It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are aliens fallen angels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No, I don't think they are fallen angels. Frankly I'm sick of people saying that they are. This religious stuff has been infiltrating the UFO research field recently and something has to be done about it.

Must everything that's out of our normal experience be DEMONS to some people? That's such a primitive and small minded response. If you're going to look to a bunch of ancient myths for explainations of what aliens are, why not look at them ALL. Look at the Vedas, the Greek stories, the Sumerian and Babylonian myths. Why is the Bible any better a source for knowledge than any of the others? And just saying "because I know it's right" isn't good enough.

And why do you assume that aliens are Fallen Angels instead of the other way around? Wouldn't some advanced alien civilization be worshiped as gods by ancient people? I think it was Arthur C. Clarke that said "Any sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from magic".

Why can't UFOs bephysical objects, and the "aliens" in them are physical beings? Just because they seem to be doing magical things like disappearing into thin air doesn't mean that they're demons or faires or drug induced hallucinations. If a F-22 streaked across the skies of ancient egygt then went straight up into the upper atmosphere they wouldn't know what it was. They'd say it was a Osirus' chariot or something.

Anyway, I don't know what's caused this surge in the Fallen Angel theory. I blame George Noory's ruining of Coast to Coast and the whole religious right revival of the last few years. I mean, if people accept that there are aliens out there, that means that their worldview expands, making man less important, their countries less important, their religions less important, and all the petty little arguments on Earth less important. It makes them start to think. Wouldn't want that now would we. It's easier just to attribute anything out of the "ordinary" to demons or something in the bible. Because the Bible is all you need to understand the world around you...

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Its just a thought,though i do believe the ancient people of this planet probably mistook the aliens as fallen angels.What other explaination could the ancients have labled them as .To me the fairies,trolls,succubus,incubious,angels,and god were probably aliens.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
No, I don't think they are fallen angels. Frankly I'm sick of people saying that they are. This religious stuff has been infiltrating the UFO research field recently and something has to be done about it.

Infiltrating? Recently? Sorry, but this has been going on for some time. Right now I'm searching for an article from the 1960's that was probably the first nationally publicized piece stating that Adam and Eve were brought to earth by aliens (or something like, I haven't read/found the article yet.)

Must everything that's out of our normal experience be DEMONS to some people? That's such a primitive and small minded response. If you're going to look to a bunch of ancient myths for explainations of what aliens are, why not look at them ALL. Look at the Vedas, the Greek stories, the Sumerian and Babylonian myths. Why is the Bible any better a source for knowledge than any of the others? And just saying "because I know it's right" isn't good enough.

And why do you assume that aliens are Fallen Angels instead of the other way around? Wouldn't some advanced alien civilization be worshiped as gods by ancient people? I think it was Arthur C. Clarke that said "Any sufficiently advanced technology [would be] [IS] indistinguishable from magic".

I think most (here on ATS anyway) are in agreement that many cultures all over the world have unexplainable phenomenon that may have affected their religious teachings and writings. Is what we are seeing today the same things that were seen in ancient times, yet now we have the advantage of seeing past the muse? Is it any wonder that people claim to have aliens come to them in their dreams, and how does that relate to angels in dreams?

When a person sees something that is unexplainable, that is the person has no words to explain the thing they saw, it could often lead into being described extendedly synonymous with "unexplainable"... baffling, extraordinary, enigmatic, mysterial, mysterious, mystic, religious. I think it's important to look at these things and question the roots of our cultures and glean what we can from it. If UFOs as we know them today have been around for thousands of years, what does that stand for, where does it put us in the big picture?

Why can't UFOs bephysical objects, and the "aliens" in them are physical beings? Just because they seem to be doing magical things like disappearing into thin air doesn't mean that they're demons or faires or drug induced hallucinations. If a F-22 streaked across the skies of ancient egygt then went straight up into the upper atmosphere they wouldn't know what it was. They'd say it was a Osirus' chariot or something.

