It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gitmo: 5 Star Resort

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Is it POSSIBLE that there are some "innocent" people at Gitmo? Of course.

But, if you ask them, they are all innocent! And I am sure if you ask them, they are all being abused.

The bottom line is, these guys were picked up shooting at Americans and thier allies. In my book thats an automatic guilty conviction.

Al Qeada also teaches its members to claim abuse as much as possible. So whats the truth?

Im inclined to believe my fellow Americans who dont shoot kids and blow up civilians and not these murderous crminals using Jihad as an excuse to further thier own criminal organizations.

They deserve what they get. And for the two or three that MAY be innocent: Too bad, next time pick the company you keep better.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
The bottom line is, these guys were picked up shooting at Americans and thier allies. In my book thats an automatic guilty conviction.

Any evidence that every single last one of them was picked up shooting at Americans and their allies?

Im inclined to believe my fellow Americans who dont shoot kids and blow up civilians.

Well, they say exactly the same thing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They deserve what they get. And for the two or three that MAY be innocent: Too bad, next time pick the company you keep better.

Well, if your justice system works the same crappy way, remind me to never come to the US.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by Simon666]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666

Any evidence that every single last one of them was picked up shooting at Americans and their allies?

You have any that they werent? Its easier NOT to take them around the world and question and detain them. Im inclined to believe that the people we found shooting at us are guilty.

Well, they say exactly the same thing.

Of course they would: They are muderous criminals!! Thats what terrorists say!

Well, if your justice system works the same crappy way, remind me to never come to the US.

Youre not invited, please stay away.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Is it POSSIBLE that there are some "innocent" people at Gitmo? Of course.

But, if you ask them, they are all innocent! And I am sure if you ask them, they are all being abused.

Really?
So I can have your personel assurance that all the people in there now or where in there or will be in there where/will or did shoot at americans?

Al Qeada also teaches its members to claim abuse as much as possible. So whats the truth?

The truth is diffrent for every person.

Im inclined to believe my fellow Americans who dont shoot kids and blow up civilians and not these murderous crminals using Jihad as an excuse to further thier own criminal organizations.
[/qoute]
So when your fellow americans tell you otherwise your not believing them....double standards...

Nice to know someone acutally cares about morality and the law.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You have any that they werent? Its easier NOT to take them around the world and question and detain them. Im inclined to believe that the people we found shooting at us are guilty.

There isn't any evidence they all were and the onus of proof is on the accuser in any justice system worthy of the name. Your second sentence indicates I am talking to a brick wall: whatever I say, somehow you are 100% sure they were all found shooting at coalition forces.

Of course they would: They are muderous criminals!! Thats what terrorists say!

You obviously didn't even click the link I provided and have no clue either I reacted to your assertion that you would believe US citizens and US troops instead. Well, clicky clicky on the link and you'll see a US citizen, a soldier, say exactly the same. For those that are also too lazy or to scared to click the link I provided:

Spc. Sean D. Baker, 38, was assaulted in January 2003 after he volunteered to wear an orange jumpsuit and portray an uncooperative detainee. Baker said the MPs, who were told that he was an unruly detainee who had assaulted an American sergeant, inflicted a beating that resulted in a traumatic brain injury.

Baker, a Gulf War veteran who reenlisted after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, was medically retired in April 2004. He said the assault left him with seizures, blackouts, headaches, insomnia and psychological problems

The Pentagon initially said that Baker's hospitalization following the training incident was not related to the beating. Later, officials conceded that he was treated for injuries suffered when a five-man MP "internal reaction force" choked him, slammed his head several times against a concrete floor and sprayed him with pepper gas.

Youre not invited, please stay away.

Nice mindset.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by Simon666]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew

Originally posted by deltaboy
faceless enemy the Phillipines.

lol

look at the history of the Phillipines and how we fought a "faceless" enemy, terrorism have faces u know, im suprise u think terrorists have no face.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
skippy:

The bottom line is, these guys were picked up shooting at Americans and thier allies. In my book thats an automatic guilty conviction

Yeah, well, "your book" doesn't mean a damn thing, thankfully. There are rules and laws that try to ensure that civilians and innocents are not harmed in war. You may have heard of them, they're called the Geneva Conventions.

Shooting at Americans (or anyone else for that matter) does NOT suddenly strip away someone's rights to, say, a fair trial.

No, actually, you are saying you are inclined to believe YOUR GOVERNMENT which tells you that everything is legal about Gitmo.

