It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majic's Haibane Sketches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I posted some of these over in my Majic After Dark thread, but figured I may as well start a thread here since, after all, this is the art forum.

One of my little eccentricities is a fascination with the 13-episode anime series Haibane Renmei. I don't pick favorites likely (I consider them limiting), but I've named that silly little show my favorite visual art production of all time -- and I don't make that claim lightly.

Of course, that's just me. A story about a bunch of girls running around with wings and halos in a walled city wasn't exactly what I expected would become my favorite show.

Why? Because I like “guy flicks”. My rule of thumb: no explosions or fight scenes = chick flick. The more explosions, gunfights, car chases and general mayhem, the better the show in my opinion.

So then I go and get hooked on Haibane Renmei. Go figure.

Anyhow, I used to draw sketches a lot as a kid back in the days before the Internet (or even Atari) when “interactive entertainment” usually involved some sort of ball. My main problem was that I could never draw people.

I still can't, but I tried my hand at drawing haibane a few months back, and decided the attempts didn't totally suck.

Do they? You decide.

Anyway, in no particular order, here are some of my haibane sketches:

Kana

Midori

Nemu

Rakka

(Click on image for full-sized picture)

“Haibane Lain” (Crossover from Serial Experiments: Lain)

Kuu

Reki

Sergeant Kana, Guri Defense Forces

Uteki, aka Hikari

I colorized some of these, ala Ted Turner, and may post some links to other sketches later -- both straight pencil and colorized -- if there's interest.

Hope you like my doodles.

Majic

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
*drools* Those are b-e-a-utiful Majic!!!! I love the drwaing of Rakka.

Hey, maybe you could draw me a favor (lol) ! I need a picture for my "soon to be site".....I would like you to draw me a pirate, not just ANY pirate....... but an ANIME pirate (a girl)! With X X

new topics

join