It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gitmo: 5 Star Resort

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
What are we? Soft? We can’t treat prisoners like prisoners anymore? Apparently, it’s OK to shoot Americans now, as this report shows Gitmo is all but a beachfront vacation villa for terrorists…

Quote from the article:

"As described in infuriating detail by Heather MacDonald in the Winter, 2005, City Journal, interrogators at Guantanamo are not allowed to:

•yell at the detainees, except in extreme circumstances and only after alerting Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld – and never in the ears;

•serve the detainees cold meals, except in extreme circumstances;

•poke the detainees in the chest or engage in "light pushing" without careful monitoring and approval from the commander of the U.S. Southern Central Command in Miami;

•reward detainees (for example, for not throwing feces at the guards that day) with a Twinkie or a McDonald's Filet-O-Fish sandwich in the absence of express approval from the secretary of defense. (I suppose it goes without saying, "supersizing" their order is strictly forbidden under any circumstances.)

Without careful monitoring, interrogators aren't even allowed to subject the detainees to temperature changes, unpleasant odors, or sleep cycle disruptions. But on the bright side, they are allowed to play Christina Aguilera music and feed the savages the same food our soldiers eat rather than their usual orange-glazed chicken. That isn't sarcasm; these are the rules. "

That’s crazy!!!! I don’t always eat that well. Are there any rules that keep my boss from yelling at me? NOPE! My wife wont let me use the AC 95% of the time either. These guys have it better than I do. But if I go to some really hot sandy place and start shooting Americans I can finally be treated well.

The article also gets pretty tough on the Gitmo naysayers. It hits the mark right on. Its about time we started to treat thos terrorist prisoners like we ought to. Real bad. I dont feel sorry for one of them. Not one. If you dont want to go to gitmo, stop shooting and blowing up people or hanging out with people shooting and blowing up people. That to hard?

[edit on 16-6-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Good Post

What is with all the fuss? Aren't they going to put in more "reliable" gaurds?

How come the top terrorists get the best prisons while an average preson caught stealing a neclace is thrown into a dumpy jail where they are most likely going to get gang raped?

Like you, I feel no sympathy for these backward, barbaric, terrorists.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Get your flame retardant suits on boys... I have a feeling this is gonna be a long thread.

I myself have no sympathy for the terrorist either... but for all those that were simply "at the wrong place at the wrong time" I feel it's a terrible situation they're in... hopefully when they're vindicated they use better judgement on whether or not to stay in an active war zone, or not. (Ie. Stay in during the Curfew, and try your best to NOT stick around town when massive military operations are going on in your neighborhood. I realize some people just can't get up, and go like that. If thats the case, stock up on food, and lock the doors, and windows, lol.)

[edit on 6/16/05 by microcosm]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I found a little more on this:

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Do they give forcible anal cavity searches at 5 Star resorts now?
I'll have to start staying at cheap Motels if they do.

That Ann Coulter article tries it's best to make it look like things are great over there but they aren't.
Many of those things can not happen without supervision but supervision or authorization but that isn't that difficult to obtain.

Here's some of what she left out:

dailykos
Threats of torture and death by interrogators are described, as well as the use of sleep deprivation and depriving detainees of food as interrogation tactics. Threats of rendition to other countries are also alleged, as are incidents involving sexual humiliation of the detainees, including being stripped naked and forced to masturbate in the presence, or at the direction, of female soldiers. Detainees describe that buckets of human waste were dumped on them, that they were spit upon and cursed at by their guards, that they were held in isolation in freezing cold cells, that their beards and heads were shaved......

[edit on 16-6-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Do they give forcible anal cavity searched at 5 Star resorts now?
I'll have to start staying at cheap Motels if they do.

[

well if u in prison for a long time, u gotta have to release some of that pressure of pleasure, not to mention to make sure they dont have disease since they fought in middle of no where and havent taken a shower for a very long time.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It's not a 5 star resort or Club Med, but it's certainly not a gulag or torture chamber either. I wish people would look at this logically without making ridiculous comparisons.

Logically, something like Gitmo is needed and its present location is perfect. Who would want these foreign terrorists brought to a prison in their neighborhood? There may have been some mistakes made, but it seems to me that these were made a long time ago and rectified. The prisoners there are getting far better treatment that they deserve IMHO and far better than they'd receive if held by an Arab nation.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I dont see anything wrong with a forceable anal cavity search of a prisoner who's regular tactics include blowing themselves up and using women and childeren as human shields and firing from hospital and Mosque windows.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well skippytjc, not everyone gets that much practice in it as you do...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
Well skippytjc, not everyone gets that much practice in it as you do...

Thats quite a personal attack. Consider yourself reported.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Its not an attack, i have nothing against gays !!!!

consider yourself reported to Amnesty international for agreeing with such torture

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yes, while I have not much sympathy for the prisoners, I do condem the torture that they "might" have there

Although most likely many of the torture accusations are false, there probably are some that are true. I think we need some different gaurds down in that prision so maybe we wont get so many torture stories.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Posting the title, Gitmo: 5 Star Resort and then linking to Frontpagemag and Ann Coulter is just asking for a fight. Skippy, any chance of a more credible/moderate link?

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Posting the title, Gitmo: 5 Star Resort and then linking to Frontpagemag and Ann Coulter is just asking for a fight. Skippy, any chance of a more credible/moderate link?

Sanc'.

Why is it asking for a fight? People aren’t allowed to be of the opinion that there isn’t anything wrong at Gitmo? The fact that you think my title is akin to “asking for a fight” just tells me you have a different opinion than me or the author of the article. If it brings out enough emotion or anger in somebody to want to fight over it, that’s their issue.

Some people may find Ann Coulters opinions accurate, others may not, but because the source was written by her it’s not post worthy?

Bottom line: I posted a story I read that’s relevant to this forum and an important current topic in all of media. The source is as legitimate, or questionable, as any other source used on these boards. If my title, and the article itself, incite’s you to fight or argue, then that’s your issue you need to deal with. Others may just want to read the article and form their own opinions.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Why dont you go and Stay for your Hollidays in this Great FIVE STAR RESORT?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

That wont work Souljah, you see, I am not a child murdering cowardly lunatic terrorist, so I dont think ill get an invite.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by Souljah

That wont work Souljah, you see, I am not a child murdering cowardly lunatic terrorist, so I dont think ill get an invite.

Ahhh... Too Bad!

You make it Sound like its a Terrific place to spend it with your Family and Friends!

Maybe just a Visit?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Looks like the food is better than what I get.....

Mmmm...Nobody alowed to yell at me...

Nice, perfectly controlled temperature...

Regular sleep...

Top 40 music...

Maybe I will pay a visit, doesnt sound to bad. Almost makes murdering civilians worth it, huh?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Lord Darth "skippytjc" Vader

Even if you are Consumed by the Dark Side - I know there is still Good In You.

And You know it too!

Remember Episode VI?

Just think about the Future - You Future - Your Children - and what kind of World We are Leaving for Them to Live in......

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This immediatly made me think about one of my GCSE History classes. We were studying Nazi concentration camps. When they were under international pressure, they released a video showing how nice it was in the concentration camps, how they were fed hot food and given libraries to read books from.

Yeah. I believe that as much as I believe this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join