It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000,000 with out power in Tx.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Aproxmently one million people are with out power in 7 counties in Texas. Plemenary reports are causeing it on a down power line. Will bring more as it beacomes avaible.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
1st update,
main power transhmins lines are down. They estemaite 8 hours to restore power. One fire has been reported caused from an overheated transformer. No looting reported yet.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
2nd update,
8 counties efected. Temps in the are were up to 100Deg F, with scattered thunder storms. Some are spectulating if the weather could have caused the power failer. The power failer also is afecting 9 area prisens, all the prisens have put the inmates in lock down.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What do they do for cold water?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Do you have any links to online reports?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have been getting all the info from the tv news as it is reported. I will post the link to web sites when I find them

update,
the power company is saying there was an event in one of there power lines.

you would think they could be doing better then just that

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The power company at fault is now reporting 100,000 with out power.
They have said a fault in the lines caused a power plant in the Conroe area to go off line, and that has also caused them to loose the ability to import power from another plant.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Here is something from the Houston Chronicle..
Although the affected number is only 70,000 in the story.

www.chron.com...

[edit on 15-6-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
FEAR NOT! I have electricity!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Here is something from the Houston Chronicle..
Although the affected number is only 70,000 in the story.

www.chron.com...

[edit on 15-6-2005 by spacedoubt]

Thanks for the link.

This morning the power company is reporting 150,000 were with out power.
Also reporting it was caused by high winds takeing out 16 power lines, wich also led to a fire in a turbin and a power plant shuting down.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I try to cite specific sources for my posts, but in this case it would defeat the purpose. I live between Houston and Dallas so my family and I have first hand knowledge of what we went through. However, the very few reliable news sources I have read, have not only reported incorrect information, but the stories have changed several times and does not explain all of the occurrences. As a matter of fact, there seems to be a complete disinterest of this huge event in the local media.

Without causing any bias by telling you my side of things, I would like to get any information possible from ATS members. This could be from either personal experience (as I know there are many Texans here) or from a cited source. I would just like to find out the real reason for the blackout and why the lies or misinformation. I still don't know if we are in any danger. Thank you in advance for helping me with this.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Cameo,
Well as you said you are the one who has first hand knolege, but hear is what I hear as it was unfolding;
I hear all of this on the TV News, mostly Fox. They reported that aprox 1,000,000 people in 7 counties were with out power, they then incresed it to 8 counties. After several hours they said the cause was a certen power plant, as I recall some where in the Conroe area. There was evenchely a store on the Houstoh Chronical site that said about 70,000 with out power. But the next morning the TV news was saying 100,000 were with out power. The Rep from the power company evenchely said that 16 transmishen lines went down, which as a result of that, there was a transformer fire at there generation plant. The combonition of the two or something there of caused them not to be able to import power from another plant. They said the cause was high winds.
As I am sure you know there were isolated but strong storms in the area that day. I do not know how correct all this info is. I tried to post it hear as I head about it on the news.
And like you said, the story seemed to change an awfull lot, and from what I saw, no one ever really showed what happened.
For what ever it is worth, thats about what I got.

new topics

top topics

join