It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Influencing... can it be done

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Raideur,

Why don't you try some of those things yourself?? If you were really rational and not closeminded, and actually willing to find out the truth or the fakes you would set out and actually try to duplicate these claims that other people make. You're in the state of pure speculation, even more than those who have actually practised some sore of remote viewing, or any other psi exercizes. At least those who have tried have experience; to back up or to debunk; these claims and abilities.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Yes, but only with spitwads and slingshots. With a spitwad and slingshot, I can influence distant people to go "OW!" and "EEEWW!"

I have found that even my Momlike powers can't remotely influence any of my kids, much as I'd like them too. And as their mom, I have a better chance of influencing them (because I have their stuff and I know where they are and what works on them) than a total stranger does.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If Carl Yung's theories of the collective unconciousness are correct, then one would think there should be a way to tap into that and possibly influnce someone elses mind. But God does not even interfer with man's freewill, so yes I'd have to say it was wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Unfortunetly I get rather annoyed with sites that tell you how to perform these things, mostly because they totally disregard that fact that people lie for the most insignificate reasons, even when you ask them not to, they simply make things up.

I probably dont "believe" enough to sucessfully perform any of these things.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Raideur, thank you for all your skeptic posts. It made me much stronger in a few ways:

1. That there are still people like you who might only believe in science next to their own believes, and thus disregard all other believes.

2. That there are skeptics here on ATS that can be wrong, which makes the possibility of other skeptics on other threads are (concious or unconcious) wrong too.

Thanks again, and as was said before: i hope you may find peace once, and maybe adopt a genuine believe

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Everybodies a comedian....

Oh well, I just dont like sitting idle while others claim extraordinary things...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Whats up with the weird reply??

I was totally serious writing that post, just as i am now...

As i said being a skeptic is very good, it has a function, which is meant not only for you.

Please continue not being idle (sorry for english), and keep posting you critics, but can i ask you something?
What is your personal experience with this subject?
If it is none, then why do you even bother to post here, since most other people here at least 'claim' they have experience with it. I mean, thats just not equally ballanced right?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I've always wondered about this too. I've got a friend who always taps his foot, but everytime I mentally tell him to stop and kinda send out negative vibes towards him- he stops. It's actually kinda wierd. And no, its definitely not coincidence. It happens quickly after I try and he'll go back to tapping after I stop sending the vibes.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur

This means that people can send virtually invisible signals to each other. This is totally outside normal logic and probably doesnt occur in most relationships.

And now......Is there any proof, other than you and your mate's testimony?
So, either you and your mate are breaking the laws of physics in your bedroom, or your lying? Right?

Assuming that the brain operates on the principle of electricity, we are sending "invisible signals" all day, every day...much like a radio.

I don't think it's so farfetched to think that maybe it can be controlled...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Everybodies a comedian....

Oh well, I just dont like sitting idle while others claim extraordinary things...

Do you know how a tape recorder works?

Do you know how an MRI (Magnetic Resonence Imaging) scan works (OK, I just gave you a hint!)?

And as a scientific , rational, realistic person I'm sure that you realize that the human brain operates on an electrochemical basis? And that anything that generates electricity also generates an electromagnetic field? And of course, even weak electromagnetic fields can be detected?

Now, as anyone who has ever struggled with the rabbit ears-type of TV antenna can tell you, such fields can be influenced by something as simple as the presence (and position) of a warm human body.

I have no idea what influence a cadaver would have on your reception, save at the police station!

I doubt that I've made any "extraordinary" claims, so far? Good. I'll try harder.

Given that the human brain forms thoughts as the result of, or at least, in the presence of, electrochemical processes. Given that these processes generate at least weak electromagnetic fields of varying intensities. And given that these fields can, and have been detected through MRI and PET scans by accredited Medical Scientists; is it not significantly below the extraordinary to claim that a field related to the thought processes of an individual is extant externally to the cranium of the corpus in question?

Furthermore, if this field is in fact or form electromagnetic in nature, would it not be subject to the same type of influence other such fields are subject to: namely the influence of a like field, in proximity? Before you answer, research the use of Electromagnetic Pulse Therapy in the treatment of severe migrain headaches.

Can such fields be used to transmit information: can we transmit our thoughts person to person via these "body-fields"? I suggest you consider again how a device as simple as a tape recorder works: infornation is transmitted from source (recorded tape) to receiver via patterned electromagnetic pulses, variations in the EM field generated by an electromagnet.

Are we humans not far more extraordinary in our capabilities and subtlies than a mere tape recorder?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Unfortunetly I get rather annoyed with sites that tell you how to perform these things, mostly because they totally disregard that fact that people lie for the most insignificate reasons, even when you ask them not to, they simply make things up.

I probably dont "believe" enough to sucessfully perform any of these things.

