It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If "they" can time travel there will never be good evidence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If "they" can time travel there will never be good evidence.

I'm trying to find evidence to support this theory but well it's hard.

Let's look at Roswell. Lets say a ship crashed and alot of people saw it. What if they came back and cleaned it up and left a weather balloon in its place. I asked myself why not just prevent the crash to begin with? Then I realized maybe they can't alter their own past. Meaning they can't stop someone from dying in their timeline without seriously messing things up.

It's possible there are laws that govern this. Whether they are physical or just social I cannot say.

Think about it. If we as a society could time travel would we not have to pass laws saying we must let the dead stay dead? We could not endless alter the future to keep every crash or death from happening.

I am a strong beliver that the UFO's we see are "us" from the future.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
whats the difference ,if you cannot change one aspect of history you cant change another .The crash cannot be changed ,nor can the wreckage be altered .The only thing a time traveler can do is view the occurence.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I know, what if you are actually female frog from New Zealand?

But Giant Onions went into the future, and then the past and then back into the future, then back to when you were born as a frog and used mind rays to confuse the frog into thinking your actually a human guy.

That theory I just said is just as plausible as what your saying.

You see regardless of anything, your still a human guy.. even if your right it won't change anything now, and it's impossible to prove your right either, your logic explains my onion theory just as well.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Ksnazdnzon]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
only on tuesdays eating a pizza with peanutbutter

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Near the end of World War 2, right after atomic bombs were dropped on Japan, there was a large UFO flap over US military installations. This indicated that the Zetan-aliens were very concerned over our nuclear weapons program.

Some abductees have testified that the Zetans (typically the Greys) that kidnapped them have expressed concern over this world's development of atomic weapons.

If the Zetan-aliens were so concerned about our nuclear capability and they had time travel capability, then why didn't they warp back to the Manhattan Project and stop the first A-bomb from being developed in the first place?

The logical conclusion is that the Zetan-aliens do not have time travel capability

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Near the end of World War 2, right after atomic bombs were dropped on Japan, there was a large UFO flap over US military installations. This indicated that the Zetan-aliens were very concerned over our nuclear weapons program.

Some abductees have testified that the Zetans (typically the Greys) that kidnapped them have expressed concern over this world's development of atomic weapons.

If the Zetan-aliens were so concerned about our nuclear capability and they had time travel capability, then why didn't they warp back to the Manhattan Project and stop the first A-bomb from being developed in the first place?

The logical conclusion is that the Zetan-aliens do not have time travel capability

I also feel it is possible that the devolpement of the atomic device is and was just a ntchural part of the devolpement of a society at that time. They might have been able to stop it at that point in time, but would just have been temporary.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
whats the difference ,if you cannot change one aspect of history you cant change another .The crash cannot be changed ,nor can the wreckage be altered .The only thing a time traveler can do is view the occurence.

Yes but they crashed while observing forcing them to alter the timeline. They repaired it buy removing the evidence and cleaning up as best as possible.

Cause and effect.

The guy with the onion post I have chosen to ignore you from now own.I will no longer be able to see your posts.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I also feel it is possible that the devolpement of the atomic device is and was just a ntchural part of the devolpement of a society at that time. They might have been able to stop it at that point in time, but would just have been temporary.

Exactly.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321

Yes but they crashed while observing forcing them to alter the timeline. They repaired it buy removing the evidence and cleaning up as best as possible.

Cause and effect.

For the reason stated, I really don't think they've even managed to break the time barrier. So "cleaning up" a mucked timeline is not yet a consideration.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
For the reason stated, I really don't think they've even managed to break the time barrier. So "cleaning up" a mucked timeline is not yet a consideration.

Actually your conclusion is illogical if you consider that it's possibble that they were time traveling the whole time and possibly did alter things.

How would YOU know if something was altered?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
My thoughts on the general idea of Time Travel have expanded a bit of late as I group in certain variations. For example I am quite certain that seeing into the past is possible. All sorts of ways it might be done, and even technology will eventually contribute. Side-stepping time, moving a vast distance in almost zero time, I can see that.

Backwards though, nope I cannot see that at all. And I realize that perhaps it is simply because I am human but it does not just say paradox, it says impossible. Alter an event in the past and an infinity of things in the timeline will be altered, take a breath in the wrong place.

Let's look at Roswell. Lets say a ship crashed and alot of people saw it. What if they came back and cleaned it up and left a weather balloon in its place. I asked myself why not just prevent the crash to begin with? Then I realized maybe they can't alter their own past. Meaning they can't stop someone from dying in their timeline without seriously messing things up.

