It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bush Track Record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
1. They called 9/11 a much deserved bloody nose days after 9/11.
2. They called for no ethnic profiling at airports.
3. They said we will loose in Afghanistan like the Soviets did.
4. They opposed POW and military tribunials for Afghani fighters.
5. They called for crimes against humanity charges because of cluster bombs.
6. They called the Axis of Evil speech utter contempt.
7. They said inspections work.
8. They said we need a UN and a coalition that we now know was in Sadaam's back pocket.
9. They said the Iraq is a diversion in the war on terror.
10. They said we have failed to drive a stake in the heart of al Qaeda.
11. They said we will loose in Iraq.
12. They said we will loose in the sandstorms outside of Baghdad.
13. They said we will have urban warfare in Baghdad and tens of thousand dead.
14. They said the looting will ruin Baghdad.
15. They Iraq will break apart into seperate countries.
16. They said Moqtada al Sadr will be President and Iraq will be part of Iran.
17. They said Sadaam Hussein was never a threat and peace could be made with him in power.
18. They said their would be tens of thousand suicide bombers, hundreds of car bombs and elections will never happen.
19. They said we need more troops on the ground, and therefore a draft.
20. They said Iraq is the new Vietnam.
21. They said Bush orchestrated 9/11 for an oil war.

With that kind of track record, why should we believe you guys now?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedWhiteandBlood
8. They said we need a UN and a coalition that we now know was in Sadaam's back pocket.
17. They said Sadaam Hussein was never a threat and peace could be made with him in power.
18. They said their would be tens of thousand suicide bombers, hundreds of car bombs and elections will never happen.

1- Ummm i dont recall saying that... in fact the majority of the world, even bush haters, were sympathetic to the US and Bush post 9/11

2- Why should there be ethnic profiling... thats called discrimination, which is undemocratic.

3- Ok bad call... but the rural areas of afghanistan arent controlled by Kharzai and his puppet gov... but controlled by warlords... doesnt seem too stable to me... also the whole point of the war in afghanistan was to topple the taliban (done) and get Osama... you get my point.

4- According to Bush the Afghani fighters arent POWs which is why they dont get protected by the geneva convention... can you spell GITMO?

5- CLuster bombs are indiscriminate... in this day in age civilian casualties in war need to be limited, especially if your trying to win the hearts of the people you are invading... cluster bombs dont ensure that.

6- It was... sure these countries were run by madmen... but they posed no threat to the US, and y calling them out, Bush has prompted the two of the three left to pursue nukes...

7- Well the inpections said Saddam has no WMDs.. Bush said they did... Bush invades and finds no WMDs... so both methods gave the same result... but the latter caused 1000's of deaths while the former didnt kill anyone (to my knowledge)... so which one works better...

8- Oh you mean the investigation by the USA into this... pfft i give David Ecke more credibility than that report... Galloway from the UK put it really well... look into it.

10- It is... not only that, but it has caused more terrorism than before.

11- Well you havent won yet have you...

12- Dont recall that remark... but hey, no one is always right.

13- Has happened... is happening....i suppose to you 'dead' doesnt include iraqis

14- The looting didnt, the war and air raids did.

15- Its still very unstable man... dont discount the possibility.

16- Who said that?

17- He wasnt... found any WMDs yet?

18- Ok so elections did happen... the rest happened.... maybe slightly exxagerated mind you.... but they happened and still happen to this day.

19- Ummm well your not doing a good job with the troops you have are you?

20- Give it time... 1700 Us troops killed at last count... and still going.

21- Dunno about orchestrated... but he's sure taken full advantage of it for an oil war.

Soooo whats your point...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

And pro-Bush track record is all about counting your chickens before they hatch as this list shows.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Who the hell are "They"?

As "They" seem to be saying lots of different things about lots of different people.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
RedWhiteandBlood, how old are you?

