It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India just bought half of the worlds passenger planes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Let me tell you this is a joke.Mumbai is the only city in India which gets 24\7 power supply and has the asia's largest slum and with a pop of over 19 million half of them live in the slums.Even in new delhi the power supply is cut for 5 hrs everday and just forget about other towns,it is even worse,no water.

Rather then putting money in eduction,amenities,medicine improving the reailways they are doing this
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Have they lost their mind.

[edit on 17-6-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
That's stupid... ok, I love planes... But as you said there are smarter things to put those moneys in... As education for inctance... Crazy, no wonder they aren't so advanced... But then again you understand them... They want to have more poples to their country and after that more money...

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Note private sector purchases... not India... same argument can be made to why the US lets some of its people live in poverty while its corporations buy lots of assets... in fact it oculd be said about any country really... i think the businesses shoudl invest in the community... but theres no money to be made it sommunity programs...

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It may end up benefitting India if they can build a lucrative tourism industry.
Is anyone building resorts to go along with those planes?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It is the *private* industry that is buying these planes, only Air India and Indian Airlines are publically owned. It should'nt suprise you because as India is getting better economically (moving people out of poverty at a good rate but there is still a long way to go)
more number of middle class people can now afford plane tickets (mainly for domestic travel).

And if even a percentage of a billion people want to travel by air, because they now have money you can easily see the need for these #s of aircrafts.

As for the concentrating on social welfare, India is a capitalistic country. Which means people can choose where to invest thier money in. Same like the US/the West.

[edit on 17-6-2005 by siddarthpanditv]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
another one of you nutcases with the "feed your people" syndrome??!!

gosh.. just how many of you are there??

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Actually this is the first phase of Mr. Big's "india 'trail" project. The focus of this project will be to blanket the country with non-stop chemtrails. Like a pakastani run 7/11 - "we never close."

BTW, The Times of India? Aren’t these guys the Weekly World News of the Sari Set?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There's a billion people in india, they obviously can use peices of infrastructure like planes. THe country is Huge, traffic is absurd, a large airsystem would be good for the country.

India has lots of resorts and a large tourism business, the south especially.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What's there to see in India? People bathing and doing their laundry in brown water pools or whatever those things are? Seriously they do need a lot of planes but they have to also take care of other things too.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
What's there to see in India? People bathing and doing their laundry in brown water pools or whatever those things are?

what the heck? Thats like looking at New Jersey and saying 'america sucks'.

Seriously they do need a lot of planes but they have to also take care of other things too.

So does the US. So does everyone. The private citizen is under no obligation to make sure that everyone else in the country is all good before they can turn a profit.

[edit on 17-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What’s wrong with NJ I live across the river from NJ and all the hyped up BS about how it sucks is wrong, sure some of its beaches are crap but other than that its ok.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

What’s wrong with NJ I live across the river from NJ and all the hyped up BS about how it sucks is wrong, sure some of its beaches are crap but other than that its ok.

Ok Westy, NJ might not be that bad, but look at the millions of trailor park's you have.

Generalising against India by saying they all wash their clothes in muddy pools and have nothing worth seeing is pretty racist, but not surprising coming from you, really, with your Ameri-centrist views.

I ask, have you ever left the US? Do you know anything about any other country? How can you pass a comment like that without even having a look for yourself?

Get off your high horse and think about what your saying.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Any antidote to the "feed your people" syndrome...??!!

and whats all this sari rubbish?

[edit on 17-6-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

What's there to see in India? People bathing and doing their laundry in brown water pools or whatever those things are?

Are you kidding me?
(you might be)

How about the Taj Mahal?
(I don't mean the one in Vegas)

Or Khajuraho?

There are many places in India I would like to see but I doubt I'll ever get the chance.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I ask, have you ever left the US? Do you know anything about any other country? How can you pass a comment like that without even having a look for yourself?

Yes I have been to Canada, Mexico, England, Italy, Austria and for a very short time in Japan. They all seemed pretty good to me I especially enjoyed Mexico, you be surprised how much some US $$$ and a few Spanish words will get you.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

What's there to see in India? People bathing and doing their laundry in brown water pools or whatever those things are? Seriously they do need a lot of planes but they have to also take care of other things too.

wow you are to much now indian racist. i might hate indians like stealth spy but when you call a country crap thats just not on.

india doesn't have that much room to build roads and their railroad system is already very good. they would need the plane to transport all those new found middle class that wouldn't like to spend hours in a crammed train and most inidans dont make enough to fork out heaps for a taxi fare.

new delhi is not a very developed city with american style indoor plumbing and have to wash their clothes in a river. whats so funny about that.?

India is a developing country theres no doubt about that. i dont particuly like india but i wont go around saying that theres nothing to see

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Any antidote to the "feed your people" syndrome...??!!

and whats all this sari rubbish?

[edit on 17-6-2005 by Daedalus3]

india does have enough to feed its people its just that the people that need it doesn't have the money to buy the grain.all 217million

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Yes I have been to Canada, Mexico, England, Italy, Austria and for a very short time in Japan. They all seemed pretty good to me I especially enjoyed Mexico, you be surprised how much some US $$$ and a few Spanish words will get you.

I don't think I could eat another burrito in my life after going to mexico

And what? half of the world's passenger planes? They could do better things with that money (no relation to "feed your people syndrome"), but just what are they gonna do with all that? Gosh, just put it somewhere for show?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What’s wrong with NJ

Funny, there is a page with that name. For my part its too technicaly. New Jersey blows because

1. It stinks
  2. Its made out a more garbage than those recylced Paper flyers that hippies give out
  3. It stinks
  4. The people there don't realize it
  5. You can't make left turns
  6. "Waa Waa"s are stupid
  7. Toxic Waste
  8. It stinks

Oh, on a related topic to why new jersey blows, there is Why New Jersey Sucks. Also, as the "New Jersey Pride" webpage notes, "nothing good has ever come out of New Jersey.
"

I live across the river from NJ

My Condolences. Thats far too close.

have been to Canada, Mexico, England, Italy, Austria and for a very short time in Japan

Intersting. I don't see "India" anywhere on that list, so I guess your opinion on their being 'nothing to see' is pretty much meaningless, no?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Actually India has a lot of historic sites that people would like to see, just like Egypt and other such Nations have. There is a lot to see there (wanting to go in 2007 after China myself.)

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join