It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Publishing or Layout Editing Experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Does anyone that posts in ATS have any experience with publishing programs, or the programs that are involved in layout design, or anything related to publishing and book design or editing?

Whether its professional experience in the industry, or putting together newsletters, or you used to be an editor for your highschool newspaper, or, heck, are the school advisor for such, please let me know. Feel free to respond here or to even u2u me. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hi Nygdan,

Kind of a wide range there....are you doing a survey or looking for some help? I'm afraid that my knowledge is a bit antiquated to be of much use these days.

I did page layouts for ads with Coreldraw for several years. Then I worked for a concrete statuary company, doing the layout and edit of their catalogs on what was then Adobe Pagemaker and a huge flat bed scanner. Waaay before that, I actually was the high school newspaper editor. Seems like we used a slab of rock and a chisel back then! LOL!
What's up?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
My girl-friend did for a while for websites. What is it you are wanting help with? I have also done a little for my College and worked as a web designer for a while so if there's anything you need to know just ask.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Might I inquire as to your purpose?

Check out Pages (part of iWork) or if you use an evil empire machine M$ Publisher iirc.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Publishing or Layout Editing Experience?

When I have some I WILL tell you!

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Nygdan, I was a tech writer at IBM and Motorola for about 15 years and was pretty much involved in all phases of publications. About fifteen years ago, when computers were a lot less ubiquitous than they are now, I did a lot of freelance publications work, ranging from designing menus for restaurants and blurbs for properties, to brochures for some lodges in the mountains. I also did some copywriting for smaller companies.

i have used Ventura from 1.1, and still use both MS Publisher and Adobe Pagemaker. And of course I use Photoshop and Acrobat to put whatever I need to in a form readable by anyone.

So I guess I can answer some questions, if that's what you're looking for.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
chickst3r, I love that littly "cuddly-cthulhu"! Where can I get one -- (preferably in hypo-allergenic plush)?

[edit on 18-6-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Experianced with Adobe photoshop, image ready, go live, and acrobat.

I also have experiance with quark, and MS publisher. Allthough I hate both of these programs with a passion.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
chickst3r, I love that littly "cuddly-cthulhu"! Where can I get one -- (preferably in hypo-allergenic plush)?

[edit on 18-6-2005 by Off_The_Street]

Urm...do you mean my my avatar?!!

And I actually do have some experience with Photoshop, paint (that really doesn't count!) and a little bit with making websites.....I'm working on that one the most

[edit on 19-6-2005 by CHICKST3R]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
These are great responses, I am slowly contacting some of the people, keep 'em commin!

In the meanwhile, enjoy The Tales of Plush Cthulu

Ladies Love Plush Dracula-Cthulu!

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So,
Haven't heard from anyone via U2U.
Therefore I'll post my experience here as well..

15 years in publishing, of some sort.
nearly 12 for the same company.

Experience with The professional layout programs, Quark, Indesign.

Macs or PC's
I'm pretty much involved from Keyboard to printing press..
Image conversion, process color, font management. PDF workflows, RIPS
OPI's..

output to paper, film, plate.

and, there's more...But...what this all about anyway?

top topics

join