It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What is the greatest threat to the u.s. homeland?

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Illegal Immigration, and our own people, who instead of knowing and being concerned about the future of this county they know more about cheeseburgers and worry more about what movie to see during the weekend.




posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   


would you say bushfriend is:
a. mostly ignorant
b. a little mind controlled, and a lot ignorant
c. somewhat ignorant, and somewhat mind-controlled
d. a little ignorant, and a lot mind-controlled
e. mostly mind-controlled



I'd say he's older and wiser and has seen enough of life to know the real value.Most of what I hear on this thread sounds the the mindless morons that Sean Hannity interviews for his Man on the street segments I'd say they fit well into ALL 5 categories you used here.
Banjo Guru


Ox

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The biggest threat the USA? Homeland? .. That's an easy one.

George W. Bush. I mean, lets think about this seriously for a minute. He's diguising his own family's personal oil war for the war on "terrorism".. If it's such a war on "Terrorism" how come Bin Laden hasnt been caught? How come Bin Laden isnt even mentioned in the media .. well rarely anymore? Osama Bin Laden claimed responsibility for the WTC and 9/11, And Dubbya swore to track and dispose of these terrorists that were responsible for 9/11, Yet.... there has been no capture of these "terrorists".. Although, Hmm Hussein has been caught, all the money in the world, and all the efforts of military action was put into tracking and finding him and he had nothing to do with the WTC, But everything to do with Iraq's oil sources, If this is not an oil war being fought, then why do the Iraqi's set the oil wells on fire? Why do you think half of the cabinet stepped down after his first term? They were led astray just like the rest of the country and world into believing what Dubbya has told them, Rice on the other hand is just as ignorant and power hungry as the President and Cheney. Who is the greatest threat to the "Homeland"? The President, his followers and his supporters.



posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Biggest threat?

How about WALMART?



posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think Ox is on the right track.

But it's unlikely that the Bush administration has that many supporters outside the criminal cartel. The Bush administration's greatest ally is fear-and-terror bombardment-induced apathy.



posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
``

chaosrain: It is clear we are our own worst enemy
Pogo : We have met the enemy and he is us

.......................

?? the greatest threat to US homeland ??

Both the neocons & GW Bushs' underlying drives;
(aka) Dominionism & Born Again mindsets....as in
their agendas are going to 'set-the-world-right'

then again,
(this is only a belief based meme)....
The USA, indeed the planet itself, is in for a catastrophic
cosmic event, of being struck by a gamma-ray burst
(aka; Superwave) originating from the Galactic Center
which will produce scenarios like the biblical-end-times
plagues & pestilances & vials & bowl judgements.
= yo, the 2012 bit-U-in-the-butt...and you thought it was,
'Safe To Go Back In The Water' =



posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Unrestricted Capitalism is the greatest threat to the USA. With it the corporations can enslave a whole populace without ever having to do any work. They who control the resources and means of economy without restriction are those that are in power.
Democratic Capitalism is the way to go. It is very funny to see that people oppose immigrate workers while supporting unrestricted Capitalism and the Republican party that supports it.

[edit on 22-6-2005 by Mad Man Lotar]



posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Man Lotar
Unrestricted Capitalism is the greatest threat to the USA. With it the corporations can enslave a whole populace without ever having to do any work. They who control the resources and means of economy without restriction are those that are in power.
Democratic Capitalism is the way to go. It is very funny to see that people oppose immigrate workers while supporting unrestricted Capitalism and the Republican party that supports it.

[edit on 22-6-2005 by Mad Man Lotar]


Can you say Enron. right on Mad.



posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushfriend
Who is the greatest threat to the u.s. homeland?
A. Al Queda operitives
B. Irarain terrorist and missles (nuclear)
C. North Korean missles (nuclear or not)
D.Terrorist who infiltrate from mexico
E. Hamas
F. Hezbolah
G. The President (George W. Bush)
H. China's missles
I. Illegal immigrants and gangs (MS 13, Crips, Bloods)
J. Radical religious figures like david koresh, Timothy mcvey, even radical christians
K.Moral or Political corruption
L. Big corporations
M. A combination of any of them


i'd say the biggest threat is none of the above.