Just curios

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
1. Who's 'they'?
2. OK
3. I don't remember much opposition to the war in Afghanistan. Even John Stewart for the Daily Show was all for that one.
4. Liberals wanted to have trials against captured fighters. Right now, many of them don't even have charges placed against them as far as I'm aware.
5. Cluster bombs should not be used against populations. Neither should DU weapons.
6. The Axis of Evil speech didn't do much good.
7. Inspections did work.
8. UN approval would have helped.
9. Caught Osama yet?
10. Caught Osama yet?
11. Have you won in Iraq yet? Over 400 coalition soldiers have been killed just in 2005 and another 2,400+ have been wounded this year.
12. I don't remember the sandstorm bit.
13. There was urban warfare that resulted in tens of thousands of dead. Under 2,000 were American but it still happened.
14. The looting sure didn't help.
15. It could still happen. It isn't over yet.
16. What they have now, are an Interim President and Interim Prime Minister. They are having another set of elections in December 2005. Who knows what will happen with Sadr.
17. They said Saddam was not a threat to the US. He wasn't.
18. There have been hundreds, if not thousands of suicide bombers. There are thousands of car bombs in Iraq. The number of car bombs has recently dropped from 12 per day to one or two per day. That's still not good.
19. More troops may have helped.
20. There were 1,864 US troops killed between 1961 and 1965 in Vietnam. The death toll didn't really increase until later on. There have been 1708 US troops killed between March 2003 and June 2005. Let's hope they don't have the same increase as the war drags on.
21. I thought it was more about the military industrial complex and the grab of power.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
RedWhiteandBlood, how old are you?

Just curios

I'm guessing 40's maybe 50's. .........In dog years.........

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

RedWhiteandBlood,
Do you mean track record as in "track record"?
or
Track record as in someones history?

What's your source for this "track record"?

Is this a debut album?

Who sings these songs? Is it mutliple artist? an Ensemble?

Cassette? CD? 8-track (people still use em)?

[edit on 16/6/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I don't recall a majority of anti-Bush people claiming that.

After seeing what the U.S. military is doing to other countries now, I would prefer they do racial profiling instead of killing people abroad. Would save a lot more innocent lives in this stupidity. By innocent lives I mean people of Middle Eastern descent, NOT U.S. citizens.

Fighting continues even today. Is this a war that has been won?

Why not? Thousands of innocent lives have been lost in an alleged war about stomping out a small minority of poeple.

So? Whats the big deal? Opinions get your feathers ruffled?

Did you see any WMD? They WORKED.

U.S. companies were part of the Oil for Food scandal. So how is this a point? It did not factor into who went to war with Iraq over WMD lies or else the U.S. would have been unable to invade as well.

Certainly. The entire War on Terror is a diversion for the true reasons for the Middle Eastern invasions like oil, military contracts, and U.S./Israeli hegemony fears.

Where is Osama Bin Laden? Where is Al Zaqwari?

So the war is over then? Why aren't the troops home?

I don't recall ANY anti-Bush people claiming that.

See current news. Violence continues in the streets of Baghdad. The body count is certainly in the tens of thousands at this point in the war.

I don't remember anybody making such claims. The war has ruined Baghdad, not looting.

Simply because this event hasn't happened yet in the historical record doesn't mean that it won't in the future. With the violence continuing in Iraq, there is still the possibility.

I don't recall anybody saying that about al Sadr. Who knows about Iran and Iraq? The future is a cloud.

See the released British memos on just how much Iraq was a threat. The country was considered less of a threat than many other nations that were not considered for invasion.

I don't recall a majority of anti-Bush people claiming that. Especially the elections bit. There have been hundreds if not thousands of suicide bombers in Iraq as a result of the invasion/occupation which were not there previously.

You don't think thats a possibility? Military recruitment IS down. How will U.S. forces hope to keep a steady flow of soldiers if recruitment stays down? The only option left is a draft.

I don't recall a majority of anti-Bush people claiming that. In Vietnam the U.S. never took over the entire country. In Iraq they have. Other than that the violence is similar, but neither conflict reflects the other except for the obfuscation of the reasons for entering into them.

I don't recall a majority of anti-Bush people claiming that. Mostly Iraq is considered an oil war, but most do not consider Bush the orchestrator of 9/11.

I would prefer you not believe anything we type or say. I want people who support Bush and our current foreign policies to put their money where their fingers and mouths are and sign up for military duty and do their part in defending their beloved President.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by Frith]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   

You must be talking about this guy..

(Pat Robertson)

..or this guy?

(Jerry Falwell)

[edit on 16-6-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
But Rant, those are good christians, why would they speak out against god/Bush?

Anyways, what is Bush's record? Well, released unedited/untampered record?

