It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Saudis Declared Exempt from IAEA Inspection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
China has its own issues with muslims who'd rather want independence.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This is not a right or left wing issue. The people of South Korea did not even have a clue that anyone gave DNK any reactor or anything. This country is our ally and yet their people did not even know what you claim to know Simon. You need to wake up and smell the coffee. Both sides have blood on their hands. And its not just the right that has a problem with countries soveriegnty. What about Bosnia, Somolia, Hati and the others? Were those our business? No, yet we deposed one leader and lost many troops in others. Trust me, US foreign policy, as long as we continue to attack these "threats", will always be wrong in my eyes no matter who's in power. In the words of Trey Stone and Matt Parker: We are Team America, World Police. Blowing up everything to save the mother F*$#&@ day yeah! J/k guys....

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAConrad0825
The people of South Korea did not even have a clue that anyone gave DNK any reactor or anything.

Yes, you're right, the Agreed Framework was so secret everyone can find it publicly on the internet.
And again, the reactor was promised but never actually built, the reactor they supposedly built their bomb with was placed there by the former USSR.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by Simon666]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So very nonsecret eh? Yet many citizens of that country that i have spoken with first hand say that it never even touched their media. Most of their media is controlled by their government. Believe me, knowing what i know of SK politics, if the poeple actually knew what went on with those reactors they would have protested about it and deposed their leader. They protest about everything, wouldn't this be the obvious one to protest about. Please Simon...not everything is as simple as it seems. Also, get it from the horses mouth and not whatever article you read yesterday.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
How many people have you spoken to? Anywhere between 0 and 0,5 I guess. South Korea is not China, the amount of government control on the media is nowhere near that high. Internet isn't widely censored. The horse's mouth is KEDO and the information can be publicly accessed on that site.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by Simon666]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have to concur with Simon666 here. The part of the Agreed Framework including the 2 Light Water Nuclear Reactors is common knowledge. The fact that the funding for them fell through due to Republicans balking at the financial cost of them is probably not.

They were started but never funded, thus they were never built.

Kim Dae Jung, the popular SK leader, supported the construction of these LWN reactors. The SK's would of known what the much touted Agreed Framework entailed. The South Koreans were overwhelmingly for the abolishment of the economic and political isolation of North Korea. It was called the Sunshine Policy.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
welllll.....
it looks like it is time to spread some democracy to Saudi Arabia....

they have nukes (sortof) and they have terrorists (most of the ones in 9-11)

so why are we still messing with a little state like iraq...

I say we go for the motherload... Saudi Arabia itself...

Sure we sold them weapons... sure Shrub likes to hold hands with them...
but the fact remains... they are connected to 9-11 and they do have WMD (possibly)
the Shrub says it is good enough for Iraq... so it is good enough for Saudi Arabia...
I doubt even the libs would challenge him on that war...(I wouldn't)
but war is not the solution to everything... and It obviously worked so well in Iraq...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
hehehe ....Shrub....back to subject, every country should have such independence. We possess the exact same weapons we fear the others have. It is a regular US mentality. It's ok for us to have it but no one else knows how to use it. Seems more like a communist regime than a democracy. We know everything that's good and the underlings do not...God Bless America they say...and now the only place you can find american flags in Wal-Mart (the once most in demand product) is next to the notebooks and paper shredders. Our forefathers weep at our hipocracy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join