It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big foot on national Geographic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Did any one see the documentary on the bigfoot in Bhutan on national geographic?

it was a fantastic show where (in lay mans terms) some scientists and camera guys went trecking through the Himalayas and mountain villages of Bhutan in search of the beast.

They layed camera traps and attempted to at the least retrieve a hair sample from the fabled creature.

Unfortunatley no visual sightings arose, however with the help of a tracker whos skills were exceptionally impresssive, they did find footrpints and then were taken by a man (who told them he had been the bhutanese royal familys official yeti watcher for 30 years!!!) to a lair high on a mountain side, here they manged to retrieve a hair with a folical attached......this was sent of for DNA analasys.

i honestley believed and so did the crew that it was going to come back as that of a bear........it didnt...the DNA experts could find no match to any species they had ever seen....and furthermore it wasnt even close to that of a bear.

if you can catch this show i think it would be worth you all watching.

Regards.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It was called Yeti: Hunt for the Wildman right?

Cos if it was, it was a great show and I especially liked the mummified ''thing''

I saw it once before and was waiting for it to be on again so it was cooooooool.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Is it coming on soon or did it just come on?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

bhutanese royal familys official yeti watcher

Now THATS a job you could be proud of!

Amazing... I would love to be one!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Optimus fett, Did the DNA experts say anything about it being a primate? Or had any DNA at all that might be close. Just curious. Thanks.

[edit on 18-6-2005 by earthmagick12]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there is a torrent out there of this, or any file type? I am sure someone recorded it, i can't see it on my TV schedule.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

TextOptimus fett, Did the DNA experts say anything about it being a primate? Or had any DNA at all that might be close. Just curious. Thanks.

hi earthmagick......well as i remember it the DNA guy said it didnt match any species that they new of....and it certainly had no pattern equal to a bear or a human....i think it was completley unique.

Regards.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

TextOptimus fett, Did the DNA experts say anything about it being a primate? Or had any DNA at all that might be close. Just curious. Thanks.

hi earthmagick......well as i remember it the DNA guy said it didnt match any species that they new of....and it certainly had no pattern equal to a bear or a human....i think it was completley unique.

Regards.

Well, certainly not all animals have been DNA sequenced. But then again, if you have a profile of an animal, related animals should have a DNA sequence which is pretty similar.

The most interesting thing is, how much does this sequence of the strange animal resemble known animals? Could shed some great clues on what (if) the bigfoot developed from.

top topics

join