Did so much drugs he could have cleaned the floor with Cheech and Chong
Drank so much he got DUIs in a time that DUIs were unheard of, fewer DUIs given out then murders
Opposed the Supreme Court decision to make it illegal to kill babies/mentally handicapped/innocent people, along with most of Texas republicans
Got the Patriot Act passed, which says anyone can be declared a enemy of the state and sent to Gitmo, no call, no lawyer, just sent off. So, how many missing persons today are at Gitmo without anyone knowing?
Stole 00 Election through Daddy, Brother, and Cousin. I like that, maybe the dems will do that next election, wait till you have the lead, then end to vote counting. "STOP THE COUNT!" But we only counted 5 votes. "Yes, and now I have the lead, so stop the counts, I win the state." Wait, democrats not evil/corrupt, I mean republicans.
Cut millions from the FBI Anti-Terror budget, then told them to shut up about OBL. couple months later......
Invaded Afganistan, good thing. Stayed there to build a pipeline for oil buddies, bad
Invaded Iraq for oil, bad
Won 04 election by saying "Gays are gonna eat your babies" and all the ignorant folks voted for him

I could go on, but the list has been made several other times.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Bush LIED on the record about WMD.

Nothing more to say.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Nothing more to say.

Yep. Can't argue there. He definetely lied about the WMD's. Of course he lied about alot of stuff since he took office but the WMD's are the most obvious.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Nothing more to say.

Yep. Can't argue there. He definetely lied about the WMD's. Of course he lied about alot of stuff since he took office but the WMD's are the most obvious.

And damning.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

If "They" are countries in the Middle East who aren't too fond of America, than yes, I remember the reports of cheering and firing of guns into the air when they heard the great Satan had been dealt a sucker punch.
The rest of the world stood with you though. Despite the politics of the Bush administration up until then rattling the collective world cage over issues like land mines and the Kyoto protocol, nobody thought you deserved 9/11.

Whoever "They" are, this ubiquotous bunch, "They" were right. Ethnic profiling is wrong, in war or out. More time should have been spent on pocket contents profiling in airports than worrying about the 99.9% of arabs and muslims who have no jihad ambitions.

"They" are quite the incendiary bunch aren't they? As far as I remember the Taliban still exist , OBL was never confirmed dead and the women's rights have gone back to the stone-age again, as well opium production back up to speed again. No, the US didn't lose like the Soviets did. It is the Afghani's who lost like the Afghani's have always lost when world powers come to play.

"They" aren't sure which side they are on. One minute it seems "They" are liberal, the next democrats and now somehow neo-con in nature???
I seem to remember the preferred method of dealing with Afghani POWs was to pack them in a poorly ventilated container lorry and bring them for a Sunday drive in the desert. The tough ones got a lifetime membership to the GITMO 5 Star Resort.

Cluster bombs are nasty little things. All's fair in love and war as they say, but the real crime against humanity was dropping food packages which closely resembled cluster bomblets. That showed either immense stupidity on the part of US planners or incredible cruelty.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That whole bizness with the kids and the stuff we dropped freaked me out.

Imagine if those were the children in YOUR neighborhood.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
But ECK, they were little brown things, not real people. Who cares if we bomb several thousand of them? They aren't Americans, so go ahead, firebomb a few dozen thousand.

Wait, I'm not a republican. Oh yeah, his number 1 supporters are KKK, Neo-Nazis, and the CCC. Gee, Dems got Greenpeace, NAACP, and Make a Wish Foundation, Republicans have Racists, white supremicists, and senators, I mean KKK.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Reality Check Afghanistan is still unstable with elements of the tailban and bin ladin cronies still causing havoc.

Yet another UN bashing fanasty.

The truth is a cruel mistress mayabe if Bush had told us the real reason for going to war that is to spread democracy in the middle east and not spoon feed the media BS people like me might have had more time for the war.

America and its allies hasnt won the war in Iraq yet.

Putting casulitys aside the US military is invovled in an urban war against insurgents the facts speak for themselvs.

Still a possablity.

Could be a possablity few people outside of Iraq understand the countrie and its politics.

Another reality check the elections did take place but that dose not ensure a stable Iraq.

Comparing Iraq to Vietnam is a simple comparison that overlooks facts. Comparing Iraq to WW2 is the height of stupidy.

Jurys out.

[edit on 17-6-2005 by xpert11]

[edit on 17-6-2005 by xpert11]

top topics

join