It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Armed Forces

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I heard from a chief on my shooting course tell me that the SA-80A2 could be customised for lefties...

Hmmm...what kind of "leftie" is that DW?

1. Pink Commies and hardcore Labour supporters?
  2. The wooly-woofter kind that like to call themselves "Emily"
  3. or the traditonal Left handed kind?

Sorry dude....I am bored at work and needed an escape!

I wonder what Bulldog will come back with next? probably an article from the Daily Sport I should imagine. this thread has gone on longer than needed by miles, but provides an entertaining release I suppose

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Hmmm...what kind of "leftie" is that DW?

1. Pink Commies and hardcore Labour supporters?
  2. The wooly-woofter kind that like to call themselves "Emily"
  3. or the traditonal Left handed kind?

Sorry dude....I am bored at work and needed an escape!

Lol wow! I can officaly shoot a rifle now since I am a "leftie"!

I wonder what Bulldog will come back with next? probably an article from the Daily Sport I should imagine. this thread has gone on longer than needed by miles, but provides an entertaining release I suppose

Where else do we get to laugh at ignorance in our own country?
Apart from the NEDS(chavs) on the streets.

And WTF is with your mood!!!!

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Lol wow! I can officaly shoot a rifle now since I am a "leftie"!

Which kind?

Where else do we get to laugh at ignorance in our own country?
Apart from the NEDS(chavs) on the streets.

Haha, don't get me started. He probably is one, you know!

And WTF is with your mood!!!!

Ronseal, mate. It means exactly what it says on the tin! You never know, I might hook up with a horny, conspiratorial-minded, blonde bombshell with big boobs if I advertise here......Well.....maybe....possibly

[edit on 25/7/05 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You never know, I might hook up with a horny, conspiratorial-minded, blonde bombshell with big boobs if I advertise here......Well.....maybe....possibly

- Yeah, that's a possibility stu.......just make sure it isn't one that shaves 4 times a day, is called 'Dave' on their birthcertificate and has a 6" cli*oris huh?

(all joking aside and just out of interest, me being fairly new around here and all, are there any successful couplings that have happened here at ATS?
Do you know if you'd be the first if it happened?)

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This Thread is highly entertaining!

The Tornado :

Stoneage huh? well at least its younger than the F-15 Eagle - but the UK should buy that instead? You know get rid of *probably* the best low level strike package in the world - bar none , and replace it with the Strike Eagle.

The *tonka* was designed as a `bomb truck` (to nick the phrase) from the outset - the F3 was a role specific aircraft - needed to enagage USSR bombers at great range , with MASSIVE loiter time for extended BARCAP.

It does the job it was designed to do - and even now it continues on in the SEAD role - something the F3 wasn`t designed for - but it still can do.

What about Canberra? there is nothing that can replace it as yet - even the UAV`s cannot perform the full mission profile.

Challenger 2? - ever since being outgunned in WW2 the brits vowed they would NEVER be in that situation again - and here we are in 2005 , and the challenger is a monster of a tank - and is credited with the longest range tank kill (from the main gun) in history.

But scrap that yeah and buy the M1A2.

Bulldog - please STOP reading the UK press , especially such toilet paper publications as `the sun` and `daily mirror`

they wouldn`t know the truth if it bit them on the ass.

oh , and 1 last thing - go and talk to the 48th Fighter Wing (based at Lakenheath) to hear there experience of going up against the Typhoon

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Harlequin]

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Harlequin]

M6D

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
best armour of any modern age tank to, hardly out dated sunshine

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
best armour of any modern age tank to, hardly out dated sunshine

If I remember rightly (I may be wrong) but the only time a Chally was "killed" was by another Chally. That was in April 2003, around Basra. In the dust and confusion, it seems one fired on the other and killed it (and the crew
)

I am not aware of a Chally being knocked out by any other armour (but I may be wrong....)

Oh, and Sminkey, about your coupling question. I believe Intelgurl and someone else (apologies, but the username slips my mind) have just got engaged. Seekerof knows them, I believe,amongst others.

There was a thread a week or so ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Which kind?

Left handed shooter and a dirty commie!

Haha, don't get me started. He probably is one, you know!

Na he hasnt said "haw you!" yet.

Ronseal, mate. It means exactly what it says on the tin! You never know, I might hook up with a horny, conspiratorial-minded, blonde bombshell with big boobs if I advertise here......Well.....maybe....possibly

RRRRRIIIGHT THEN!

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

RRRRRIIIGHT THEN!

It has happened...see above Re: Intelgurl....

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ok ive stopped buying the Sun since i can read it online for free. Harlequin you have convinced me that im talking crap so i wont demean British Forces ever again. Do you think the Spitfire is as good as the Raptor?Ok im taking the p thanks for putting me straight, Bulldog.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Ok ive stopped buying the Sun since i can read it online for free. Harlequin you have convinced me that im talking crap so i wont demean British Forces ever again. Do you think the Spitfire is as good as the Raptor?Ok im taking the p thanks for putting me straight, Bulldog.

Actually....
I'm sure I read from ethier stu or sminkey that a spitfire beat an F-16 in vertical combat or something of the sort....

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Harlequin, no of course you don't need to get rid of the Challenger, you just need to build more of them, enjoy.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
a spitfire beat an F-16 in vertical combat or something of the sort....

- Naa not me, but anyway wasn't it a Sopwith Camel under the 'no exceeding 150mph' rule?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
- Naa not me, but anyway wasn't it a Sopwith Camel under the 'no exceeding 150mph' rule?

Shhhhh dont tell them about our secret weapon!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52

Actually....
I'm sure I read from ethier stu or sminkey that a spitfire beat an F-16 in vertical combat or something of the sort....

Wasn't me either chap! You've been eating too much haggis, methinks...

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The Challenger 5.1km kill was with the Challenger during GW1 not the Challenger II which has a different (improved) main gun. The Challenger II is a great tank, as to if it's the best tank? Who knows? One of its strengths is its ability to engage mutiple targets in a short time frame, as the commander selects a targetting sequence for the gunner and the gun automaticlly aligns the gun on the next target. Theoretically a squadron of Challenger IIs could do away with a regiment of armour in under a minute. Additionally, its armour package is second to none. The British Army, at this time, has some of the best training facilities available to it on the planet. Live fire ranges for battle group training takes place in Canada. Vehicle simulators in the UK and Germany allow crews to practice unit manouevers as a battle group without wearing out equipment, or the tax payers wallet.. Its weaknesses, such as they are, is communications (to be put right with Bowman) and the a relatively low level of magnification for some of the optics when compared to the MIA2SEP. If you wanted to be picky, for urban warfare it could use some more remotely operated machine guns. If you look at an Israeli tank, they seem to half half a dozen hanging off them

So the Challenger II is definately a competitor. Having the best tank doesn't mean too much if you don't know what to do with them though. The French had the best tank on the planet in 1940 and look what happened to them.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Spitfire beating an F-16 in combat? Well, maybe this one................

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It was in the thread we talked about the red flag incident, remember?
Was quite a while back...will look up thread...

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It was in the thread we talked about the red flag incident, remember?
Was quite a while back...will look up thread...

No, i don't remember...please remind me.

I suspect I have either smoked to much of the happy tobaccy or drunk that particular brain cell to oblivion

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

No, i don't remember...please remind me.

I suspect I have either smoked to much of the happy tobaccy or drunk that particular brain cell to oblivion

No?
Hmmm it might have been infinite but it was a brit member that told me.....I'll find it...
Ps I wish I did have some haggis.....
not been able to have it in weeks....stupid courses and stupid 8 hour train drives to southern england.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join