It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Role Reversal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
A popular theory among ET'ologist (is that a word?) is that life on earth was seeded by another race of alien life already in existence (we won't get into where their life originated from...that's a whole other topic). We are getting closer and closer to a manned mission to mars (and from there, the obvious steps will be take toward colonizing Mars). And we are learning more and more about the history of Mars and the possibilities that life once existed there. Is it possible that we humans will attempt to re-seed Mars? To bring life back to Mars? Could we be to Mars, what many believe the aliens are to us? Could we turn mars into a "science experiment" to view and study for the next millions years?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Mars? I don't think so. By the time we reach the technological level to really "play God" and we've reached the life span where millions of years for an experiment are something we could imagine, we'll most likely be physically exploring other star systems, maybe even other galaxies. Most likely we'll end up colonizing Mars at some point in the relatively near future, but any experiments of that nature are most likely going to be left to another planet. I could be wrong though; this is just an slightly educated opinion.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don't think we'll bother with Mars, well, maybe colonize it, maybe seed it but to experiment and to see how life grows we need not go to another planet, it could be done on earth, to a certain extent anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

ET'ologist

Xenobiologist, I believe is a possible term...or of course UFOlogist...but focusing on the "life" aspect...

I think we could possibly see the beginning steps of terraforming Mars in our lifetime, or at least building shielded communities in ravines, etc. The big trick as I understand it is Mars' weak magnetic field, allowing any created atmosphere to "bleed" off into space....

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Because Mars' atmosphere is too thin to reduce solar radiation and too cold, no terrestrial life would grow above ground. At one time, millions of years ago, there could have been life, when it was geologically active. It was much warmer, and probably had flowing water. Like Gazrok said, scientists theorize that when the geology activity decreased, the magnetic field collapsed and much of the atmosphere dissipated into space and the planet became what we see today.

So I don't think we would try to seed the planet, because it would just die off again. Terraforming probably wouldn't work either unless you can fire up the internal furnace.

[edit on 6/15/2005 by Hal9000]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Terraforming probably wouldn't work either unless you can fire up the internal furnace.

The movie "The Core" is somehow coming to mind (as ridiculous as it was)...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
mpeake

Don't take my word for it, but Mars is already inhabited and not ours to colonize. The people live inside of Mars in large carved-out cities with roadways and skyways. Water flows inward from its icecaps. The people control the atmosphere inside and grow all their food inside. Isn't that incredible?

We did come from another race of humans with the exact same DNA we have. But our biology is so different that we can't live in each other's atmosphere any better than any other race's.

Even if we had to leave Earth because we destroyed it, we could not just go colonizing another world. To move, we would have to change the entire circumstances of another world first from what they are, and then into what we needed them to be to support our biological structure in every way. Making any atmospheric change there would destroy all present life and disrupt the entire balance of the world, changing it toward something else unknown to us.

Once we landed there, it would no longer be the world we chose it for, and WE would begin a change into something else unknown that we could not survive. One germ or particle of pollen could wipe us out immediately. Even if we lived completely contained in bubbles there, we would not know the affects on our bodies until it was too late.

Taking another world to a point of sustaining our race would take millions of years worth of knowledge and technology, plus millions of years more worth of process. This does not even include the time and technology to go find a suitable world within our reach that could have any hope of being changed at all. If we were about to lose our world, it would be easier for us to build an artificial structure to live upon floating in space than to find and change another. Or how about if we just take care of the one we have that is just perfect for us already.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
mpeake

Don't take my word for it, but Mars is already inhabited and not ours to colonize. The people live inside of Mars in large carved-out cities with roadways and skyways. Water flows inward from its icecaps. The people control the atmosphere inside and grow all their food inside. Isn't that incredible?

We did come from another race of humans with the exact same DNA we have. But our biology is so different that we can't live in each other's atmosphere any better than any other race's.

