It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part ~2 of the Exorcism in Russia~

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Here is part 2 of the exorcism in Russia....

What you’ll see (or if you are unable to view the video):

paranormal.about.com...

QUOTE///Although some scenes of the exorcisms may be disturbing to some viewers, they are not as intense or incredible as other exorcisms that have taken place in the churches...
actually bent in two, head to toe – backwards!

Here's what you'll see in this video presentation:

* After an introduction by Alexey Pushkov, correspondent Julia Grabovskayatakes takes us to a church where a group exorcism – or deliverance, as it is called – is taking place.

* A young woman struggles violently and howls as the priest holds a crucifix on her head.

* Then an older parishioner tells us of the “inhuman” sounds she’s heard coming from the possessed, and how some of them even run screaming from the church.

* The reporter tells us that videotaping of the deliverances is usually not allowed, but the priest sanctioned it in hopes of convincing viewers of its reality. Besides the animalistic growls and screams, the reporter has been told of even more fantastic manifestations – including levitation.

* The elderly exorcist speaks of his struggle with what he considers the demonic and his dedication to the deliverance rituals, despite criticism, for the sake of his parishioners’ souls.

* Another parishioner tells how he was cured by the exorcism. He was not able to walk, he says, but after he began to attend services, he regained use of his legs.

* An older parishioner, restrained by two others, curses at and threatens the priest, resisting his blessing.

* The reporter tells how this woman was dying of cancer that an operation did not help. She then says that she does not feel anything during the exorcism, but that the crucifix burns the demon inside her.

* A younger exorcist warns that these demonic entities are intelligent beings that should not be underestimated. They know people’s personal secrets.

* In the interest of journalistic balance, the reporter next quotes a psychiatrist, who believes the exorcisms may be doing more harm than good.

* Another “possessed” person fights and curses. ("Panteleimon," which the woman refers to, is the name for an Orthodox priest.)

* The younger exorcist counters the psychiatrist, saying that they can usually tell the difference between someone who is mentally ill and someone who is “oppressed by an evil spirit.” Those in need of a psychiatrist are referred to doctors.

* On the other hand, the exorcist says, he has seen patients in mental clinics that really need exorcisms. He claims to have cured one such patient of schizophrenia.

Are these people truly possessed by evil spirits? Does the video provide evidence? Or are they afflicted with more common mental or emotional disorders, or even just reacting to the expectations of the exorcist and the rite? Although the exorcists are convinced of its reality, you’ll have to judge that for yourself.

Thank you to Eugene Safronov for providing the video as well as the English translation of the soundtrack. Eugene can be contacted at: safronow@yahoo.com or mailto:uloma@yandex.ru

IX
helen

[edit on 6/17/2005 by helen670]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I'd like to think that demos and the likes don't exist like that, but this video gives me second thoughts.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
.....I have seen a few videos with exorcisms performed and it's scary.
People think that real life possesions do not happen today.........there are many fake exorcisms performed by so called ''Exorcists'' who actually believe that they are getting rid of the demons.......but as Jesus Christ said.......
quote///

when His disciples found themselves unable to cast out demons from an unfortunate boy who was possessed. He told them clearly,"This kind (of demon) goeth not out save by prayer and fasting" (St. Matt. 17:21). Interpreting this passage in the gospel narrative, our great patristic theologian-ascetic,
the hierarch Theophan the Recluse asks, "May we think that where there is no prayer and fasting, there is a demon already?" And he replies,
"We may.
Demons, when entering into a person do not always betray their entry, but hide themselves,
secretly teaching their hosts every evil and to turn aside every good.
That person may be convinced that he is doing everything himself, while he is only carrying out the will of his enemy.
Only take up prayer and fasting and the enemy will immediately leave and will wait elsewhere for an opportunity to return; and he really will return if prayer and fasting are soon abandoned"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After examining the doctrine of Satan in the Orthodox Church,
it is imperative to proceed to the method of repelling and exorcising the evil powers. In the New Testament, Christ sent out His apostles to heal and to "cast out devils" (Matt. 10:8, Luke 10:17-20). Christ Himself often expels demons from the possessed (Mark 1:23-27; Luke 4:33-35, 9:43; Matt. 10:1; Mark 16:17; Matt. 7:22).
The New Testament, however, rejected popular uses of magic incantations and rites to expel the satanic powers from people, because they took advantage of superstitious religiosity (Acts 19:13)
www.goarch.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Exorcism
Rev. George Mastrantonis
(c) 1990-1996 Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

Content: Curiosity About Exorcism. Creation of Angels. Fallen Angels Become Demons; Exorcism; Corruption Through Fall of Adam; The Service of Exorcism; Other Prayers Exorcism and Overcoming Evil with Good. In the addendum 2 prayers of exorcism.

www.fatheralexander.org...

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It reminds me of the games that kids play when they're little. One pretending to be the monster while others fight it. Kids really get into their roles.

Sorry, but all I see is a bunch of people bored with their lives, trying to entertain themselves with drama. I know a lady who goes to the hospital and fakes being sick all the time, just for the attention. That's what I think of when I see this video.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This video isnt much to support that demons exist in people and they need to be exorcised, or something. Heh. I think a video of someone doing something inhumane would be better. How bout people floating on water and levitating like the preist said? Cus right now, dam anyone can just act like that. I can cuss and go crazy too. Hah. I dont know, but to me that video is pretty crappy.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yup, this gets a certified OWALOS (Oh what a load of !@#$)

Almost as bad as Urban legend:ghosts, only this was in a church, which makes me think even less of it.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
playing the advocate here.