Too bad, because I have been able to successfully perform some of them.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
there's also a techneque(sp) where you can use suggestive words and sentance structures to alter a persons responces to you, i've seen illusionists use it, it seems to be very effective.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Don't you mean manipulation?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ah ha. So we use electromagnetic waves to influence other people from our own brains?

I've got two things wrong with that.

Why hasnt it been detected? We are bombarded by radio, microwave, and a whole slew of other waves, not to mention cosmic particles and the like.
If this were strong enough to influence the judgement of someone, we'd certaintly be able to detect it if we can detect neutrinos that are only 1/1000 the mass of a proton, or some amazingly small amount, and are electrically neutral. Seems odd we havent.

How would the brain produce these signals? Radio bombards metals with electrons to produce photons which carry the signal, and it requires some method of focusing because a 360 signal is terribly weak. You'd also need alot of electrical energy to do this with any strengh, and unless the brain is producing a good deal of chemical power just for this, I doubt it would function.

Finally, if this were all true, that means simple radios could be used to mind control people, and not just some of the time, but all the time. It could be mass produced and used to the wills of those who control it. Spooky thought?

Considering the government research into all of this sort of things during the cold war, either we're all being controlled as we speak, or the technology, and the ability, simply doesnt exist.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The ability to remotely influence a designated target for a set goal. As far as remotely influencing people goes, this could be anything from thoughts, words ,feelings and sensations, comforting streams and sexual arousal ect. Imagine if a wicked mind control programmer or master hypnotist with a covert agenda had such an ability..

If the target is an electrical device(like a satellite or transformer) this ability could be used to effect guidance systems, electric systems or cuase a masive power surge.

During the cold war the soviet union was pouring millons of rubles into psi research(60 million rubles in 1969 and over 300 million rubles a year by 1975 acourding to ingo swann the godfather of the US remote viewing program) He was commisioned by the cia to start a us remote viewing program to counter the soviets based out of fort meade in maryland.

The first popular discovery of this covert research appeared in 1970 in a book entitled Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain by Sheila Ostrander and Lynn Schroeder. Martin Ebon’s 1983 book Psychic Warfare: Threat or Illusion? took the subject of psi warfare much further; and David Morehouse’s Psychic Warrior: Inside the CIA’s Stargate Program (1996) tells an insider’s story. Major Morehouse had been one of the US military’s top remote viewers and the US military are allegedly unhappy at his revelations.

psionic warfare is not only a reality, it is used extensivly by the powers that be who engage each other in the great 'game of thrones..'

Btw, this is my first post on ATS. Been reading it for years and finally decided to sign up(the ads were driving me nuts! lol). I look forward to some well researched and thoughtful discussions.

regards,

The fanatical

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
yes it is possible, but you should be very carefull on how to use it.

influencing someones free will will make your karma go down. and let's just say that the punishment you'd get isn't nice

i got punished for putting a simple harmless suggestion into someones mind. still allowing that person to do as they wanted to, but not without considering my suggestion. she did as i suggested and gave me what i suggested in her head.

still my "gift" in this area is weak and untrained so i think this was more a thing of luck and repeating it would be hard for me to do

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
yes it is possible, but you should be very carefull on how to use it.

influencing someones free will will make your karma go down. and let's just say that the punishment you'd get isn't nice

I doubt it. There is no morality in the Universe IMO, so there's no judgement. Doesn't matter if you're remotely influencing someone.

Furthermore, when you're doing that IMO you're just bypassing their conscious mind and communicating with their subconscious. And if what you are trying to get them to do is incompatible with their belief system, they'll just reject it and not do it, think it or say it.

It's just a level of communication that is beyond that of the conscious mind, but that still can be rejected by the target (subconsciously). You can never have absolute control over someone else via remote influencing, because the person still has free will on a deeper, albeit practically invisible level.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Even if the entire world were to tell me that love is more important than my rational thoughts, I would refuse such an assumption because it is not true.

Basically everyone who is making any attempt to convince Raideur is wasting his or her time. He has cleary made up his mind and is making no effort to change it. He even made his own thread asking people to prove to him that PSI and what not exists.
.Can Anyone Prove Any of the Topics in this forum actually Exist?
I doubt there is any chance that anyone could persuade him.....just fot the fact that he would demand links or sources. But what you have yet to realize is that not everything can be proven. Our Sciences haven't reached that point yet, maybe when they do you will see

[edit on 21-6-2005 by The_Final]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That's why I asked him repeatedly to try out the psi stuff himself.

Btw... Here is an old thread related to this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Warning: not for the squeamish!!!

[edit on 21-6-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
she did as i suggested and gave me what i suggested in her head.

Maybe thats why got 'punished', because you influenced her mind for your own good. If you make suggestions to someone for the sake of someone else it may be much more different since the target wont be the same as the source

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join