Anyway, I don't know what's caused this surge in the Fallen Angel theory. I blame George Noory's ruining of Coast to Coast and the whole religious right revival of the last few years. I mean, if people accept that there are aliens out there, that means that their worldview expands, making man less important, their countries less important, their religions less important, and all the petty little arguments on Earth less important. It makes them start to think. Wouldn't want that now would we. It's easier just to attribute anything out of the "ordinary" to demons or something in the bible. Because the Bible is all you need to understand the world around you...

I'm with you completely I guess, at least I think that you're in agreement that UFOs are a physical phenomenon today, but comparatively what they were 1000s of years ago? Do these writings state that UFOs were here thousands of years ago?

But as far as books of understanding, the bible is a quite small reference on my bookshelf, yet is says far more about life in general than any of the others. I'm not trying to press any religion on anyone. In fact I don't believe religion was the purpose of this thread to begin with, rather an objective look at the text. Please try to keep it that way

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth76
Infiltrating? Recently? Sorry, but this has been going on for some time. Right now I'm searching for an article from the 1960's that was probably the first nationally publicized piece stating that Adam and Eve were brought to earth by aliens (or something like, I haven't read/found the article yet.)

Yeah, you're right the theory has been around for a while. I just think it has enjoyed a resurgence in the past few years.

But as far as books of understanding, the bible is a quite small reference on my bookshelf, yet is says far more about life in general than any of the others. I'm not trying to press any religion on anyone. In fact I don't believe religion was the purpose of this thread to begin with, rather an objective look at the text. Please try to keep it that way

I suppose I wasn't so much responding to this one thread as several I've seen recently. The sentiment of many in those threads stems from their particular religion. Instead of looking at the big picture they prefer to look at the UFO phenomenon through their....filter.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
No, I don't think they are fallen angels. Frankly I'm sick of people saying that they are.

Must everything that's out of our normal experience be DEMONS to some people? That's such a primitive and small minded response.

And why do you assume that aliens are Fallen Angels instead of the other way around?

Just because they seem to be doing magical things like disappearing into thin air doesn't mean that they're demons or faires or drug induced hallucinations.

if people accept that there are aliens out there, that means that their worldview expands, making man less important, their countries less important, their religions less important, and all the petty little arguments on Earth less important. It makes them start to think. Wouldn't want that now would we.

It's easier just to attribute anything out of the "ordinary" to demons or something in the bible.

Like I said:
"don't call something that is demonic 'Satanic', because it seems people will stop listening, and try to tell you the true meaning and history of the word (asif you weren't just using it for effect, any how). "

In the Muslim religion, Jinns generally behave and act similar to the behavior attributed to aliens, being known for being tricksters, changing their form, visiting people in their sleep, etc.

In folk tales (across Europe, and more), vampires were said to travel as balls of light at night. This is also symbolism for visiting in your sleep (as well as how many reported to witnessing these entities appearance).

This has nothing to do with an invented scapegoat named The Devil.

It has more to do with the worship of 'ancient Gods', the selling your soul for fame/glory/fortune archetype, and vampirism analogies across the world, than it has to do with belief in 'Christianity' and the Bible as God-written inspiration.

But hey, if you think people don't believe everything they hear about grey Zetans from the Rediculi sector, because they are holdfast closed-minded religious types, thats up to you.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
seth maybe this is what your looking for

www.bibleufo.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
and may be this

www.cam.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
seth maybe this is what your looking for

www.bibleufo.com...

This book is considered by many scholars to be part of the Pseudepigrapha. The "Pseudepigrapha" is a collection of historical bilical works that are considered to be fiction. It was originaly translated from Arabic, and interestingly parts of it are in the Koran (or vice versa.)

and may be this

www.cam.org...

Is ADAM" the outer space astronaut" a name? Its root comes from the Hebrew word [ADAM" the outer space astronaut"] or [earth]. It could be a name, but it's also a full sentence

I don't believe that "outer space astronaut" was a word that exsisted in hebrew, because there wasn't such a thing. The Hebrew word adam is da (phonetic- aw-dam'). It means "mankind," or "people." The Hebrew word for Eve is hwwx (phonetic - khav-vaw'). It means "life" or "living."