What if what the exorcism is doing is exorcising that persons soul so they can be the sheep once more? something souless does not have the desire to question why a religion would kill in the name of a god. Yeah it was people that placd the decree for slaughtering other people but where was the merciful god when it went horribly wrong? In the old testament from what I've remembered He acted like a bully and a child. Telling people to kill their own childen, even if proof of faith is a little disturbing.

Just an opinion

-Aza

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Personally, this is scary stuff. What is even scarier are people jumping the gun and instantly calling this a "load of crap" simply because it is unbelievable.

Nobody is saying this is authentic. It may not even be demonic possession. The fact of the matter is, it's a phenomenoa and it's a mystery and mysteries must be studied in order to arrive to a conclusion.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
THEY"RE ACTING!

Nothing in this video implies anything besides some determined folks trying to make superticious people like you to believe this nonsense.

Im sorry but Im dismissing it. Come back when you got something really groundbreaking.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think they are faking it, i want to see their heads twist around and some other freaky **** before i believe them. I am sure some people do get posessed but i am sure you will be able to tell right away.

ed to remove profanity

[edit on 25-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Ninja....I think it's time that you put that ''Exorcist'' tape away!

Of-course this is real...

You know the real problem is that the movies today are so TWISTED that reality v's Fiction cannot be determined .....
And if something is a LIE then that is what people will believe...but when the truth is laid out in front of us....we laugh it off as some kind of Lie .....

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Ninja....I think it's time that you put that ''Exorcist'' tape away!

Of-course this is real...

You know the real problem is that the movies today are so TWISTED that reality v's Fiction cannot be determined .....
And if something is a LIE then that is what people will believe...but when the truth is laid out in front of us....we laugh it off as some kind of Lie .....

That's the response I was expecting...

I want to see someone offer undeniable proof of an excorcism or possession. To blame the movies for "twisting reality" so we don't know real from fake is the same as that old saying, "The greatest thing the devil ever did was get you to believe he doesn't exist." It's just a clever play on words used to scare the crap out of people. That's it. Maybe people like the makers of this video are the actual ones twisitng reality.

This video offers nothing that can't automatically be explained away by any critic. I'm not even saying that people can't be possessed. But this video just looks like drama inspired by boredom and an obsessive need for attention.

[edit on 18-6-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Amazing...

This is not "proof." This is evidence. This does not prove anything, but it provides information to the argument.

If you are going to say these people are acting in dire need of attention, then it is equally as simple to say you all are saying they are acting because you are in dire need of attention. In other words, it's absurd.

If answers are going to be obtained, people need to stop going from A to C without stopping at B first.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Im going to say something.....

When TRUTH is presented in front of us.......we question it!

BUT when a magician does something........we stand with awe and simply wonder how he could possibly do this ....we are deceived into false miracles.

The miracles of the Antichrist will be GREATER because that is what people want...we want to be thrilled with all sorts of spectacular visions and so this will the Antichrist and his followers do.

When Christ did miracles He didn't do it simply for the attention, because He knew that similar 'miracles' will also be performed by the antichrist and his followers.......Jesus Christ refused to do miracles for the interest in satisfying peoples curiosity...

An exorcism is performed by a priest and prayers are read .........prayers and fasting are needed for an exorcism to be worthy........not just anyone can perform an exorcism......like so many called ''exorcists'' claim that they perform an actual exorcism........from spiritualists to modern day prophets .

The Lord Jesus Christ said...''the servants of the Antichrist shall show great signs and wonders;inasmuch that, if it were possible they shall deceive the very elect(Matt.24:24)
St John the Theologian says that one of these servants of Antichrist, his forerunner,shall do especially great wonders (Rev .13:13-15)
And the Apostle Paul says hat the coming of the Antichrist shall be with all power and signs and lying wonders (11Thess.2:9)

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
heard of it my mom wanted to take me there after i bough a satanic bible on amazon and after i drew some stuff with blood on my wall i was just writing the 9 satanic statments and the 11 satanic rules of the earth

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hmmmm.....

Could be real, could be false.

I hope to read more. Thanks helen.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This is not FAKE!

The priest performs an Exorcism asking for no MONEY!

This is in Church and many churches in Russia are poor!

Russiankid......how old are you?
If it's too personal then you dont have to answer.

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Russiankid......how old are you?
helen

im 14 and i bought the bible with my moms visa
i wrote the 9 satanic statments with blood cuz i was bored and had nothing better to do
i ogt the bible cuz its like a religon but people keep denying it and i was just wondering why
i dont practice anything but i just sometimes read stuff from that bible
my mom believes in magic she believes in satan as well so she thought that something had control over me of course all she thinks about is 17 layers ov bs

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have to ask...
Russiankid......what exactly is "she thinks about is 17 layers ov bs"

Is it 17 layers ov...oversized bs......blankets?
Is it that cold in Russia?

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
17 layers ov bs.... that i worship the devil-bs i dont
that like to cut myself and drink my blood-bs i dont
that i hate her-bs i dont she just makes me mad sometimes
that im on drugs-bs drugs are for losers
there arent really 17 layers but u get the idea

top topics

<<   2 >>