It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really THAT blind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'd like to start of saying that one of the main reasons we can't get conspiracies into the light is that some people are so blind that even showing them the evidence they deny it. I tried to convince my friends that Mary Magdallen wasn't a prostitute ( For those of you non belivers in this theory it is impossible that Magdallen whas a prostitute. Apart from not mentioning it in the bible which should be proof enough the Vatican accepted that Magdallen wasn't a prostitute in the nineteen sixties.) and showed them an article and even the bible itself. They didn't belive me. They said the bible and the article were false and that everyone said that she was a prostitute so she had to be. This just goes to show how far a false public opinion can go. When will we learn to accept new things? Also I am interested in the whole Mary Magdallen and other bible conspirecies, lies etc so if anyone has any interesting links post them. Oh and no flame posts
please

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Look, when it comes to religion, most are blind. They are, because most have been taught practically from birth one perspective. It is like being told your mother is not your mother. It is just simply unacceptable. It is difficult to argue points in this subject because it is so difficult to entertain another idea at all. You can argue with bible quotes, and then someone will just answer that the bible was changed, or the bible is wrong, or your interpretation is not correct.

I on the other hand, was raised with no religion, and it sounds like one big fairy tale to me. I know that does appall some people. But it took me 25 years to accept the fact that there just might be something to that black book, than just a bunch of stories. It would take me some more studying time to argue the point on Magdallen.

I am still not the least bit religious but newly found the bible of some interest. Most, will never learn to accept new things, especially when it comes to the old book.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Unreasanable people are rather few, and only stand out becaue they refuse to listen to facts and create an opinion of thier own. Some might think of this as someone who is strong, driven, steadfast, and prop them up as icons. Yet there is a ceratin point when that type of arrogance only shows how stupid you really are.

YOu might have heard of the joke about the Man in a flood waiting for God to save him

We should have strong faith, not blind faith. ANd question what our Church does. The RCC is so bad at this because they will turn scholarly opioin into Dogma that thier subject have to belive of be kicked out and labeled as unbelivers. A strong church and faith is one that can stand up to scrutiney and strife and let it flow around them.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azure Twilight
When will we learn to accept new things?

It's not a matter of when, it's a matter HOW.

People can't just believe something is true/false because they believe in what THEY believe in NOT other people. Even if the evidence was laid right out on the table..people still woudn't believe. It's just the way people are!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
AH yes the infallability of the gospels. when it suits their purpose the gospels
are the "infallable , unchanged word of god." when it doesnt they have been changed or misread, misintrepreted, or misunderstood. But in any case they
are right and everyone else is wrong.

one of the best quotes I have ever seen is " The Bible did not arrive by fax
from heaven. It was written BY men, FOR men."

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The bible was written for MAN, by MAN.

If god had written it through man, there was communication. - "Channeling."

Channeling is a form of sorcery, sorcery is forbidden. If god DID write the bible, there is a huge contradiction, if he DIDN'T, then it was written for man by man,

Lose - Lose situation.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I worked for a whole 10 minutes on my thread:
What if....?
for it to get moved to below top secret and I think it would be a waste for it to get buried and not to get some good answers from it. Check it out.
Please?

[edit on 18-6-2005 by missinginmaine]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
Look, when it comes to religion, most are blind. They are, because most have been taught practically from birth one perspective. It is like being told your mother is not your mother. It is just simply unacceptable. It is difficult to argue points in this subject because it is so difficult to entertain another idea at all. You can argue with bible quotes, and then someone will just answer that the bible was changed, or the bible is wrong, or your interpretation is not correct.

I on the other hand, was raised with no religion, and it sounds like one big fairy tale to me. I know that does appall some people. But it took me 25 years to accept the fact that there just might be something to that black book, than just a bunch of stories. It would take me some more studying time to argue the point on Magdallen.

I am still not the least bit religious but newly found the bible of some interest. Most, will never learn to accept new things, especially when it comes to the old book.

i agree people are people and when religon comes into play they stick to what they have been taught frome their parents, or friends,ect. its vary hard to seperate these people because of the fact that when someone comes against these beliefs the person feels like they are comeing against their family and friends who taught them this stuff to begin with.

[edit on 18-6-2005 by mathew]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat

YOu might have heard of the joke about the Man in a flood waiting for God to save him

HAHAHA
I dunno I just found that really funny. Anyways, I think the saying goes: Do everything in moderation. Too much is bad just like too little.

new topics

top topics

join