It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the greatest threat to the u.s. homeland?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Penguines.

Those nasty little swimming freaks of nature.

In all seriousness, Chakotay has made the best list.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Illegal Immigration is the biggest threat.

They are bankrupting virtually every tax payer funded programs..hospitals, schools, prisons, etc. Bringing in 3rd world diseases such as leprosy and teberculoises.

Leave no illegal behind act? They seem to have more rights than we do.

It's is a crisis and will be the undoing of America. Bye Bye superpower.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
american culture is very currupt now thanks to the hard left hollywood media dissasembling americas values since the 60's.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Americas greatest threat is that the people dont control the Goverment anymore its the other way round now, perhaps you have got complacent. Time to get back to the days when you had some balls, ie Protests against the war in Vietnam.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Bulldog how about you stop reading ignorant magazines who know nothing of what actually happens here in the U.S. and come over for a visit. You just might be shocked.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
...the people dont control the Goverment anymore...

Although I would agree with this to a point, i would say that ...

A) Have the people ever really controlled the government.
B) This problem is not solely confined to the USA.

Personally, I wouldn't pick any from the list. My vote goes to climate shift.

THE CURRENTS ARE SLOWING. GET YOUR IGLOO BUILDING LESSONS HERE.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushfriend
american culture is very currupt now thanks to the hard left hollywood media dissasembling americas values since the 60's.

you make the assumption that your conservative values are what America is. You also fear change. Your prudent religious conservative views will never ever be shared by the entire nation. Why cant cons ever come to realise this? You are not America, you are part of America.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
One of the greatest threats to the U.S. Homeland is the inaction of those who are discharged with the authority and duty to protect it. We all know that most federal workers do not earn enoungh money and untill we are ready to look into other security measures like private contractors who will actually work for their money, I say contract it out and supplement it with fed. backup. If you want to do a job right, you must do it yourself.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran

Originally posted by Gazrok

What is the greatest threat to the u.s. homeland?

The fact that our voting process is no longer in the hands of the American people.

Technically it was never in the hands of the American people. We are a representative democracy, not a true democracy.

Technically you are correct. I feel however that our once proud "republic" has morphed into a Corporate Oligarchy.

It's corporate greed that is the greatest danger to this land. Economic catastropys Await. The 29 crash will seem like a sunday school picnic.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The greatest threat to the US homeland is..(drum roll please)..the apathy of the American people.

The vast majority of Americans (80%) don't have the faculties to finish college, nevermind contemplate national problems and creatively compose solutions.

We're a nation of idiots.

The rest of the world is no better off. Rampant stupidity and a complete lack of critical thinking is evident everywhere you look. As a species we rely on sexual selection primarily, which means each new generation is more representative of social trends than environmental adapatation or survivability.

We're dumb, and getting dumber.

We're like birds of paradise, not particularly strong or fast or deadly or inteligent, but just look at our plummage.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Apathy...that's a good one...

Technically it was never in the hands of the American people. We are a representative democracy, not a true democracy.

Well, representative republic, but we're used to at least having our voices heard when it comes to the representatives being elected. Lately it seems, that this is no longer the case.

Both prospects are scary...

If Bush was GENUINELY re-elected, then it means that Americans do not seem to care about our international image, starting illegal wars, and completely abandoning our principles in an attempt to alleviate our own fears of terrorism.

If he wasn't (and I think there is ample evidence of this), then it means that we have allowed a private group to basically circumvent the Constitution and rule without being elected, and in a sense, that we have just been taken over, and are indeed no longer a republic.

Both are scary prospects.....

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Frankly the biggest threat is the half brained liberals in America.
Especially the so called 'unbiased ' newsmedia....(give me 30 minutes while I try to controll my raucus laughter here).
Personally in time of war, there should be a blackout of news about the war.
You have idiots that 'embed' reporters with the military, doing live broadcasts .
On the other hand you have the idiots like Heraldo Rivera who stand there and broadcast the troops position to the whole world.
So who is really the greater threat?
What turnip truck do these people fall off of?
Banjo Guru

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'd have to say BushCo, and on the heels of that is illegal immigrants.

Al-Qaeda=Goldstein. Think 1984.

Two Minutes' Hate, anyone?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Republican Sensenbrunner ... and his Fascist View for America.

CLICK HERE www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I'd have to say BushCo, and on the heels of that is illegal immigrants.

Al-Qaeda=Goldstein. Think 1984.

Two Minutes' Hate, anyone?

exactly. this is what i meant by my post. ignorance is strength. war is peace.

this is newspeak. the subtle changing of the common meaning of words through repeated use, and the effect this has on the pyche. 'homeland' is a perfect example. the most laughable one is 'freedom'. yeah, 'they' hate 'our' 'freedom', george and crew. luckily, we will fight for 'freedom' even if we have to lock this country down in a state of martial law and force the young to join the armed forces. nobody said defending 'freedom', would be easy!

presidential addresses are total two minutes of hate. there is the invisible shifting enemy, binladensaddamalCIAda.

ignorance(through mass media disinfo and ineffective education) and newspeak(a very fancy disinfo technique. basically a programming tool for the engineers of the mass mind) are the biggest threats to america.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
dont know about you guys, but im going with michael jackson

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

N. None of the above

I'd go with...

O. Liberalism. If we allow them to continue to hold positions of power, it will be the death of this nation. They refuse to identify, confront and defeat EVIL when and where it exists. Only when us Conservatives have long relegated such evils as Communism, Nazism and Fascism to the ash heaps of society, do Liberals finally muster up the courage to call them "evil."

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
two things....
1. disinfo/ignorance
2. calling america, 'the homeland'.
3. see 1.

damn straight billybob.....sounds an waful lot like the 'fatherland' and we all know what happend there

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

N. None of the above

I'd go with...

O. Liberalism. If we allow them to continue to hold positions of power, it will be the death of this nation. They refuse to identify, confront and defeat EVIL when and where it exists. Only when us Conservatives have long relegated such evils as Communism, Nazism and Fascism to the ash heaps of society, do Liberals finally muster up the courage to call them "evil."

i'd love to see how your definition of facism excludes the present situation in the states. the whole administration is one HUGE CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
how is it not fascist when government contracts and favour are awarded to companies owned by 'elected' officials, AS A RULE?
how is it not fascist when a good 50% of decisions are made with no regard for the public's opinion, and these decisions are undermining the constition and the bill of rights?
how is it not fascist, when the republican company that makes unverifiable voting machines says it will 'deliver' the election to bush?
how is it not fascism when the police forces are used to quell dissent?

yeah, #ing 'liberals'.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

I'd go with...

Well, Im going to change my vote from penguines to people who are so politically divided that they would rather all those who didnt see eye to eye with them be dealt with swiftly and without mercy. It is those close minded individuals who will ultimatly cause the rest of the world to become so pissed off at America that every nation on the planet, the Martians, Venetions, and even the Elohiem will launch the most earthshaking attack on the great country of America in order to split the skulls asunder those who would dare to challenge peace.

Ras, cant you even see who is leading you by the hand?

[edit on 6/18/05 by Kidfinger]

[edit on 6/18/05 by Kidfinger]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join