It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling in a lucid dream

page: 1

join
share:
xn

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
When I realize that I'm in a dream and become lucid, for some reason the first thing I do is call God. What I mean by this is after knowing that it's a dream, I put one hand in the air and say something like "I call upon the power of God". I've done this just about every time I get lucid. Once I felt a powerful energy going through me. Does anyone know what this is and why I call? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Sounds like your subconscious desires IMHO. From what I understand, as you become more lucid (with practice) you start to control the situation and begin to reference your waking life. For example, in the lucid dream you can say to yourself "that book I read told me to try this" and try a new technique. Basically what I'm saying is that you get more control and awareness, which leads to the ability to do anything you want. Things you can imagine and things you can't. Personally, I'm not sure I want to control the situation through my consciousness, it would be a bit limited. The closest I've come to that awareness was a dream where I was talking to an old friend and said "sorry, I've got to wake up now" and woke up just before my alarm went off.

Maybe you're not far off the stage where you can learn to control the situation a bit more. What you're describing is what I was going through before I started to manipulate things. I can only do basic stuff, but its really interesting.

xn

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I could force a dream to end when lucid.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Try putting both hands in the air, instead of just one.
This doubles your recieving antenna.

new topics

top topics

join