More later maybe.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Okay, let's make some distinctions here. The ancient Sumerian/Akkadian, etc 'gods' are consistent with the Biblical descriptions of fallen angels (b'nai elohim, Genesis 6). They could be physical or spiritual at will. Nephilim or Rephaim are offspring of these angels and humans, and while they are physical, they cannot go back and forth from ethereal to corporeal like angels. They have a physical body that houses a spirit, just like a human.

A global deluge kills all the nephilim, so now we have a whole lot of spirits out there without bodies. We call these spirits 'demons' or 'unclean spirits', but they are not angels. If they want a body, they have to take one. When David kills Goliath (a nephilim from the line of Anak), the body is dead, but David didn't kill the spirit. It is out there, along with a host of others from other battles with Israel and from the flood.

After the flood, angels do it again (crossbreed with humans) and make more nephilim, but now there is a price. Every time an angel 'keeps not his first estate' (spiritual-see Jude) and breeds with a human, then the angel is imprisoned in 'Tartarus' (a bottomless pit-see Hollow Earth). The nephilim however is free to roam around etc. Daniel refers to them in a prophecy about the End Times, saying 'they will mingle their blood with the blood of men'. Whose blood are they talking about if it isn't men blood?

My research into the occult shows a mountain of evidence that links the 'Greys' to occult practices. Abductees are consistently reporting of an interest in reproduction (same agenda as the nephilim). The apparent 'theology' of the Greys (what they tell abductees, i.e. 'you need to realize that you are gods') is consistent with mystery religion and occult theology (realizing that 'we are gods').

Plato's writings on the city of Atlantis described 'flying machines' etc, and even Sumerian carvings seem to depict saucer like craft and Greys, as well as the giant nephilim. These writings and carvings are consistent with Biblical accounts on all points.

North America has a vast amount of 7-14 foot mummies in pyramids ('mounds') all over the country, and many Native American traditions refer to the terrifying 'six fingered people'.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Did anyone listen to Coast to Coast last night? This is exactly what I was talking about. They had Richard Hoagland (not the most credible guy) on discussing alien civilizations and other people taking the view that aliens were fallen angels or demons. One fellow said that there COULDN'T POSSIBLY be extraterrestrial civilizations because there are only angels and humans. Give me a break...how does he know that? Because aliens weren't mentioned in the Bible?

Another guy said that the aliens could be the nephilim of the bible. I don't know whether or not he believed that they are literally the nephilim or aliens that ancient people thought were gods.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If you read a good Jewish translation of the Bible (Tenach), like the JPS or Artscroll, it sound more like the nephilim and (sometimes) the elohim are really aliens. So I think the idea that aliens are really fallen angels is directly backwards. The concept of fallen angels does not appear in the Orthodox Jewish faith. What Christians call "fallen angels" in Genesis are really aliens.

(Disclaimer: I am not claiming that "God" is an alien. "Yahweh" in the Hebrew Bible claimed to be spirit, so the idea that "Yahweh" is a physical alien would create some problems. However, the idea that the nephilim are aliens in the Bible solves more problems than it creates.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7
Timoothy... The Sons of God may have had the ability to manifest physically
in very ancient times...I believe these entities no longer have this ability today...

What makes you believe this, if these I don't know what to call them, persons perhaps since they are obviously humanoid intelligent beeings exist. If the do exist what makes you think they would not just blend in and look like normal people ?

Will read the link tomorrow.. to late right now

[edit on 12-10-2006 by SilverSurfer]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
well we have Von Daniken and countless people pointing to the scriptures to prove that the aliens are the gods, and we have countless others using the scriptures to prove the aliens are devils. Then we have billions of people arguing over which scriptures are truths and which are false.

The concept of fallen angels came from the book of Enoch and the church banned that book long ago and burnt all the copies.

From reading bits of it I believe it was a symbolic experience designed to install certain concepts into Enoch's consciousness. It wasn't actually the entire facts about God or anything.

