It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Tricks and Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I had a, well, interesting sequence of events last night and I just thought this would make an interesting thread. I believe alot of alien / ufo "sightings" may just be the human mind playing tricks or running wild.

Common occurences can catch us off guard and trick us into thinking something isnt what it seems. Take my example. This is what happened to me last night.

I went to sleep around 2:30 am. I must have fell asleep fast and little did I know anything would happen in my sleep.

First off I was awoken by the sound of a genderless robotic voice saying something along the lines of " Recieve Setup Instructions" I literally jumped awake.

It was absolutely pitch black in the room, and I have horrible eyesight. I basically cant see anything but blobs of color etc. Now I awoke wondering what in the hell that voice was because I live alone and well, its late!

Perhaps a few seconds later light enters my room, dimly bathing the walls slowly. At this point its getting super weird. What in the hell is happening. The light is entering from the window high above my bed. At first it seems to pulsate, (in my poor vision) and it slowly gets brighter and brighter.

Of course now my interest is peaked. Im sitting in the bed, still wondering, still shocked.

I think about getting up. Bah my glasses are too far away and even in the dim light its hard to find them in the room. Im about to get up when something jumps at my bed. It was only my dog but you can imagine that situation.

Now for the explanation. Well its simple really, but when you are so groggy and still half asleep things dont really make sense at first.

I had just bought a new digital answering machine. It turns out that the power went off in the night. When the power came back on, it played this welcome greeting, in its robotic voice.

Because the power was out, so was the yard light. The yard light doesnt start up instantly like a regular light bulb, its kinda like big Gym lights, they take time to fully power up.

So you can see how a simple situation can turn into a "sighting" or event that you cant describe.

Now I basically knew all along what was happening to me, I knew it wasnt aliens etc, but I believe alot of occurances may have simple explanations.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Your totally right you know, I mean I just woke up to today to the voice of something, and I looked beside me to see a face looking at me.

Blinked.. Nothing there.

My mind playing tricks. I was half-asleep, half-dreaming when it happend, I had to listen for something but was falling asleep.

It's mind tricks for almost everything, I mean when your half-asleep not only does nothing make sense, but you'll hear things, see things, etc. And if you do hear things that would make sense otherwise, it will freak the hell out of you at night.

This is what I put off most sightings, and alien abductions to be.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by Ksnazdnzon]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This has happened to me plenty of times....but everytime it scares the jebus out of me!!! I don't exactly hear voices, I just see things that are weird and unusual. The mind has a very interesting way of thinking!

[edit on 16-6-2005 by CHICKST3R]

join