It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy to discredit monotheism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Is there a conspiracy to discredit monotheism? If there is who would gain from such a conspiracy. Is there a secret society pushing a New World Order and a one world religion? During my lifetime, I have experienced the subtle and not so subtle attack on Christianity. I have watched Anti-Semitism rear its ugly head. And now I am watching the attack on Islam.

I was born in the early 50s, during America’s age of innocence. As a child, I was taught that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, dictated by God and scribed by man. All of the old stories were to be interpreted as factual from creation to Revelation. I was taught a strict sense of morality. In school, I was taught that our country was founded on Christian principles. I was taught evolution and creationism. But the teacher hinted that while we have evidence that shows evolution might be true, sadly there is no evidence to prove the Biblical creation story.

In my teen years, the world around me began to change. My church life was forced on me by my parents. I vowed to leave as soon as I finished high school. I was disenchanted by the hypocrisy of these “Christians”. I was tired of people telling me how to live my life. I especially did not want to be controlled by some god I couldn’t see. I found the Bible and church teachings to be too stifling to my young psyche. I felt repressed. However, in school, my teachers told of courageous, open-minded visionaries who dared to challenge the status quo. God was dead and the Beatles were more popular than Jesus Christ. I read newspapers and magazines and learned how the Christian white man was a victimizer of women and minority races. I went to movies and learned that morality is open to personal interpretation. “If it feels good, do it.” was the battle cry of the day. I watched television in revulsion as so called faith healers pranced across the stage and asked for money. I changed the channel and learned that Christianity was only a repackaging of paganism.

In my young adulthood, I began to read books on alternative religions. Many of these books quoted the Bible and I kept mine close by for cross referencing. I began to understand how the Bible had been warped form its original meaning to what we have today. I saw how men had manipulated the scriptures to control whole civilizations. I began trying on religions to find my perfect fit. When none did, I became agnostic. By now I had nothing but disdain for Christians. The TV evangelists were being exposed as frauds. Churches began teaching new doctrines. They said the Bible was not a historical account but a collection of stories with a moral, there are no prophecies, and God is a vending machine. I stopped reading my Bible because there were just too many contradictions. But due to my upbringing, I still called on God in times of trouble. After years of being disappointed with the results I finally gave up.

In my 40’s I was introduced to a God of my understanding during an AA meeting. But after about five years, I began to see AA as just another religion and lost interest. My family continued to preach to me, but it fell on deaf ears. My mind was made up. I could see no logic in their religious life style. I just could not see the point in giving up my lifestyle to follow their God.

Then one day I had a spiritual epiphany. This Christianity that I had held in contempt for so long suddenly became alive to me. I changed. Once more I felt deceived. School had taught me that science and intellect were all that I needed. The media had taught me that truth and morality like beauty were in the eye of the beholder. But once face to face with God, I began to see clearly.

I have lived a life of watching history unfold before my eyes. I believe that there is a conspiracy to destroy Christianity. I once was a part of that conspiracy. Or perhaps I was only a follower.

To unite the world in one religion, the religious streams must converge. There are three devout monotheistic religions at the present that resist this convergence. Jews, Christians and Muslims, who base their faith on the Torah, Bible or the Koran, can accept no other God but the One from their Holy book. There can be no New World Order if the people are not united. The weapon wielded against monotheism is racism and prejudice. Anti-Semitism has been discrediting the Jews for centuries. Science and intellect are discrediting Christianity. And to discredit the Muslims, we have the War on Terrorism. A world religion and a world government could unite all people, but only if you take out the big three.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I muslim believe in the same god as you do or the jews but we believe in a differenct message God has send. I just believe the bible has been changed so much that it isnt the bible anymore but a book made by man.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It isn't just directed towards monotheism.
Think about it...what would someone who doesn't really know anything about Buddhism think of it? Probably some backwards monks in orange robes sitting up on mountains.
Or Muslims. Probably some bearded fellow with an AK, hiding his wife in a tent.

There is a general trend towards considering "religious" types as somewhat of an oddity

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
im jewish, and i think its the same God and same message, but three interpretations. actually if you count different sects within the religions then its the same God and same message but thousands of interpretations.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Judaism combined the worship of the gods El and Yahweh from the different areas of the region.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Science and intellect are discrediting Christianity.

I would say rather that Christianity and just about every other religion discredits itself, by continuing to put forth the same tired, fear based dogma in the face of newer, provable scientific knowledge. They discredit themselves by using their beliefs to divide and to justify hate, violence, and just about every other sick thing that humans have learned to do to each other.

There is no conspiracy to discredit monotheism. The current brands of religion do that just fine with no help. Also, conspiracy implies secrecy. Most who feel like I do are right out in the open with it.

top topics

join