It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possesions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
What are the first signs of a possesion? Because I watch the exorcist last night for the one hundredth time. Can anyone help me with this question?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Alrighty, here three easy steps to see if your being controlled by some outside force.

#1 Sit down, clear your mind of any bias or concerns.

#2 Think about the signs rationally and try to discover if it is just your imagination, something mentally disturbing you that others can understand, or is it something physically wrong with your surroundings that can be explained and corrected.

#3 Go back to #2, you or anything else you have isnt possesed. Its your wild imagination trying to trick you, which relates to #1.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I am told if you drink alot...get DRUNK that is....or get all messed up on drugs, your true self is seriously surpressed. All the wacky ideas you get and things you do in such a state are NOT YOUR OWN....for you have weekened your will and have opened yourself up to POSSESION.
I do not mean a couple/few relaxing drinks....I mean DRUNK DRUNK..but maybe they meant even one beer or glass of wine? I am not clear on that....so I think they meant seriously inebriated.

Most these creatures do not have enough power to maintain your body and mind once you sober up...
.....that partying HARD is just you letting SOMETHING else take over.

I don't KNOW this to be true....I was told this and I rather believe it. My source was someone I believe and have learned much from.

Why else would alcohol continually be refered to as 'Spirits' ??

Things that make you go....Hmmmmmmmmmm

[edit on 16-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Is that why only drunk people enjoy karaoke? (And that is 99.9% true.)

Somewhat spooky and irrational, but would be a good excuse to get completely smashed....for science of course...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The RiverGoddess said;

"Why else would alchol be refered to as spirits"??

In some cultures "blackouts" from drinking it considered to be a form of possession. Apparently the theory is that if a person drinks themself into unconsciousness, then a spirit can walk in a take over for awhile.

Apparently, spirit possession via blackouts is also a "legal" defense in
Indonesia!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well you could always do a search on possesion. I know that the Catholic church is one of the few that still performs inquiries to demonic possesions. As for spiritual ones, I don't think a spirit could posses a person for a long amount of time. From what I've heard they lose energy from possesing a person. Depending on the person supposedly they person might also recieve the gift of "sight". From my experience, they tend to do most of the work themselves. Unless it was a spirit that was trying to show you something or it was truely vindictive i don't think they would posses you.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
In my opinion, stop being so obsessed with possession. You might find what your looking for which wouldnt really be a good thing.

How about you look into Divine Beings and your own Soul/Spirit. With that will come opportunity to learn about the other side and how they affect you or others.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
*cough*

Maybe, since spirits defy the laws of science, they simply dont exist and humans believe this simply because they enjoy the feeling that they are something above skin and bones, which they aren't.....

No one will find any proof of spirits, but if you do, bottle one and send it to me.
I like torturing illogical theories, even if its true.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The moment you start speaking in deep, harsh sounding latin is about the time you contact your nearest priest/monk/cleric/exorcist/ghost buster

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Then I have a couple of very disturbed Latin teachers....

Seriously, no one has any proof.....

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
there is a stench a burning sulfur acidy or crap smelling and no source of where it's coming from. objects moving by themselves and there is also a cold draft, aversion to crosses and other holy objects-pics, holy water etc. and there is also a tremendous amount of discord among family members. animals are also very perceptive and they do strange things.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well i must get possessed by "Casper the friendly ghost" because when i have something to drink i'm more friendly and easy going as well as being able to preserve any actions before i do them

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Crash]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

i woke up on a saturday morning and took a couple shots of alcohol. i was on meds too for anxiety and insomnia. when my husband tried to wake me again at 1030, i started screaming at him in jibberish and then attacked him, saying that i was going to eat his ears and nose and eyes with this huge smile on my face. now i dont remeber this but he got video. he called for an ambulance but because of the screaming, the police came. i was arrested that day. i have NEVER been in trouble, i mean never. even the police had to ask if i spoke english because i kept speaking in tongues, i guess. i even hit on the police officer! i hardly remeber it but this is what my husband tells me and i saw the video. very scary. i didnt believe in possesions, key word " i didnt".

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well it depends deeply on what you are looking for possesion has many meanings ,in some ways it can mean to some the physical possesion of an object,i thionk perhaps this is what you are asking about.

In many ways you have to kinda peel back the whole picture and look at it all,and in a veyr staunch way realize its alot about what kind of possesion you are looking for.Now if you are talking about a ghost wanting someone to bottle up a ghopst,you must really not understand the meta physics behind a ghost.or spectre,something capable of possesing a hu8man being.

Some say they exsist in a place called purgatory,usually damned from heaven and not able to get to hell.this comes from a very old perspective of human spirit and exsistence at large largely connected to many religios beliefs dealing with good and evil.

Another look into it says that sometimes the sort of how can i say.System of information transfer that some call our soul can be shocked into exsistence without a physical body or nervouse system to implicate the transfers of energy and neurological information transfer.They will say that this can be brought on by a sudden death hence why many ghosts will be left behind at their death site,very common in murder story afilliated specters.Or in some cases they will say that a connectioon to a certain object person or place can keep a spirti here in this world and not move on.And i mean move on into the all of energy that we are part of or heaven or whatever.

Then we can get into the part about how heaven and hell are always trying to win us over in our thoughts and actions,and try to influence us.Many old lore of possesion actually comes from the act of inner self towards one of the deadly sins or one of the many virtues 7 and i think 12 i dunno.At any rate in this lore it depicts that the devil who im not going to get into now,is always trying to influence us into becoming bad,and we humans can be overtaken by these things and im sure many of us can tell a story or two about this.Its like they would say that if you took your friends girlfriend cause you thought she was pretty and didnt think of your friend at all,that it was satan trying to get you to sin through the sin of lust,and perhaps if you did it you were possesed by the demon of lust or became a demon of lust it gets really screwy.

Anyways thats just some thoughtas on the matter,not neccessarily what I believe!

[edit on 25-6-2008 by toraylin]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i am a horrible typist so forgive the lack of puncuation please. i have been an alcoholic since i was about 16. i didnt start experencing blackouts until early summer 2008. it started slowly, not remembering bits of time, waking up on a friends couch not remembering how i got there. etc...over the following monthsthey occured more and more. and lasted longer and longer.my. i am a very easy going person ,but i started becoming vicious , mean ,and violent. ..finding out the next morning. id bashed up the tv vcr dvd , my car window isnt fun but....when my girlfriend told me that i had told her that brian was no longer here and if she didnt leave him or me or whatever it was it would get violent i got scared. other people i knew were calling me dr jekyl and mr hyde. i called my pastor got honest ... she ministered to me and cast out several spirits by name. i dont remember telling her to LEAVE IT ALONE but three people told me i did. i believed for healing and life is peaceful again. no drinking no violence back to who i was but better.... i know its true if your not at the wheel someone else must be driving....john 10:10

top topics

join