It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention all members!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Greetings ATSers. I am the newly elected Council Representative for Politix@ATS and I have a few simple questions to ask ALL of you. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

1. Do you ever visit PTS?

2. What do you like about it?

3. What DON'T you like about it?

Muchass Grassyass!

[edit on 16/6/05 by JAK]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say i've never been there.

To be fair i have a hard enough time keeping up with ATS!

Maybe i'll go take a peek now

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You better believe it, yo!

It's filled with political discussion! Debate, debate, debate! Plus, there's an opportunity to talk non-conspiracy related politics with all my buddies here at ATS.

Thread responses don't have the turnaround they do on ATS due to so few of my fellow ATSers headin' over to P@ATS. We need more posters!

Muchass Grassyass!

So what if I have a grassyass? I like to keep my sod down there, jeeze!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgess
I'm sorry to say i've never been there.

To be fair i have a hard enough time keeping up with ATS!

Maybe i'll go take a peek now

Please do, and come back & let us know what you think.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well, i visit butcan no longer post :shk:

I can do ATS and BTS, my sign in doesnt work there. I would be honored if i could get in, and my frustration increases with each try.

My cookies are fine- i can go back and forth to the other forums.

I have goooood cookies

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hey JJ, thanx for chimin' in. I can always count on you for that!

You better believe it, yo!

Do you think there are threads in the ATS section that actually belong at PTS?

It's filled with political discussion! Debate, debate, debate! Plus, there's an opportunity to talk non-conspiracy related politics with all my buddies here at ATS.

Do you think political conspiracies should belong to PTS?

Thread responses don't have the turnaround they do on ATS due to so few of my fellow ATSers headin' over to P@ATS. We need more posters!

What, in your opinion, would draw more visitors to PTS?

Muchass Grassyass!

So what if I have a grassyass? I like to keep my sod down there, jeeze!

Now yer freakin' me out!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have never been there either.

Prior to PTS being formed, the political threads were all over the main board page. I did look at them to learn things prior to the USA election.

For the most part I did not participate in the conversations......I do not like ARGUEMENTS about WHO is right or WHO did WHAT to WHO..politically speaking.

Once PTS was formed, I drew a sigh of relief and have avoided the area.

Maybe as a counsilor, I will need to go back in there on occasion if the PTS counsilor starts to feel overwhelmed, but untill I am asked to....I will continue to avoid the conflict in there.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, i visit butcan no longer post :shk:

I can do ATS and BTS, my sign in doesnt work there. I would be honored if i could get in, and my frustration increases with each try.

That is a travesty!

Have you contacted any MODERATORS over this? If not, I will help you get to the bottom of this!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Of course, but been to busy lately

Ermm...UK Politics. Politics is my favourite subject

Trolls

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yup, I'm a regular

I like the ability to discuss current political matters and hear other opinions.

The lack of people posting over there, the UK Politics board is the same 6 or 7 people, we need fresh blood!

[edit on 16-6-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I feel pretty much the same as JJ...it's nice but it needs more activity.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Do you think there are threads in the ATS section that actually belong at PTS?
I'm sure there are, but I usually don't really pay attention to that kind of thing. I just either click on myATS or else click between today at ATS, BTS, or P@ATS and wait for a thread that piques my interest to pop up. There're also some threads in PTS which probably belong on ATS, too.

Do you think political conspiracies should belong to PTS?
Not really. ATS seems to be set up as a catch-all conspiracy site. Any topic where three or more people get together and conspire to pull something off goes in there, be it scientific, political, paranormal, extraterrestrial, medical, educational, or whatever. I see PTS as more of a general political forum. When you're not talking conspiracy but rather just how stupid the Democrats really are (sorry, had to
) , it belongs there, but when you're talking about stolen elections, cover-ups, NWO, etc., it's place really is ATS.

What, in your opinion, would draw more visitors to PTS?
Pizza. More people always show up when you have free pizza. Otherwise, I'm not sure. Maybe set up a debate forum on PTS like the one we have on ATS to have structured debates between a couple of members. I know I'd tune in to see Thomas Crowne and Bout Time go at it! I'll keep thinkin', but obviously can't come up with much...

You know what might be interesting, though, is to set up an interview forum on there. See if ATSers could get interviews with political figures and post em on PTS like the interview with that self proclaimed prophet dude went down. That would be pretty cool, and cooler if we could actually get interviews. I could even kick it off with an interview of David Schippers (Chief Investigative Counsel for the Clinton Impeachent), or maybe even Henry Hyde, though I'm not 100% sure I could get that interview. That would be nifty! Wow, I just really impressed myself

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I have never been there either.

