It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bomb-Laden Marine Jet Crashes into Arizona Neighborhood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
A U.S. Marine Corps Harrier jet carrying four live 500 pound bombs crashed into a Yuma, Arizona neighborhood Wednesday after the pilot ejected. At least one home was set one fire, but no one on the ground was injured. The pilot was taken to a nearby hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries. 1,300 area residents were evacuated whle military personnel were called in to recover the unexploded bombs and other artillery.

www.azcentral.com
A U.S. Marine Corps pilot parachuted to safety Wednesday as his bomb-laden jet crashed into a residential section of Yuma, setting at least one house afire. At least one person was reported injured.

Police evacuated the central-city neighborhood while firefighters put down flames, cooled the bombs with water and gathered live ammunition.

A witness who narrowly escaped the blaze said rounds were exploding in the wreckage as she fled.

"The airplane hit and exploded in my yard," said Stacey Pavlak, 21, who was housesitting while her parents were away on a camping trip. "The whole back yard was just blazing fire. I ran outside. The house was full of black smoke.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm glad it looks like the pilot will be ok and no one was killed on the ground. Thank God the bombs weren't accidently detonated by the crash. I can't imagine how shocking it would be to see to a military jet laden with bombs crash into your suburban neighborhood.

Related News Links:
FOX News

[edit on 6/16/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I just saw this on the news like ten minutes ago. It would be a nightmare to have a jet crash in your back yard, then be told it has 500pd bombs on it. Any reason for the live ammo? Also what caused the crash I wonder?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
On occasion planes will fall out of the sky for no apparentl reason ... Usually an overlooked mechanical problem. War planes often travel with live ordinance. I don't know how it is down there in AZ, but they fly out of St. Louis, quite often, for mission training up around Fort Leonard Wood, in the center of Missouri.

I wouldn't get to excited about anything happening along the conspiracy lines... I do feel bad for the pilot, and the folks who lost hearth and home. However, like I said, on occasion, Doo-Doo do.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yeah, I really think this is a cover up after looking at aerials of the crash site. I see absolutly no parts of the plane on the ground, the blast damage to the adjacent house and pool could not have been caused by burning jet fuel as it doesn't get hot enough to do that kind of damage. My guess is this was planned demolition of the home of one of Bush's political enemies.

I thought I'd go ahead and get it out there since we all knew it was coming.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It happened in Yuma, too bad. Glad everyone is ok.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
oh for crying out loud!! When we say we want better border security and less illegals running around we don't mean bomb the illegals at the borders!!!

pao

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
yeah i live in yuma so i have an eyewitness account. it just wrecked in the middle of a couple back yards. everyone got evacuated. it was really close to walmart too..

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pao
yeah i live in yuma so i have an eyewitness account...

Nahh, what you really saw was a missile with wings. There's not enough evidence that it was a "jet" or an "airplane"

Did Walmart release the security videos yet?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The story doesn't seem to notice the difference between "live" and "armed", which is a significant point to be brought out before everyone starts freaking out and doing the "why?" thing. If they had been armed, this would have been bad. Transporting "live" ammo to and from bases or ranges is commonplace.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That pilot won't be flyin' any time soon. For those not familiar, this is what a Harrier is:

The jet is a favorite among pilots because it can do a lot of aerial tricks, and this pilot may have been hot-dogging it.

One Harrier costs about 35 million bucks - not too bad.

Zip

new topics

top topics

join