It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BaitCar.com Watch Car Thieves Get Religion Fast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This web site showcases a police program in British Columbia that helps nab car thieves. After having my car broken into twice in the last 3 years, all I can do is watch these videos and smile as the criminals joy ride turns into a night of horror for them. I saw a news report on this two days ago that said every single person arrested has a previous record, and they are usually crystal meth users looking for some easy money.

My favorite video is called "The Prayer".

www.baitcar.com...

In this case, the prayers of the suspects went unanswered after they saw a police car following them. Despite fervent and sincere prayer, the engine on the bait car was disabled by police and the suspects were arrested.

[edit on 17-6-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I was thinking that these type of cars would lock the criminal inside (windows/doors locked). What's the point of just letting the person drive around and still commit crimes?

Man, it was like being in the vehicle with him. What a pyscho.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They all have a GPS locater and many of them have remote kills so they can stop the thief. I think they just leave the cars and then notify the nearest unit when they are started. It takes a bit longer to catch them, but the bait cars are more convincing since there's no one hanging around them. It would probably be too expensive to make special glass. In fact in one of the videos, the thieves are convinced it's not a bait car since the car has glass widows.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Personally think that the penalty for Car Theft should be death at the hands of the Car Owner if the owner so chooses.

Who gives a crap if thats excessive...its my damn car. If its the Law then scumbags and their touchy-feely bleeding heart Law Activist mates shouldn't be able to b*tch and moan their scuzzball a** out of the consequences of their actions...namely death.

top topics

join