It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Launches Major Combat Operation in Northwestern Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Published: Jun 17, 2005
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - The U.S. military launched a major combat operation with 1,000 Marines and Iraqi soldiers in northwestern Iraq on Friday, officials said.
Operation Spear started in the pre-dawn hours in restive Anbar province. The soldiers will hunt for insurgents and foreign fighters. The province, which straddles the Syrian border, is where the military said it killed about 40 militants in airstrikes on June 11.
Link:
ap.tbo.com...

It all seems to hanging around Syria. the Syrian government needs to shut down those insergence. the will never do that though, they have to much of a stake in trying to control there own terrorist parties. the leaders of that country would end up dead somewhere

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Well, I don't know about that "major" word... After all the nubers are quite low if we compare to the WW2...

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well, I don't know about that "major" word... After all the nubers are quite low if we compare to the WW2...

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Another one.... this is getting tireing... when are our boys and girls coming home...

top topics

join