It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPU fan advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I am looking for some advice or suggestions on GPu cooling of my Radion 9800 pro. It is OC'd, to 425 Mhz so I need a cooling solution that is efficient and cold. No Liquid cooling units. Im not putting drip trays every where in my box.

Any suggestions for an old geek gamer?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
DreamlandMafia? Anybody? Helloooooo?

Nobody has any experience with GPU coolers?

I hate to take advice from the website I am purchasing from. Half the reviews feel planted. I was hoping to get some input from my fellow board geeks

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer
Price: $22 USD

Specifications
Dimensions 185 x 84 x 34 mm
Compatibility ATI 9500, 9700, 9800, nVidia Geforce 3 GTS
Fan Speeds 1200 / 2400 RPM
Material Aluminum

According to arctic-cooling the VGA silencer is incompatible with the 9600, 9800XT and Geforce 4 and FX cards. They are working on future revisions to support the 9600 and 9800XT.

[edit on 17/6/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the reccomendation Sauron. I use Artic Silver thermal paste on my CPU's but I havent had any experience with their cooling solutions. Do you own one? If so, how is the performance? Power usage?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Thanks for the reccomendation Sauron. I use Artic Silver thermal paste on my CPU's but I havent had any experience with their cooling solutions. Do you own one? If so, how is the performance? Power usage?

No my son has one and has no problems,

I have a Geforce 4 no where near as good as your Radion

OR The goal of this mod is to fit a watercooling solution based on a large 120 mm silent fan; this fan also being the only fan in the system. Hopefully it would allow for a quiet and powerfull system in a small format. Read on to find out the results.

I know you don't want water cooled but this is a cool
set up

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

I know you don't want water cooled but this is a cool
set up

Part of the reason I dont want a WCS is the time it takes to get it right. The noise really isnt a factor for me. I have a 6.1 surround creative lab speaker system w/ sub that pretty much drowns out anything else when Im gaming

We(Lysergic, ProphetMike, and anyone else who wants to for that matter) are having a gaming get together Saturdaynite with HL2 DM. I need a fix that wont take three days to complete to perfection.

I do like the specs for the VGA cooler. Seems like a viable option.

new topics

top topics

join