It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Glitchy and Garbage Games Ever!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Post the glitchiest, most errorfull, and just pure crap games ever in this thread for PC and consoles. Be sure to indicate why or what makes them so bad.

To me the glitchiest game ever for me is Terminator 3: War of the Machines.
Lag was terrible, many online problems, AI was retarded, collisions were aweful. Graphics and box design were very good however. This game got terrible reviews.

The most crap game ever is to me - The first Sims, boring...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
AHHHHH!!!!!!! HERE'S MINE:

"Joint Operations Typhoon Rising"

and it's expansion pack

"Joint Operations Escalation"

GLITCHY PEICES OF JUNK!!!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

MAN!!! Game's awesome, BUT THE GLITCHES, LAG, AND ERRORS R SOOOO GAY!!!!

I've watched blood come off guys, maybe, 3-4 times by Snipers, Gunners, or AK47s, and they end up killing me or another guy on my team.

I've even seen guys get hit by 2 Cannon Shells and M4 headshots, AND WON'T GO DOWN!!!!!

Either Mods, OR GLITCHES!!!!!

"Run on 56k as smooth as silk"

:shk:

Sure Nova, that's "true".

This thing has made me hit my table and moniter because how glitchy it is.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Pools of Radiance 2, hands down.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
How about Superman for the N64?!

Looked like it was pieced together by a two year old with so many screw ups in the graphic department - Glitches galore...You could get stuck in rooms or walk through walls into a virtual nowhere...Controls were so horrible you'd think they accidentally assigned the moves to the wrong button....And they probably did...

This game was a fine example of the exact opposite of a stupendously magnificent, stunning and jaw-dropping success....

Even R Kelly would admit that he doesn't believe he can fly......

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Oh I remember a few years ago my friend rented Superman 64, man did it suck. It's a discrace to mankind that that game actually hit the shelves.

:shk:

I bought Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, the game is awsome, but it's pretty much online only. But there is a problem, NO DEDICATED SERVERS. Just ppl with 56ks hosting when they feel like it. I bought the game for $59.99 cnd and in a few months it's $9.99.

Ouch.

[edit on 6/15/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yeah I bought Terminator 3. I never bothered playing it online due to lack of servers. Anyhow the game was ok, but the levels were too small. Other than than online difficulties and small levels I only found two problems, sniper rifles couldn't hit moving targets and the AI just made you think WTF are you doing?

Ok next, believe it or not I'm going to say Halo for the PC does deserve mention for one thing. Players could take so much damage it wasn't even funny. I unloaded full assualt rifle magizines into a guy's head and he wouldn't go down. I swear the only effective weapons were sniper rifles, rocket launchers and vehicles. Other that unrealistic damage it had virtually no other problems.

Oh and finally I say the Battlefield 2 demo. And it's for one reason, the program will not even start. And I'm not the only one having this problem.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78

Ok next, believe it or not I'm going to say Halo for the PC does deserve mention for one thing. Players could take so much damage it wasn't even funny. I unloaded full assualt rifle magizines into a guy's head and he wouldn't go down. I swear the only effective weapons were sniper rifles, rocket launchers and vehicles. Other that unrealistic damage it had virtually no other problems.

Your right about that because everyone has a trainer on that game when online. I have that game and online gets me so nervous because ppl cheat so much. Single player is still pretty good.

Now, Halo 2, that sword glitch annoys that crap out of me. I join up and all I see are a bunch of guys flying about. I hate when ppl say that "It's a cool glitch" NO IT'S NOT, it's not suppose to be there! It's the result of poor quality. That game has glitches galore on single player to the point of discrace. They changed stuff from Halo 1 that they shouldn't have. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," was not an understood phrase during the making of Halo 2.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Master of Orion 3.

The first one was excellent, for its time. The second one absolutely owned. The third one was total crap. It was like babysitting virtual aliens. Nearly every decision you could make made absolutely no difference. Most changes you made to a planet would reset to defaults a few turns later. The interface absolutely sucked. ANd it had bugs everywhere, the worst of which was the 'missing colony ship'. I would spend buttloads of resources on a colony ship, only to have it vanish once created. Even if it was created, and I told it to colonize a planet, often it would just 'disappear' after being given orders.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
dragon ball gt: final bout I made the mistake of thinking it was a good cause a freind of mine said it was. boy was she wrong this game has horrid graphics,horrid controls, lets just say the only good thing about it was the anime opening everyelse about it was crap. this game makes superman 64 seem like a top notch game

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Most Glitchy games hmm lets see, GTA3 and GTA:VC allthough they were not crap games by any means just annoying at times, KOTOR 2 was very very glichy and buggy with fairly bad level design only the story saved that game, as for horrible games? Well I don't play bad games I play good games it just so happens that some of those good games were really buggy.

