martin propaganda advertisement recently on national media explaining why they are so important to the nation, I almost gaged on my coffee.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm kind of mixed on that. Our defense industry does supply good paying jobs. My cousin for example works for Boeing. He's an engineer. Nice life. On the other hand, they are making insane amounts of money on that back of our military and foreign policy.

There's no balance anymore.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well ECK, you are right my husband is one of these employees too, but I still see their dirty greedy hands all over Iraq.

Something that bothers me until this day is how can they compensate for the lost of lives, how much money are American lives and civilian Iraqis lives worth.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well ECK, you are right my husband is one of these employees too, but I still see their dirty greedy hands all over Iraq.

Something that bothers me until this day is how can they compensate for the lost of lives, how much money are American lives and civilian Iraqis lives worth.

Sadly, our government and military/industrial complex does not count that cost. They're too busy licking their fingers over the windfall from that latest project.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You come across as someone who's very passionate.

I am passionate over this war, expecially lately with all these "leaks" coming to surface. Still there's so much silence, which infuriates me even more.

Many of them did. And still do. Much of that is highly irrational. For the reason you next stated. People talk about the liberalmedia.
It is not the LIBERAL MEDIA, it is the corporately-controlled media. Who cheer-leaded mightily FOR the invasion. Folks who get their news from tv and cable are at least two weeks behind the curve, and not in possession of very important facts.

Seriously, if we really had a liberal media then Bush would have been impeached, like yesterday. It's interesting though, now we are starting to see some republican members of congress back away from Bush and the other neanderthal neocons. Even republicans I know personally are having some serious doubts about our current administration.

I try and give them the benefit of the doubt. However, there is another term for it. RACIST.

I believe you are correct.

Why not? It doesn't affect them. They might see a "news" segment on the evening "news," but beyond that, if they have no military member in their life, how would it affect them? Out of sight, out of mind. The adminstration works overtime to keep it that way. And you know what, we Americans are spoiled beyond reason. I shant count the ways.. but we could explore that.

Yes, but there's only so much corruption you can ignore, this is a huge deal. With all these leaks of truth coming through, I wonder how people will respond? This is beyond petty partisan politics and I hope more truth leaks out so maybe the people can put pressure on our gov't to get our troops the hell out of there and safely. I feel bad for them and all the other victims who have suffered because of this BS war. We are spending billions and billions of dollars on this, and our "leader" isn't giving the general public any information regarding when it's supposed to end. It's the same crap "freedom takes time", and "nothing less than victory".

The problems that I hear about in Iraq only seem to build, quite frankly I don't know what to believe on the news anymore. I don't trust this shady administration at all.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
War is war. How is it illegal and what exactly would a legal war be? We don't like terrorist countries thus after 911 we were a little ticked off. Sadam was a threat that needed to be removed and he was. I would suspect if some other country had the "balls" to remove Bush, they would.

The problem now is not that we went in but that we won't get out. You can't change history and hindsight is just great but we need to focus on the here and now and that means how the heck do we get out of that place?

new topics

top topics

join