It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mugabe urges critics to 'repent'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe has demanded that his political opponents repent before they can expect to hold talks with the government on tackling the country's crisis.
"Those who would go together with our enemies abroad cannot at the same time want to march alongside us as our partners," Mr Mugabe said on Monday.

"No, we say no to them, they must first repent," he told a Heroes Day rally in Harare, called to honour those who fought and died in the struggle for independence.

Mr Mugabe's defiant tone is a setback for efforts to re-start negotiations between the Zimbabwean Government and the main opposition party, the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC), according to the BBC's Ishbel Matheson in South Africa.

Talks between President Mugabe's ruling ZANU-PF party and the MDC, headed by Morgan Tsvangirai, were reported to have taken place but ended in deadlock last year.

The MDC dismissed as irrelevant President Mugabe's call. MDC Secretary-General Welshman Ncube said Mr Mugabe was the one who should seek forgiveness for the deaths of 3,000 opposition supporters.

Crisis

Zimbabwe is currently in the grip of an economic and political crisis, and correspondents say many Zimbabweans have little to celebrate as they...

Rest of Article at BBC

-Ike

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
very interesting, hopefully the problem in Zimbabwe gets sorted out soon. Someone needs to think of the people who are being beaten for no reason.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
And to think, Mr Mugabe was once considered for the Nobel Peace Prize.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   

yeah i know, the UN should do something about it. Thats what they are there for.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Some of the more liberal members of the New York City council continue to treat Mr. Mugabe as a Nobel peace prize contender. Interesting huh?

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
All hail Africa's next Charles Taylor!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Some of the more liberal members of the New York City council continue to treat Mr. Mugabe as a Nobel peace prize contender. Interesting huh?

what has he done to be a contender???

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by infinite]

zed

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Djarums

what has he done to be a contender???

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by infinite]
I'm sure he has made some kind of generous donation.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I think it was along the lines of bringing peace to the country in the late '80s' but I'd have to look it up.

-Ike

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Given that most Zimbaweans are Christians, and given the general fate of those who criticise the ghastly Ee-Bah-Gum, "repent" might well be timely advice.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Actually, I think his intellect is shown by his decision to kill the only people in his country who know how to grow food. Brilliant..just brilliant.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
good point Astro - this, on top of rejecting US food aid

(but hey, at least his family and cronies have some really nice farms!)

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Oh believe me I don't consider him to be a good guy. For some reason some members of the city council of new york (the most worthless waste of money and votes on the planet) discuss this man as though he is some sort of hero. Most notably Charles Barron who believes that all white people are spawned from the devil anyways... Imagine, people vote for that

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Dont underestimate Dr. Mugabes intelligence. His tactics are Hitlerian, but he lacks the resources to carry out his plan of a great African nation.

Shame, but now the country is too poor to print money, so they are issuing travellers cheques...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower

I think bush and blair got one too

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
And Arafat for that matter

Jo

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
MUGABE IS A WANKER!!!!

Need I say more?

top topics

join