Oh wait never mind the most glitchy and crap game I ever played was SOE's Star Wars Galaxies
I wasted 250 bucks on that games(yes I played it for more then a year with the promise that it would get better...it didn't it got worse :bnghd: )

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
who can forget the horrors of wing commander academy and the belated daikatana. they were garbage!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Braveheart.

As it's one of my favorite movies I had high expectations. But the battlefield mode was unplayable(You'd think It'd be easier to get two armies to fight each other, but not when you can't find the other army on the map). And the strategy mode was bad dos game type strategy.

On top of that, It took two computer rebuilds before I could even get it to run.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Most Glitchy games hmm lets see, GTA3 and GTA:VC allthough they were not crap games by any means just annoying at times.

Are you talking about the console or PC for GTA3 and GTA:VC? Computer ones had all the bugs worked out for Vice City, the computer one was great. There might have been one Ive missed. The console one for VC was annoying. I couldn't stand the camera and controls.

I absolutly could not stand, Metroid for NES. That game irritated me so badly, the SNES was was pretty good however. The game sucked compared to Contra and even Mario.

[edit on 6/24/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Computer ones had all the bugs worked out for Vice City, the computer one was great.

I'm talking about computer and I'm very picky, I'm playing it again as I've just beat GTASA and the most annoying bugs I've found are the fade in/out bug which tends to make cars(and even terrain) in the distance and close up appear as if they are flying and obstacles that screw up your car are not always visable.

GTA3 Had the same problems as VC but more pronouced, San Adreas is what VC should have been considering how much time they took to finish that game and they are all on the same engine...

[edit on 24-6-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Showdown Legends of Wrestling for the Xbox You would be in a match and it would freeze or you couldnt attack each other LOL. It was a cool game until the glitches kicked in...........

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Any NHL** game by EA! An honourable mention goes to Battlefield 2 which doesnt even get to the loading screen before it crashes.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, I played it once on Gamecube and it froze three times in 30 minutes. Total garbage and a waste of 30 dollars.

And this is weird, but Zelda: Ocarina of Time (most notably version 1.0) for the N64 was freakishly buggy, but 95% of those bugs stemmed from a couple of glitches (Swordless Link, Carpenter's Tent). They were all fun glitches, though. I never encountered these bugs until I learned about them on the internet, but still...it makes you wonder if they tested it.

P.S. The 1st Sims was kind of boring after a while, but the sequel rocks. They put a LOT more stuff into the original, and are focusing less on expansions in #2. I mean, almost everything from the Sims 1 expansions is there, except vacations and pets. Not to mention the fact that you can go through generations and stuff now...

[edit on 7/5/05 by ShreddedIce]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's a Tie:

Descent to Undermountain (Interplay, 1997)

Ultima 9 (Origin/EA, 1999)

I remember the message board for Descent to Undermountain after the game came out. I went by the name DOSgod (Me being a longtime DOS fanboy) and saw firsthand how bad a board could get when the game it was based around turned out to be utter garbage. Get this: The game was shipped WITHOUT SOUND BLASTER SUPPORT. I kid you not...it supported every soundcard in existence...except Soundblaster brand cards...which 99% of the world had at the time (And it's still considered standard, unless you have a Turtle Beach). Not only that, but enemies "Floated" in mid air after they died, you took falling damage whenever leaving a ladder, if you had 9 of an item and another was on the ground you'd get stuck when walking over it...ect ect ect. Three patches and the game never worked right. Surprisingly, THAT group went on to become Black Isle and was responsible for Planescape and Fallout 2.

As for Ultima 9...that was pretty bad too. I was once stalked by someone on their boards who liked the game and was so mad that I didn't that he wanted me to post my paycheck so he could see if I had a job and actually "made money". God, I'll never forget that. Guy cyber-stalked me for a few months. Anyway, that game was abysmal. Crashed every 3 minutes and hardware that could run it wasn't out until a year after its release. Combat was even lamer and more "plain" then Morrowind, and the engine was coded to only fully support 3DFX graphics cards...in late 1999... a year AFTER the Nvidia TNTs came out. Lame.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Any NHL** game by EA! An honourable mention goes to Battlefield 2 which doesnt even get to the loading screen before it crashes.

Amen, I have to buy a new video card if I want to play Battlefield 2.:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I just installed Battlefield 2 on an athlon 1.8 computer with a 128 meg Nvidea vid card. It took me 1 hour to install and with the glitches and loading and freezing I am sick of it, but I love the game so much I could never get rid of it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join