It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

¿ For or Against Abortion ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Which would you rather be?

Going back to the law of abortion. I don't think it was right for Bush to try and pass something like that. There should be no law that states what a women should and shouldn't do when it's their body and their baby!

Lets say you're an 18 year old girl who is 10 months pregnant. Your parents are willing to help you take care of the baby, but don't have any money to do so. You have no choice but to get an abortion..right? Well, this is where I get stumpped. You could have the baby and then set it up for adoption or you could kill the baby because you have no money to take care of it. I have thought very hardly on what I would do if I was in that situation and I think that it would be best for me to just have the baby and set it up for adoption. But it would be very hard to just give up your baby to someone you don't even know and probably wont even be able to meet.

Some of you will say, "Just keep your legs shut and then it wont happen", but that's not always the fact. Another situation:

You're 14 years old and is pregnant with a 10 month old baby. You have to choices, either you have an abortion or have the baby and set it up for adoption. Well, since you're ONLY 14 YEARS OLD your body might not be able to handle being pregnant. So sadly you decide to have an abortion but you don't just want to kill the baby because you can't take care of it. This really stumpt me, big time!

That's why I am for it and against it. It just depends on what the situation is.

What do you guys think?

[edit on 7-9-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I oppose abortion on moral and ethical grounds.

But I support Roe V. Wade.

It boils down to it's between God and that woman.. and the baby.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Exactly. It's not between the law, the woman and the baby.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yet, at the same time I fully support parental notification laws. If someone took my little girl to get an abortion behind my back, there would be hell to pay.

If she came to me and told me the truth, I would be there for her inevery way.

Chix, I know you might not see it that way. I'm just speakin my peace as someone who's been around the block a time or two.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm for repealing Roe v. Wade and allowing state legislatures to decide the issue.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I'm for repealing Roe v. Wade and allowing state legislatures to decide the issue.

Drum up the votes, mate.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I am a bible-thumping, born-again Christian who thinks that abortion is a sin and who would do whatever cajoling and pleading possible to try to convince someone not to have an abortion. If I failed at pleading, I would pray for that person.

But I don't believe that I should force my moral views down someone else's throat. There are both Christian and libertarian arguments for allowing abortions; as much as I am saddened by them, I would not want to live in a country that forbids abortions.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I feel the same way.

It's a terrible thing to even have to ponder.

Today's religious right - I hate to say - is more and more resembling an American Taliban.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Chix, I know you might not see it that way. I'm just speakin my peace as someone who's been around the block a time or two.

I DO understand. I wasn't saying for some for some 14 year old girl to go off and make the decision to have an abortion herself (although I made it seem that way!!)...I just don't think it is right for people to controll what a WOMEN does with HER life and HER baby.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHICKST3R
I DO understand. I wasn't saying for some for some 14 year old girl to go off and make the decision to have an abortion herself (although I made it seem that way!!)...I just don't think it is right for people to controll what a WOMEN does with HER life and HER baby.

If she's a woman. There's a big difference between a woman and a girl.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
I am a bible-thumping, born-again Christian who thinks that abortion is a sin and who would do whatever cajoling and pleading possible to try to convince someone not to have an abortion. If I failed at pleading, I would pray for that person.

But I don't believe that I should force my moral views down someone else's throat. There are both Christian and libertarian arguments for allowing abortions; as much as I am saddened by them, I would not want to live in a country that forbids abortions.

That's really a great way to put it.

Yeah, I firmly believe everyone is pro-life. Some of those (most Americans actually) just happen to also be pro-choice.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Yeah, I firmly believe everyone is pro-life. Some of those (most Americans actually) just happen to also be pro-choice.

What's wrong with leaving judgement up to God?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Huh? Is that rhetorical? I dont' get it. I was agreeing with OTS.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sweet another Abortion thread, please don't bump the ones in BTS is all I ask!

This is not a one liner because, I am infact listening to The Prodigy, and they would tell you, it's up to the woman mate, and then they might perform a song or two with some funky beats.

Oh whats this looks like a door to BTS, I think I'll be going now, cause really I just came over here to look at the bush flag in the poop and saw this thread so yeah.

/throws 2 pennies

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Exactly! You made my point even bigger

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Need I say more? Anyways, all abortion stuff is in there, has been for past few months. Not days, or weeks, but months.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the update James..I guess I haven't visited that topic. Maybe I should go do that right now....

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Huh? Is that rhetorical? I dont' get it. I was agreeing with OTS.

I was agreeing with you. Sorry for the cornfusion.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHICKST3R

Exactly! You made my point even bigger

Well, thank you.

So, CHICKST3R, are you a girl and not yet a woman, as Britney Spears would croon?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think abortion is a topic that is not well discussed anywhere. Either you are ok with it or you are not and the views on both sides are very heated and very personal.

I will say the topic is tough for me due to my Christian background. But I am also a woman. I think if I had to say anything I would prefer to just leave the current system alone and allow people to make the decisions that they feel are right and wrong without others making them for them.

I also have an issue with pro-lifers that feel it is ok to kill doctors to make their point. Sorta takes the whole kick out of "pro-life".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join