It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Earthquake Just Now 6/16/2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
somewhere south of Los Angeles....

Details to follow

MAG 6.0 Riverside County

[edit on 16-6-2005 by robertfenix]

Mod Edit: to remove ALL_CAPS title.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
is nature giving the Los Angelosian people warnings...telling them to move Out!

If were living there, I'll sell everything and move out quick as possible...

[edit on 16-6-2005 by mwen]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here's alink to the USGS:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Some building were shooken up fairly well. I have heard from some people who live out there and said there buildings were shaken, but have seen or heard of no damage yet.
Thats another one though, quite scary for those living out there.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a small one this time. perhaps something big is gonna happen soon.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I was listening Geologist Jim Berkland who was on Coast to Coast the other night. He was suspended from a California Government Geology job when he made a prediction that a major quake would occur during the 1989 World Series in the Oakland Bay Area. It hit! and the government told him to not make any more predictions. He has a theory that major Earth quakes happen after a full moon.

June 22, 2005 is the next full moon. I hope there is not a major Earth quake in California..or anywhere for that matter.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I heard my local Fox station say it was a 5.3

I have a friend who is in Hanford Ca. and she said that she hasn't felt anything of the last 3 since Sunday so I guess it will take a 9 or so for people to start feeling it.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What would happened if the whole west coast were to move out the area due some warning that the officials would make on the Media?

Panic or something similar...

If something is to happen, then warning people would probably be more problematic than the actual catastrophe...!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
What would happened if the whole west coast were to move out the area due some warning that the officials would make on the Media?

Huh? Half of Califiornia has already moved to Colorado. I bet there are more Californians in Colorado than Coloradoens.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by MauiStacey]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom
I heard my local Fox station say it was a 5.3

I have a friend who is in Hanford Ca. and she said that she hasn't felt anything of the last 3 since Sunday so I guess it will take a 9 or so for people to start feeling it.

The Richter Scale is logarithmic, so a 6.0 is 10x what a 5.0 would be. Safe to say, if a 9 hits cali, there wont be much Cali left. Hell, I would prob feel it myself!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I live here - nice shake in Brentwood area (west of quake ~80 miles). Was very short just a few shakes. Now what is worrying is that we've had 3 large quakes on the San Andreas fault now in the last week. The 7er up north and the 2 5ers down south. Interesting....

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My prediction would be that a big is on the way but it probably won't hit for six months to a year.

new topics

top topics

join