It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hoaxers , fakers etc o_O

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Hello
I just wanted to start a thread to find out your personal opinion about the peoples we refer as hoaxers , fakers and others ......

My personal opinion :

I cannot say I hate the peoples that makes fake ufo clips , fake pictures of an alien and so on because hate is a very strong word .

But I can say that I do not like it and those who do so are peoples with to much time on their hand , slowing down the science because we have to investigate so much crap , and sometimes they want to make something that are not real .

I personally do believe in "aliens" ( or somekind of other space intelligence life) , "ufo`s" , "mythical creatures" and others but I totally disagree with the fakers on some levels.

[edit on 17-6-2005 by gamerman]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I for one love to look at all the footage/pictures/etc that show up, but I would also love to have any frauds come up and say a few weeks after that this and that is fake, maybe with some proof.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I can say with all honesty that I have hoaxed a couple of UFO pics, ut it was just to scare my gullible friend, I would never release it to the public or anything because I know how annoyuing it is to have people making crap up all the time.

So, yes I hate (serious) hoaxers

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I also have hoaxed a couple UFO pictures just for fun. I havn't shown them on th internet though.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
I can say with all honesty that I have hoaxed a couple of UFO pics, ut it was just to scare my gullible friend, I would never release it to the public or anything because I know how annoyuing it is to have people making crap up all the time.

In general like that Johnson about Big foot f.eks ?

If it is a hoax s

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamerman

Originally posted by Zanzibar

In general like that Johnson about Big foot f.eks ?

If it is a hoax s

What are you saying? I cant make anything out!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
yeah..i agree...fun with a few pals n photoshop is cool but its a real pain that some people do make a good job of 'hoaxing' and then people have to waist time to 'de-bunk it'...its even worse when you get people saying "i know its really true"...when they havent got the foggiest clue wether it is or not.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I for ome have no problem with "Hoaxers", most of the stuff put out is easily spotted as a fake and even if it is good work usually someone with strong computer knowledge can spot the altered pics. To make something totally believable that is not digitally enhanced is amazingly difficult, and put's a hoaxer almost into the class of an Indie film maker, congrats to them if they can pull it off, and usually when it takes off they can't contain themselves and spill the beans.

Now the people I really don't like are those that defraud others with fake products. To charge money to see "evidence" that hasn't even been scientificly analyzed is fraud. To purposely lie for money means you are scum and should be forced to pay back every red cent.

A silly hoax on friends, coworkers or family is fun, a faked piece of "evidence" for money is fraud. Two totally different things.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by looking4truth
To charge money to see "evidence" that hasn't even been scientificly analyzed is fraud. To purposely lie for money means you are scum and should be forced to pay back every red cent.

I totally agree with you, that Prophet guy better spill some beans otherwise theres gonna be an uproar, people paid good money for his ramblings.

top topics

join