"Who is the greatest threat to the u.s. homeland?"

we the people are the biggest threat to our country.

more to the point:
our fear and hatred.

everything else are supplimenting factors feeding a mentallity of "the best defense is a good offense"

the best defense is not a good offense.
the best defense is not having anything to defend.

nearly 7,000 years of documented history devoid of 1 week, just 7 days without war, killing, destruction.

in nearly 7,000 years man has yet to prove peace for a mere 7 days straight.

if you are ruled by fear and hate, that is all you choose to combat it with

fear and hate vs. fear and hate

who wins?
well, to date ....... fear and hate are still ruling the world.

some day truth and love will be believed in.



posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

more to the point:
our fear and hatred.

everything else are supplimenting factors feeding a mentallity of "the best defense is a good offense"

the best defense is not a good offense.
the best defense is not having anything to defend.

nearly 7,000 years of documented history devoid of 1 week, just 7 days without war, killing, destruction.

in nearly 7,000 years man has yet to prove peace for a mere 7 days straight.

if you are ruled by fear and hate, that is all you choose to combat it with

fear and hate vs. fear and hate

who wins?
well, to date ....... fear and hate are still ruling the world.

some day truth and love will be believed in.


Wise words, and so true. FEAR = First Evidense Appearing Real.

All smoke and mirrors or as the Buddha said illusions.



posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
nearly 7,000 years of documented history devoid of 1 week, just 7 days without war, killing, destruction.


What is this week you refer to?

(seeking knowledge of, not questioning your statement)

Misfit



posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
nearly 7,000 years of documented history devoid of 1 week, just 7 days without war, killing, destruction.


What is this week you refer to?

(seeking knowledge of, not questioning your statement)


I'm simply saying that written/recorded history from the first languages of humanity have yet to write/record 7 consecutive days where man has not slain another man, 7 consecutive days where man has not destroyed nature or man's achievments, 7 consecutive days where man has not been at war with man.

I'm saying that throughout all history encompassing all of humanity, this planet's "elite" species has failed to produce 7 consecutive peaceful days not ruled with the mentality knowing fear and hate and those emotions and behavioral actions that stem from the true root of the problem: fear and hate.



posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Regarding illegals.

For the love of all that's good and chocolatey, can we please get some facts straight before making statements?

Illegals are not all Mexican. And not all Mexicans are illegal (though you'd be tempted to think otherwise judging by popular perception).

Shipping illegals back to Mexico would not be solving the problem - the problem might however be solved if we could somehow - shock, horror - pursuade our good old government into parcelling out more money to the Immigration service so they can not only track legal immigrants (there is no effective method in place at the moment - and that should scare you infinitely more than illegal entries), but do more to prevent illegal crossovers too.

Disease? Do you realise that many legal immigrants also come with disease? When you obtain residency, your medical exam requires testing for only 3 major illnesses: url=http://uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm#needed]TB, HIV and Syphilis[/url]....anything else is more or less free to spread, as it were. Worried about your child contracting something at school? Great! Worry about him contracting ignorance. It can be just as harmful.

As far as welfare, etc - whilst it's true that the US-born child of an illegal alien can obtain benefits, the parents generally cannot do so...until that child is 21. There's no automatic "oh, your kid is a citizen? Sure, have a hand-out!" system. That's largely a myth. Despite popular belief, it's not so easy to get government (means-tested) benefits when you're an illegal alien.

And if you must blame someone for "taking our jobs away", then blame those corporations for employing illegal aliens at slave labour rates. Don't blame the aliens themselves.

How many terrorists were undocumented aliens? None.

(fwiw...yes, I'm a legal alien. I did it the hard way, and it cost money, sweat and tears. But having been through the system, I do know how it works, and how it doesn't work)

Edit: the
1918 epidemic was Spanish flu. Not bird flu.