EastCoast Winces... damn heart pains!
No flame at you! I cannot believe you havn't been there! But I suspect many, many havn't either. I intend to change that!

And I invite everybody at ATS to visit. It's very worthwile. And participation in the political process is FUNDAMENTAL!!! It is the foundation upon which conspiracy, military, media and war is built upon!

For the most part I did not participate in the conversations......I do not like ARGUEMENTS about WHO is right or WHO did WHAT to WHO..politically speaking.

I want you and everyone else to know this right now: one of the pillars of my mission statement for PTS is I fully intend to clean it up and make PTS a place for CIVIL dialogue. There will always be passionate disagreements, but that does not mean we have to go scorched earth on each other! Under my council leadership, I pledge to bring a whole new level of communication and mutual respect to that forum. Anyone who can't handle that, will have me to deal with...

Once PTS was formed, I drew a sigh of relief and have avoided the area.
Maybe as a counsilor, I will need to go back in there on occasion if the PTS counsilor starts to feel overwhelmed, but untill I am asked to....I will continue to avoid the conflict in there.

Please do check it out. As a member and for council purposes. I have a few items of change that are high atop my list for the very immediate future. I will be presenting my proposals to the council shortly and your knowledge of the area and input on it would be greatly appreciated.

Two things I will be proposing:

Proper location of threads (i.e. WOT and Political Conspiracies - ATS - PTS; Religion & Current Events)

A Revamp of the Point System

Any comments on these two items (by ALL here) are welcome. This is your site, folks, SPEAK UP!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Maybe set up a debate forum on PTS like the one we have on ATS to have structured debates between a couple of members. I know I'd tune in to see Thomas Crowne and Bout Time go at it! I'll keep thinkin', but obviously can't come up with much...

You know what might be interesting, though, is to set up an interview forum on there. See if ATSers could get interviews with political figures and post em on PTS like the interview with that self proclaimed prophet dude went down. That would be pretty cool, and cooler if we could actually get interviews. I could even kick it off with an interview of David Schippers (Chief Investigative Counsel for the Clinton Impeachent), or maybe even Henry Hyde, though I'm not 100% sure I could get that interview. That would be nifty! Wow, I just really impressed myself

Excellent ideas, JJ. The council members and assistants are mulling these and other ideas over as we speak. I WILL improve the quality of PTS and bring MORE members into the fold if its the last thing I do!!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Not much, usually when i go there i go there by My ATS place, keep forgetting. should move PTS with ATS, more people will read it and discuss about it.
Politics stuff...
should be in ATS... too lazy to click on PTS everytime on ATS lol
Muchass Grassyass!

is this a combo of english and spanish?

Edit: bold(b)(/b) stuff

[edit on 16-6-2005 by ulshadow]

[edit on 16-6-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
No not really, im not a prolific poster. Im more of a reader unless i think i can contribute. I tend to stay away from subjects i have no knowlage or experience in

Its good that all the Politics are in one place and people have a place to go to discuss the political subjects that interest them.

Seems to be a lot of mudslinging and trolling and what not over at P@ATS.
Also every thread seems to turn into a P***ing contest, not enough rational disscussion.
But hey thats politics for ya.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by Janus]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Another idea:

On top of the Today@ATS, BTS and PTS buttons, have a Today at TS (Top Secret) which would pull all threads from the past 6 hours on all forums. That way, folks who don't want to have to click on all three links could just have one master list to browse.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
should move PTS with ATS, more people will read it and discuss about it.

should be in ATS

These are changes I hope to address very soon.

is this a combo of english and spanish?

Edit: bold(b)(/b) stuff

Not sure I follow...

Thanx for your input.

I invite everyone from across the spectrums of interest to visit PTS and jump into the debate. Everyone, of every belief and level of influence and education is welcome to participate - without fear of being "chewed up," as some have put it.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Another idea:

On top of the Today@ATS, BTS and PTS buttons, have a Today at TS (Top Secret) which would pull all threads from the past 6 hours on all forums. That way, folks who don't want to have to click on all three links could just have one master list to browse.

Excellent idea. Duly noted.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I did a bit at first, but subsequent events have left me cool to it.

It's a place where the raison d'etre isn't conspiracy

Too much ignorance and mudslinging. It seem to me that most of the psters there believe that if you disagree with their views you are not
only incorrect, you are also an evil person. I tend to be annoyed by people who don't really have a handle on complex political problems and processes trying to instruct me on what's right and wrong with the world.

If I'd wanted to share their views and insights, I would've planned for it by dropping out of school in the 10th grade.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join