It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Released Guantanamo Bay prisoners fighting in Iraq says US Attorney general

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I can't say one way or another if they are fighting or not, and neither can you. I just felt that the numbers given needed a little perspective.

They say there are around 500 prisoners in Gitmo. Over 230 have been released. So I work it out to be 1/3 of the prisoners released and only 5% of them have been recaptured or killed. The odds just don't seem overwhelming to me.

But that's just me. War sucks, and there are no good answers for most of these questions we talk about here. We'll never all agree on the same thing at the same time, and we probably won't ever have conclusive proof one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
WTF! That's not a lot to you? The point is that none of these scumbags deserves the chance to be free again let alone go out there and try to kill our soldiers again.
Even if one released prisoner went back to Afghanistan or Iraq that is unacceptable, we should keep them locked up and not give them the chance to kill anymore of our soldiers. Too bad the terrorist sympathies(ACLU, Amnesty International, and the International Red Cross) have their heads so far up our A Hole that they are allowing the terrorist to kill aging.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by Kriz_4
After being locked up in that place falsely, I am in no way surprised they want some payback.

Did anyone expect anything else?

well pointed out

after being locked because they were in the wronge place at the wronge time and kept away from civilisation for a long time anyone would want pay back.

Kinda like the IRA members that have been imprisoned by the british.

FOR close on a century it has been illegal to be in the IRA. It has been a prison sentence or a death sentence to be in the IRA. Prisoners have faced firing squads or been hanged for being in the IRA. Republicans have died long and agonising deaths on hunger strike upholding their political status, refusing to bow to Britain’s harsh prison regimes.
Article

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

why do you and others run with the abuse line?

If you dont think people are abused there then theres nothing I can say to you to convince you because your head is firmly buried in the sand.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is hillarious. It just goes to show you that for some, it doesn't matter what the US does--it's going to be wrong. The US could spend half the annual budget building houses in a third world country and you would claim it was for oil. If you really feel that these people in custody deserve our sympathy, that's fine. You have a right to speak your mind and make your own decisions (unlike people in terrorist controlled regions, I might add).

But let's be honest. If you dislike the US, then state your opinion. Don't masquerade as a supporter of the US or war on terrorists by dropping lines like, "These guys are bad, but...", "Maybe some of them are wrong, but...", etc, etc, etc. If you are against the US, then grow a pair and be honest before you start criticizing. Trying to be pro-US, but against the topic of the day may seem to gain you more credibility, but in actuality eveyone sees through your disguise.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
We all forget that the VAST majority of people that went to Gitmo were picked up either directly shooting at Americans, or in the company of people shooting at Americans. 100% of these criminals are guilty as far as I am concerned.

Here is an analogy:

If you are riding in a car with a few buddies. Your buddies are all shooting guns out the windows of the car and throwing explosives at people. But you are just sitting there un-armed enjoying the ride. Are you guilty of anything? Little bit huh?

Next.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality
But let's be honest. If you dislike the US, then state your opinion. Don't masquerade as a supporter of the US or war on terrorists by dropping lines like, "These guys are bad, but...", "Maybe some of them are wrong, but...", etc, etc, etc. If you are against the US, then grow a pair and be honest before you start criticizing. Trying to be pro-US, but against the topic of the day may seem to gain you more credibility, but in actuality eveyone sees through your disguise.

Very well put. I could almost respect a person that hates the US if they had the cojones to come out and say it instead of talking out of both sides of their mouths.

You get one of my votes for the month of June.

You have voted backtoreality for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join