It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals Acting Up in California?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

Originally posted by PizzaCrust
I'm located in Southern California and I'm noticing tons of skunks in the neigborhood. I have been seeing these things around my house for the past couple months. Last night I saw a few up the street just scurrying around. There's also mocking birds that chirp all night and you can hear it over a couple blocks.

Other than that I have two cats and they seem to be acting fine.

Please clarify.

Are you seeing these skunks during the daylight hours or at night? Skunks are primarily nocturnal; to see one in the daytime is unusual, unless the animal is ill (ie., rabid). If you are seeing whole groups of skunks in the day time, I'd say THAT qualifies as unusual behavior!

However, if you are seeing them after dark, I'd say some one in the neighborhood is leaving thier trash can uncovered...Skunk Smorsgabord!

I did not see these animals during the daytime. It was at night. But I live in Redondo Beach. Before they arrived here I never even saw a skunk in real life. Since then, I've seen more than 10. I think the skunks are migrating or something.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
About skunks being nocturnal...that's basically true same with Racoons, foxes etc. But sometimes they are out in the day without being sick...Like a mother with her babies when they start leaving the nest. or if they have gone far looking for food and take along time to get home--also going to a new territory, etc. Just thought I'd throw that in.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
wow... i did find it kinda odd that the two 1 year old cats who are brothers we adopted from the streets to catch gophers in the garden... who actually do quite well averaging a gopher a month... had been doing really well in recent months bringing us up to 5 or 6 gophers... but yesterday the gopher we had been trying to eradicate for several days ended up coming completely out of the ground... and none of the cats even took interest... and actually seemed like they wanted to just sit with the gopher instead of pouncing on it imidiatly like they always have and killed it rushing off to the bushes to eat their prize..and THE DO eat the guts out of almost all the gophers they have caught... but for some reason they just flat out didnt even wanna look at this one and have been really lagging it on the ambushing birds and gophers in holes they just hide out in the garage or want to be around us... im thinking something might happen here in northern california but who knows beause theres alot of people thinking this... happen or not ... but im letting anyone reading this know my cats are either tired of gopher steaks, got extremely lazy overnight, or they sense something is not right. THE JUST ATE THEORY WONT FIT IN HERE .because they both had killed gophers and birds on days after they had just been fed previously like any domestic cat would out of curiousity or instinct.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gloomyblue707

I'm also in northern California, and my two cats are acting stranely as well.

Both seem to be very "clingy" all of a sudden.

This started a few days before the quake in Japan, and it doesn't seem to be resolving itself.

Stay Safe.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Great Thread. People need to see this information!!!

What I wanted to add is this... I have a friend Wayne Hershal... smart smart SMART guy. He mad this video....

www.youtube.com...

When I watched what this professional had to say: www.youtube.com...

It made me think of Waynes video. You'll see what I mean... =0)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

what will you do??? Is Govn't around you acting strange? shutting down the city so 2 speak? I don't even know you and I'm worried about you and your 2 cats!!

stay blessed I prayed for you 3!~

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Holy crap I just seen this on Youtube after seeing the one about the cat. This sucker had to be 50-70 feet high when it broke onshore.

www.youtube.com...

From ground level and how this guy lived is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
does anyone realize that this thread started six years ago?
edit on 17-3-2011 by Brandyfro because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by Brandyfro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

great video (the first one), thanks

top topics

<< 1   >>

join