It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuals vs. Catholic Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I've read in the news about the ongoing debate over gay rights to get married, and I just want to throw in my 2 cents.

Now, I'm not really religious, but I gotta agree with the church on this one. Not so much for reasons of "sin", but because gay rights activists appear to be trying to force the church to accept to their point of view.

Why should the church change it's views on gay marriages and be forced to accept something that they believe to be wrong? Actually, that seems to have happened all over the U.S. They have rallied for rights and freedom to express their beliefs, but yet when they talk about rights, they mean only for themselves. They want the right to be open about their sexuality, but don't seem to want others to have the freedom to speak out against them.

They can have their gay pride parades, but try organizing a "straight pride" parade and see how fast they hit you with a discrimination lawsuit.

I don't hate gays, even though I believe that homosexuality is wrong. And I don't agree that being gay earns you any special priveliges like telling the Catholic church to accept gay weddings or else. Gay rights organizations have been around for only about 30 years or less in this country, but the catholics have been around for centuries. Thats like a man who has owned his own company for 20 years being told how to run it by a guy whos been there 20 minutes.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
lol, exactly. It happens though.

A person who believes someone is wrong is going to try their damndest to convince them otherwise. The church isn't going after gays, the gays are going after the church and governments. I guess it was only a matter of time, especially with the overwhleming amount of gay support these days. No one dare say that being homosexual is a "sin". That's offensive 'yO!

They won't be happy until the Catholic Church bites their tongue and says that being with the same sex isn't sinful...but would a true Catholic believe this anyway? And anyone who practices this religion should know that it isn't the church that will judge you, it's the Man!

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I don't think forcing a law about it is the right course of action to take here. If the entire priesthood of Religious order doesn't want to be involved in a marriage I don't know why anyone would then want to force them to do it anyway. It would seem like you would go find a Religious group in support of it and go with them.

It would be different if all Homosexuals were forced to be Catholic, but they aren't, everyone can choose their religious faith, and it's that way so we can all find the one that is for us. I mean why would anyone want to join a group if they were not welcomed in the first place? If you force them to accept you in the club it doesn't mean they want you there, so screw em...Go find a group that has your same values and if none are found, start your own.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
As long as the church isn't calling them hellbound or immoral, the gay community will probably quit and leave them alone.

top topics

join