People who believe everything their governments say are naive, and maybe a little bit dangerous.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
If Gitmo is a fivestar resort I will pay airfare for anyone who says so.

Any takers? . . .

I thought not.

Time to terminate this thread as it has been exposed as pure BS.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
If Gitmo is a fivestar resort I will pay airfare for anyone who says so.

Any takers? . . .

I thought not.

Time to terminate this thread as it has been exposed as pure BS.

Well said. Skippy? You game? What about you West POint? I'll even through in some music Cd's, incase you get tired of the Pop stuff they give you?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By

Well said. Skippy? You game? What about you West POint? I'll even through in some music Cd's, incase you get tired of the Pop stuff they give you?

Well, its seems I have not killed or maimed enough childeren or civilians in hatefull rages of terror to qualify for a trip to Gitmo, sorry guys, I guess I cant take you up on your offer. Maybe if I try real hard and shoot at enough people and blow enough people up they may make an exeption for me!!

Look at how nice this place is:

Also found some glazed chicken, nice and hot, far better than the Boston Market frozen meatloaf I had for lunch today:

Man, maybe someday I could have a life like those guys. Maybe if I convert to Islam I may have a chance? Find some radical cleric to fill my brain with hate, I just may have a chance!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Well, its seems I have not killed or maimed enough childeren or civilians in hatefull rages of terror to qualify for a trip to Gitmo, sorry guys, I guess I cant take you up on your offer. Maybe if I try real hard and shoot at enough people and blow enough people up they may make an exeption for me!!

Look at how nice this place is: ....

Man, maybe someday I could have a life like those guys. Maybe if I convert to Islam I may have a chance? Find some radical cleric to fill my brain with hate, I just may have a chance!

- No need to find a cleric my friend, your mind is filled with enough already. It would be better if you could figure a way of removing some of the hate.

But, that is besides the point. If GITMO is, as you say, a 5 star report you should see about it. Maybe become a gaurd or something? Don't forget to pack a camera!!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
look at the history of the Phillipines and how we fought a "faceless" enemy, terrorism have faces u know, im suprise u think terrorists have no face.

delta at this point I think you are just being difficult on purpose. If you are sincerely giving me your opinions then it is obvious you don't understand the amorphous nature of the "War on Terror" and what it means exactly, you also seem unable to grasp the concept of equality and intrinsic human worth.

To respond more fittingly, your example of the Phillippines I laughed at because, well, if you are referring to the War of Resistance in the early 20th century that was not an example of us fighting non-state terrorists. As long as we just have the term "terrorist" justifying our military actions abroad we can extend the war to any country we think is being a "terrorist." In the Philippines there was a definite army that wore uniforms so we had an obvious enemy. The term "terrorist" is a faceless term, because it is impossible to say what a terrorist looks like, what they wear etc.

Al Qaeda = terrorists, IRA = terrorists, Aum Shin Rikyo = terrorists, right there it looks like we could invade a majority of the middle-east, ireland, japan, and a host of other countries. That is why I called it a "faceless" term, I thought this was fairly obvious, so I think you are pulling my leg by playing dumb.

Additionally, in the War of Resistence, the US fired first upon filipinos, breaking rules of engagement and starting hostilities for no reason. Once there was enough death and carnage both sides agreed it might be better to just stop. I don't think the "terrorists" will ever agree to stop, and I doubt the US will either, it is just a vicious cycle which means people in Gitmo will NEVER be freed under your definition (which I may add is totally wrong, the US didn't say we were holding them until the War On Terror was over lol)

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You guys need to read this:

www.city-journal.org...

Come back and post after reading that.

These guys are the worst of the worst. They have it way to easy.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Excellent 'Gulag Gitmo' editorial that's making the EMAIL rounds -

"According to the Encyclopaedia Britannica, some 15 million to 30 million prisoners died in the Soviet gulags. By comparison, Guantanamo at its peak held 750 prisoners; currently, there are 520; none have died in captivity, and, as I wrote 3-1/2 years ago, it has the distinction of being 'a camp where the medical staff outnumber the prisoners.' You'll get swifter, cleaner and more efficient treatment than most Canadians do under socialized health care. It's the only gulag in history where the detainees leave in better health and weighing more than when they arrive. This means they're in much better shape when they get back to their hectic schedule of killing infidels: Of the more than 200 who've been released, around 5 percent -- that's to say, 12 -- have since been recaptured on the battlefield." --Mark Steyn

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I agree with that article, I really don't mind torturing a proven terrorist to gain information which could prevent another attack or save lives in the future. Lets just figure out who the terrorists are first.

