It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some things that's been happaning to me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Well you know how some times you wake up just as you go to sleep and you give a little jump and kind of spasm? Well I've been having that alot more than often.
Also, when I'm awake and doing anything some times it feels like my brain just dies. I can't describe it. it just drops out for around 1 second. I'm fearing that one time when it happens I won't be able to stop it and it will kill me.
I've never had these feelings before, they're just in the last week.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Have you felt as if you are not yourself, or being taken over? What is the first sign of a possesion? Get better soon

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
That stuff happens to everyone you should be absolutely fine.
when you feel that jolt it was when your astral body was trying to leave your physical body and you put it back in... next time try and astral project and see what happens because it can be fun.
otherwise the other thing is just you zoning out/ your brain shutting off and don't listen to the people that are telling you that youre possesed youre just functioning on a higher psychic level than they are.
Also when you brain shuts down like that it's telling you that you're overloading it...
you and me are a lot alike

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
What do you mean "see what happens next"? I just lie there waiting for my heart beat to go back down so I can get back to sleep.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
www.crystalinks.com...
this is a good site for astral projection...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
What do you mean "see what happens next"? I just lie there waiting for my heart beat to go back down so I can get back to sleep.

If you dont trust Astral yet than get an Amethyst to wear to bed. The birtstone thread will give you more info on that.

As far as your brain dying out, that use to happen to me but stopped.

How is your environment, are you happy, are you being intellectually stimulated by your friends?? I think my zoning out was a form of escapism during an unhealthy time and possibly yours.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How can your brain die out? I don't understand what you are trying to say. Do you mean you black out for a second or something? Maybe you have a tumor or other problem, go get your head checked out just in case.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If when you are awake and actually out of bed and your brain feels like it is "dying out" i'd say that instead of posting about it here on this site you should probably see a doctor.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Take a brake from using electronics...such a computer and TV or similar item...at least for while...

practice centering youself mentally at you pineal gland before you go to sleep...and after the you've awake...

If it get worse, go see an MD or a Phd...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Aww Nven, its being paralized in your sleep, it happens to all of us.

Could also be demonic attacks. Pray to Jesus or say in the name of Jehova I demand you to leave and it will in that instant.

Stop looking at paranormal stuff it will stop happening.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ack, why does everyone jump to the idea that hes being attacked by demons or has a spirit imbalance?!!?

Your probably not getting enough blood to your head for a few seconds. Happens to the best of us. You either just sit up and it drains out, or you may have some type of serious problem. Best to ack a DOCTOR and Im sure he will give you intelligent advice.

Dont ever assume the paranormal until you have ruled out every possible normal answer. And that goes for the rest of you!

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
When falling asleep, the spasm, jerk that you feel accompanied by a falling sensation is a myoclonic jerk. Very normal.

"This term denotes a common experience with sudden contractions of the
big body muscles while falling asleep. This mostly causes a feeling of
stumbling, falling or similar and subsequently waking up again. The
exact cause is not known, it probably is some disturbance in the
brain's functions in the first stage of sleep. Surely it is common,
and does not cause serious problems unless it stops you from sleeping
(but then you have general sleeping problems as well)...."
This was taken from
www.faqs.org...

..............................................................................................................
But the feeling of your brain "dying" sounds like "spells of some sort, so see a doctor.

Sometimes called a spell Petit Mal seizure ( but usually, the person doesnt realize it happened":

"A petit mal seizure is a temporary disturbance of brain function caused by abnormal electrical activity in the brain and characterized by abrupt, short-term lack of conscious activity ("absence") or other abnormal change in behavior.

Petit mal seizures occur most commonly in people under age 20, usually in children ages 6 to 12. They may occur in combination with other types of seizures.

Typical petit mal seizures last only a few seconds, with full recovery occurring rapidly and no lingering confusion. Such seizures usually manifest themselves as staring episodes or "absence spells" during which the child's activity or speech ceases.

The child may stop talking in mid-sentence or cease walking. One to several seconds later, speech or activity resume. If standing or walking, a child seldom falls during one of these episodes.

"Spells" can be infrequent or very frequent, occurring many times per hour. Up to hundreds of seizures can occur in a single day. They may occur for weeks to months before they are noticed. They can interfere with school function and learning. Teachers may interpret these seizures as lack of attention or other misbehavior.

Atypical petit mal seizures begin slower, last longer, and may have more noticeable muscle activity than typical petit mal seizures...."
This quote was taken from Medline plus Medical Encyclopedia:
www.nlm.nih.gov...

Im not saying you are having seizures, but you are aware of something that may not be right, so talk to a profesional please.

[edit on 19-6-2005 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Kris, I salut you as a defender of Science!

Hes right though, it may be just such a event. It could also be a warning of a much more serious stroke, though I dont know your age and I am not a medical doctor, so see one if its serious.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yes! I approach everything first, scientifically, looking for the logical scientific answer in such cases...But I have to say I have had many weird wild profound OBE, astral projections, and lucid dream experiences...

I also noticed these episodes have occured more frequently during times of erratic sleep patterns and stressful, or exhausted times and feel that awarness of your surroundings during sleep induce such experiences.--Always begining with muscle jerks, then sleep paralysis and ofcourse fear. Falling asleep very quickly is when I experience such.

This produces a cycle, and induces more of the same, to the point it affects you mentally 24/7

These experiences can strain you mentally during the day as well. Im sure Nventual will seek a profession to find out what exactly is going on.

[edit on 19-6-2005 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think his brain is just having nerve issues, i am sure it will pass but he should see a doctor.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have been having a similar problem for about the past 6 months of my life. I first noticed it when I would smoke marijuana and feel as though my mind "blanks out" or "leaves" my body. My friends told me that it was as though i was having seizures as I was completely oblivious to it.

I've searched for the cause of the problem and determined it occured when I was in a situation I desperatley didn't want to be in. Now I've stopped smoking marijuana but still have these "twitches". Generaly when I feel paranoid, afraid, or mostly when I feel like i'm being watched.

I'm not saying that this is what you have, maybe it is. I've also found that REM (Rapid Eye Movement) before you've actually reached the first stage of sleep can sometimes cause discomfort, and giving you these twitches. Your best bet is to see a doctor, but also ask yourself some questions about where these muslce spasms are coming from. When they began, what changed since they began, how your feeling emotionaly...etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
... i think that ur being taken over by something.... 1 time i blacked out and when i came back into myself i was in my room with the 9 satanic statemants and the 11 statnic rules of the earth... i sometimes hear something about centring the sea with the sun... eh... im just a psyco i had an imagenery friend when i was 4 and another imaginery friend killed him... anyway if ur being possest then chek this out www.abovetopsecret.com...
ant this www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
russiankid, I think I'll go with xxKrisxx's explanation. And your post really doesn't make much sense, it's entirely incoherrent...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well i get a shudder once a day it seems. Might be nerves, or my daughter jumping on them.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well it has happaned to me anymore. For the record, I'm 15.

top topics

join