The alien leaders are happy that people think all aliens might be demons though. It keeps people away from them and away from the Secrets of Life. Oh wait, it was God who got angry when we went near his knowledge tree! Maybe God is an alien after all, or maybe the alien is God. Maybe it's a case of 'which comes first the chicken or the egg? God always appears in different forms and so do the aliens, so you can't use form as evidence either way

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I personally don't understand and have never understood why this question even comes up around here. It's as if folks want to see connections and patterns amongst absolutely everything. What does a middle-eastern jewish offshoot religion have to do with space aliens? How about these options, equally viable:

Are ghosts actually interdimensional beings?

Are chupacabras actually a government experiment gone wrong?

Do Shakespeare's plots actually represent lessons imparted by a passing alien civilization wiser than we in the ways of love, murder, comedy, etc?

Are tornados actually caused by cosmic strings interacting with an anti-matter core of the earth? (for you science buffs who didn't actually study science)

Do native american stories about having been created in south dakota represent a tribal memory of having been genetically engineering by passing aliens in a lab that used to be located in south dakota?

I made all those things up but I suspect they've mostly been talked about, and yes, even *believed* already.

Aliens are (if they exist) aliens. Stuff in stories is stuff in stories. Religion is religion. Not everything connects up.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The very fact is God is beyond our knowledge and so are the aliens, so it's ridiculous to argue about their true nature. Some religions say God has prepared a burning lake to burn folks in. That makes the aliens experiments seem rather tame by comparison. The aliens take a little DNA to make a new body while God takes a whole Rib out of Adam to make Eve with. The aliens kill the occasional person while God killed every firstborn child in Egypt, amongst countless other killings. The aliens are sweet little critters compared to God. So don't be afraid of them, be afraid of God if you don't like dangerous entities.

However the aliens and God are both good and need not be feared, only loved. After all someone loves you and you are not perfect by a long shot.

Lots of people are using scriptures to prove that God is actually not God after all but is some other dude. They are trying to make out that God is a hippy who wouldn't harm a fly and the old God is just an imposter! So really some people will use scriptures to burn witches, aliens, and God himself if they can.

[edit on 12-10-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
The very fact is God is beyond our knowledge and so are the aliens, so it's ridiculous to argue about their true nature. Some religions say God has prepared a burning lake to burn folks in. That makes the aliens experiments seem rather tame by comparison. The aliens take a little DNA to make a new body while God takes a whole Rib out of Adam to make Eve with. The aliens kill the occasional person while God killed every firstborn child in Egypt, amongst countless other killings. The aliens are sweet little critters compared to God. So don't be afraid of them, be afraid of God if you don't like dangerous entities.

However the aliens and God are both good and need not be feared, only loved. After all someone loves you and you are not perfect by a long shot.

Lots of people are using scriptures to prove that God is actually not God after all but is some other dude. They are trying to make out that God is a hippy who wouldn't harm a fly and the old God is just an imposter! So really some people will use scriptures to burn witches, aliens, and God himself if they can.

[edit on 12-10-2006 by probedbygrays]

i think you got your concepts around,what you're saying here is that we should be afraid of our creator God,our life giving creator, and love these big headed "animals" that all they do is hide from us and use acouple of stupid people they decieve. what do they have to hide?what shouldn't we know? aren't these ET here to teach us and help us on earth?why are they here for then?
I do believe they are here for their own purpose, for their own well being.
Also there's hundred upon hundreds of cases that Aliens have tortured people and animals, what kind of good beings tortures and/or takes the lives of them.
Said that, i do believe these are fallen angels.

Good thread btw

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
According to your own logic God must also be bad because he hides from people and has harmed people even though he is supposedly a person who is supposed to help us.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Aliens are fallen angels

I'm not a bible buff but one cannot help but ponder the implications of the writings of the word of GOD(aliens). It is really amazing that the writings of the bible sounds like a spielberg movie.

An exellent read ,take 15 min to read this and tell me what you think.
www.mt.net...

Of course they are =) Unless you can point me in the direction of Heaven's location =) HERE, ding, ding, ding! Now, what is God? =) Pecuilar question huh? The belief is in us... so aren't we creating our own God(s)? I'll just leave it at that.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by UbiquitousInfiniteReality]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join