Consider this, the impact of that event on us. From the moment the military got a look at what was on that ranch, to right this very second.

If someone from the past erased that event, think of the impossible to comprehend number of actions, events, thoughts, books, lectures, discussions, that would vanish. We would not, any of us, be the people we are now. Some of us would not even exist, others would be here in our places.

So if you are standing in the future looking back, how can you alter anything? I am really hopeful that someone will find a simple way in the next 50 years or so that will allow us to watch history but that is all we can ever do.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A.T. ,

I agree with you ! More now than I previously did.

I don't think that we can go backwards in time .

I think you can slow down time. Move almost instantly across vast distances ect.

I don't see a way to reverse time however.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
At the moment I feel the same way. I can't see how it would be possible. However I also understand that if time is moving forward infinitely I can't possibly rule out the idea that if we have infinite time to try and do something then eventually we will.

Who is to say that this is not just an elaborate computer program all running on some aliens hardrive? We are all made of atoms. Perhaps an atom as we see it is nothing more than a 3 dimensional reference point created the same way we would create a computer program. It is also possible that time is something that only we perceive. The makers of the program could be able to rewind, pause or play as they see fit. How would we ever know? Maybe one day we will understand the program and be able to hit rewind.

The fact is we don't know. We can't assume anything is impossible.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The fact is we don't know. We can't assume anything is impossible.

Exactly. We don't know anything about the world, life or universe when it comes down to it.. we simply use rules and restrictions in order to create a concept called logic of which is our own creation. This logic is what helps us predict things and events, and keeps our brains all on the same level of reality.

The problem is, anything is possible but we can't belive in anything as it would make us go insane, we'd lose our grasp apon reality in life. We start to create theories based on the fact there is no evidence because it was simply taken by a force unknown.. I can use that concept to explain ANYTHING. We have to understand everything is possible but we can't truley BELIVE it is untill we prove it is.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Infinity.

I can't comprehend infinity. I have tried. I can't comprehend an infinite Universe.
I can't comprehend with my barely evolved brain a straight line extending forever. I can't comprehend time moving forward forever. I can't.

I can comprehend a circle. All things in nature and in the Unverse seem to follow some type of circular motion. Atoms with their orbiting protons and electrons. The sun with its planets.

We know that 2 objects can't occupy the same space. But they can occupy the same space at different times. They can also occupy the same time in a different space. Well what if we put 2 objects in the same place at the same tiem??Perhaps the offending atom would be displaced to another time? When we split an atom tremendous energy was released. Where did it come from? Why did an explosion occur? By all reason it should have just seperated into its basic parts and that was it.We broke the circle. All computer programs are made to loop. The loop is infinite. We took that Atom out of the loop.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Infinity.

I can't comprehend infinity. I have tried. I can't comprehend an infinite Universe.
I can't comprehend with my barely evolved brain a straight line extending forever. I can't comprehend time moving forward forever. I can't.
I can comprehend a circle. All things in nature and in the Unverse seem to follow some type of circular motion. Atoms with their orbiting protons and electrons. The sun with its planets.
We know that 2 objects can't occupy the same space. But they can occupy the same space at different times. They can also occupy the same time in a different space. Well what if we put 2 objects in the same place?Perhaps the offending atom would be displaced to another time. When we split an atom tremendous energy was released. Where did it come from? Why did an explosion occur? We broke the circle.

Huh?

What are you trying to say?

Did you read my post?

Really what the hell was that?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is a little off topic ... I have an idea that if time travel is possible ... and if you can fit it into a car... this plan will dupicate the number of time travel machines you have without having to build any more!

TimeMachine 1 sits 4 people and goes into the future the first day its built...it goes forward 1 day! then once arriving it goes back 1 day... and poof ... now there are 2 time machines.

Can I have one?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

Actually your conclusion is illogical if you consider that it's possibble that they were time traveling the whole time and possibly did alter things.

How would YOU know if something was altered?

As is evidenced by the many abductions for various purposes: when they want something, they often just take it without asking our permission!

In light of that, if they are so concerned about our nuclear weapon programs and they could do something about it in a time travel capacity, it is quite logical to assume that they haven't done so, not because they don't wish it, but because they cannot do it.

Minor alterations notwithstanding and probably not happening, we still in fact have nuclear weapons despite their objections to them through abductees and their UFO flaps around military installations.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Golem

That's a good point.

new topics

top topics

join