For those of you who think those in Gitmo have been charged with crimes, try finding a list with their names, and the crimes they are being tried(or really just jailed) for. Legal records are public information, especially before they are convicted (much easier to find). Usually when the US tried multiple people of the same crime, or if the US sponsors an international court type thing (Nuremburg) we release a legal brief giving the names, crimes charged and possible sentence for those crimes. It is called an calumnior pactum, or treaty of crimes accused.

Can we at least charge the guilty ones there of something? I DO believe some, if not most people there are guilty, so why is it so hard to even charge THEM?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
"You have already voted for FlyersFan this month."

I tried Flyer!!

Great find. But, the USA haters who post here will never understand actual LOGIC and truth. They hear only the propaganda of the terrorists and their supporters.

Its a shame that people who are so filled with jealousy and rage are so quick to believe anything that’s fed to them so long as it furthers their agenda and anti US beliefs. Almost like going through life in a fog.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
AHHHH I see it is in the numbers that matters. So torture 100 and that is OK, 1000 and then your horrible? Where exactly is that line, and remember you aren't allowed to say "Where ever America says it is"...

Torture really isn't an effective way of getting info, and most I think know it. If Torture is being used it is not for information. Maybe to get someone rocks off, maybe for someone to feel strong and tough, or maybe just to feel superior? I don't know, but it isn't for informational purposes.

Until it is all looked at as a horrible stain on humanity it will never end, and we will never grow. IMO.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

So torture 100 and that is OK .....

Yep... glazed chicken for dinner and extensive medical and
dental care (something that previously many of these people
never had their entire lives) is now 'torture'.

Giving the terrorists everything they need to practice their
faith of choice - including Qurans, prayer mats, etc at
US taxpayer expense - is 'torture'. These same people
who are on a life-mission to murder infidels are provided
their religious 'needs'. Whereas all they would do to
others is kill them for worshipping God differently.
Some torture!

The prison in Iraq had a half dozen National Guardsmen
taking pictures of naked terrorists and had a dog bark at
them. That's not torture. GITMO doesn't torture either.

Even if they did, I wouldn't care. But the fact is, they
aren't being tortured. The terrorists are telling lies,
as always. Murderers do that, lie, even while being
fed glazed chicken and being given better medical
care than many Americans.

[edit on 6/20/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
skippy:

Look at how nice this place is:

LOL! You show which sandy beaches and beautiful scenery of Cuba as your proof that Gitmo is a resort or something?

How many resorts restrict you to an OUTDOOR cage for 23 hours a day, with one hour a day of walking around in leg-irons for exercise?

Get some ACTUAL pics of Gitmo. Jumpsuits, shackles, guard dogs, barbed wire fences, etc.

Its a shame that people who are so filled with jealousy and rage are so quick to believe anything that’s fed to them so long as it furthers their agenda and anti US beliefs. Almost like going through life in a fog.

HAHA! YOU are the one believing what your government tells you about Gitmo. YOU are the one who is quick to believe what is fed to you. Like a good little voting sheep.

FlyersFan: Yeah, good argument.

"Well it's an illegal prison camp, but it's not as bad as the Soviet gulags of the 1950's."

If you need to campare your concentration camps with the SOVIETS to come out ahead, you have PR problems.

Guantanomo Bay will be seen in the future as a stain on the history of the U.S., and all you people in support of it NOW will be embarassed to tell people that you agreed with it. "I was lied to" you'll say. Well we've been trying to show you the SIMPLE truths about it, but you stick to your ignorance with a passion that is confusing.

jako

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
FLYERS:

Both sides lie - remember the WMD's? Remember immediate threat? Remember all the courts with Powel and such declaring for all to hear how they KNEW?

Face it brother, you were lied to and you ate it up like candy. The other sides lie? Ofcourse they do, but that is hardly enough to take some stand on. Your own president lied that started this mess. Remember.

If only they had an extra cell there.

The facts are that this administration as lied as a matter of course, continues to lie and has no intention of stopping because of people who want to beleive so badly they will ignore all the evidense in the world claiming somehow that "they" are the good side.

From a third part position outside of both Iraq and the US - it is very clear who the bad guy is in this situation and it isn't Islam.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join