It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act used to silence whistleblowers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
www.msnbc.com...

I remember on 9/11 thinking how absurd it was that a handful of terrorists thought they could threaten the United States of America just by blowing up a few buildings. Shock and horrify us? Yes, but America is so much more than just a few office buildings in a great city.

Little did I know...

Osama Bin Laden is winning this war on terror. Not by blowing up a few buildings, but in making us willing to throw away the freedoms that make the United States anything more than just a place on a map.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Mycroft

Yes.

There is more to stopping the Air Marshalls talking to the media than meets the eye, more than just their job descriptions.

I don't necessarily believe, though, that it points to OBL winning the war on terror.

To me the war is more an internal/civil one, between on one side the corrupt Bush administration fully aligned with its ally IGNORANCE, and on the other side, the intelligentsia and rational Constitutionalists and other Americans preserving what is being eroded.

Osama Bin Laden isn't in that war. He is just a bogey man held out by the Bush administration as the reason for all the damage it is doing. He and other bogey men, hand-picked as the need to support the PNAC agenda arises.

But, if it helps to argue the anti-Bush case to say that OBL is winning, then I guess he must be, in some small way, as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
MA, I like your description of OBL being a mere bogeyman. He did his job, his face was put all over the 9-11 attacks, and like his family that was flown out of the US, I'm sure he's in good hands.

I'm sure he'll make another cameo though...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Just like Saddam. I bet he's enjoying exile on some nice beach right now. Which makes me think, just how many dictators have been captured/killed and just how many have been exiled instead...

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I don't necessarily believe, though, that it points to OBL winning the war on terror.

He does see himself as being in conflict with us, and if you define the war as a war of culture, he's winning and Bush is his ally.

Originally posted by MaskedAvatarTo me the war is more an internal/civil one, between on one side the corrupt Bush administration fully aligned with its ally IGNORANCE, and on the other side, the intelligentsia and rational Constitutionalists and other Americans preserving what is being eroded.

Osama Bin Laden isn't in that war. He is just a bogey man held out by the Bush administration as the reason for all the damage it is doing. He and other bogey men, hand-picked as the need to support the PNAC agenda arises.

That is another way of looking at it, I can't disagree.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
as people begin to open thier eyes up to what they can do to our liberties and freedoms, no one will do anything. it's time for reform, i hope soon people will take action. i will fight for freedom, and f*ck the patriot act as well, they can't take my mind, and they won't take my freedom.

new topics

top topics

join