[edit on 23-6-2005 by Tinkleflower]



posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Apart from ignorance & obesity?

A clear threat is that any country that feels like it can now (under your version of international 'law') invade you legally. I'd be watching those Canadians and Mexicans!

Greatest threat is probably from religious neo con loonies. Some people on here have extraordinary prejudices against non-white, non-christian people. If they represent a significant minority then US's appalling race relations will probably be the cause of further angst.



posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Illegal Immigration, .


That's what the Indians said!



posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Illegal Immigration, .


That's what the Indians said!


Being the husband of a 1/2 Cherokee (don't go there, that would spoil this), I have to suffer "off topic points loss" and say .............. LMFAO !!!!!!

Funny, but sadly so true

Misfit



posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
"Who is the greatest threat to the u.s. homeland?"

Religious zealots of ANY stripe who use their religion to justify their hate of others.



posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The greatest Threat we face as a Nation.

That's easy, it's the Left/Right , Democrat/Republican, Conservative/Liberal game that we have going on in this country. There are a lot of people that close their eyes and minds to the facts of the issues, and just default to the party line. When one side takes up an opinion, there's a 99 percent chance that the other side will oppose it. I cannot believe we live in a country where a Democrat and Republican cannot find anything to agree on.

The issue has been compounded by the Rhetoric. You call me a Nazi, and I call you a Commie. What does that gain us? Conflict, pure and simple conflict. Until we decide to start empathizing with the other position and stop vilifying it, we're not going to be able to do anything. You don't have to agree with me, or me with you, but I think we need to find out where the other one is coming from. Don't vilify, divine the intent.

[edit on 6/23/2005 by soulforge]


Ox

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I think Ox is on the right track.

But it's unlikely that the Bush administration has that many supporters outside the criminal cartel. The Bush administration's greatest ally is fear-and-terror bombardment-induced apathy.


I thank you for the kind words Avatar, When I wrote supporters, I meant the people in this country that believed the bull he was so openly sprouting out his mouth during campaign and the fools who voted for the man, It seems to me that people like a false sense of safety, and they believe that if something.. anything is being done about it, then that must be a good thing and progess = a good thing.. right? WRONG What's his approval rate now? 49% and dropping? He'll be lucky if he can step into daylight by the end of the year, sheeesh.. I think Hitler had a higher approval rating.. What this country doesnt understand is that it's a personal war, Oh how unbelievable is that? it's not.. He's no better than any dictator on the face of the planet, sending innocents to fight his war, knowing they will never return to their families, stripping people of their rights, changing laws to how he see's fit. While he's at it.. Why doesnt he just say he's fighting this war for God, That'll fix EVERYTHING.. If this man lasts his full second term, Not only will I be shocked, I'll donate my left arm to science to see the effects it has on beating MORON voters upside the heads 2 or 3 thousand times.. You make the decisions people, Think about that before you go in and let some maniac run the country..

Yeah 2008 vote 1 Charles Manson.. woohoo



posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
The greatest Threat we face as a Nation.

That's easy, it's the Left/Right , Democrat/Republican, Conservative/Liberal game that we have going on in this country. There are a lot of people that close their eyes and minds to the facts of the issues, and just default to the party line. When one side takes up an opinion, there's a 99 percent chance that the other side will oppose it. I cannot believe we live in a country where a Democrat and Republican cannot find anything to agree on.

The issue has been compounded by the Rhetoric. You call me a Nazi, and I call you a Commie. What does that gain us? Conflict, pure and simple conflict. Until we decide to start empathizing with the other position and stop vilifying it, we're not going to be able to do anything. You don't have to agree with me, or me with you, but I think we need to find out where the other one is coming from. Don't vilify, divine the intent.

[edit on 6/23/2005 by soulforge]


amen brother
if the left and right could cooperate the war would go alot smoother.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join