Even if we had to leave Earth because we destroyed it, we could not just go colonizing another world. To move, we would have to change the entire circumstances of another world first from what they are, and then into what we needed them to be to support our biological structure in every way. Making any atmospheric change there would destroy all present life and disrupt the entire balance of the world, changing it toward something else unknown to us.

Once we landed there, it would no longer be the world we chose it for, and WE would begin a change into something else unknown that we could not survive. One germ or particle of pollen could wipe us out immediately. Even if we lived completely contained in bubbles there, we would not know the affects on our bodies until it was too late.

Taking another world to a point of sustaining our race would take millions of years worth of knowledge and technology, plus millions of years more worth of process. This does not even include the time and technology to go find a suitable world within our reach that could have any hope of being changed at all. If we were about to lose our world, it would be easier for us to build an artificial structure to live upon floating in space than to find and change another. Or how about if we just take care of the one we have that is just perfect for us already.

Whoa whoa.. about the people inside mars thing. I know you got this from your spiritual commincation powers, but uh..could you give me infomation on them? Like, WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ksnazdnzon

Whoa whoa.. about the people inside mars thing. I know you got this from your spiritual commincation powers, but uh..could you give me infomation on them? Like, WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?

They came from Mars- their original planet. They used to live on the surface but they had to move inside just as Mars lost its atmosphere.

This race is the second one my husband and I were introduced to, which was in 1990. They are among the most advanced races that visit Earth.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Terraforming!!! I love this stuff!

Is it right ? Is it wrong? I'm not sure , but it seems to be moving forward!

Designer Plants On Mars!

www.sciencedaily.com...

Like customizing a car, NASA-funded scientists are designing plants that can survive the harsh conditions on Mars. These plants could provide oxygen, fresh food, and even medicine to astronauts while living off their waste. They would also improve morale as a lush, green connection to Earth in a barren and alien world.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

They came from Mars- their original planet. They used to live on the surface but they had to move inside just as Mars lost its atmosphere.

This race is the second one my husband and I were introduced to, which was in 1990. They are among the most advanced races that visit Earth.

Okay, What do they look like though?

What did they evolve from, did Mars originally have animals running about?

Uh.. Is it possible they could be found?

I'm not beliving what your saying, I'm just interested in your input. I mean your doing commincating with or do something at least.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
EarthSister, love you really, but your view on our inability to colonize other Planets is most distressing.

The idea that we are that unique to this Planet, and cannot easily live elsewhere causes an immediate wave of reactions in the negative. Some are emotional, we can skip those. But some are not, life adapts, and the Universe is vast.

I love this old Planet too, but we have to leave it for the survival of our species eventually. Containment on this single world is the friction that is at the root of much of our problems, if we pull that cork we can evolve.

Well I will certainly remember about Mars. If we find people there someday I will remember you.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

My drawing could be more accurate, but they look like this: www.TheProjectAtEarth.com...

I don't recall right now what they told me about having animals, if anything, but I don't think they do. They may have before they had to move underground. Many races share their worlds with animals, wild and domestic, but not all. I will try to find out and let you know.

The people evolved there, and still are evolving, the same way we are here, but I don't know how they got started. They are not like us or related to us.

It's more than possible they could be found, but only if and when they want to be found. It could have happened already and I strongly suspect it has- our govts would never tell us that, and my contacts did not tell me that either. Humans are going to find out all about them from the alien races.

I didn't mean to hijack mpeake's thread. Let's stay on topic here and I will answer any questions I can for you by U2U.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Don´t give me that! I'm really tired of those wonderings. I mean, I came here hoping to find some credible piece of information, but in the end I just got histories!
Give me a photograph, tell them to come over my house and have a couple of tea or some beers, or even to give me their most recent playstation!!

Give something like that and I'll give you all of my trust, because respect you always had, remember that.

That blue guy travels how? And if by spaceship where are they?There must be some kink of docking bays on the surface of MArs, I dunno.
But why a drawing and not a picture??

[edit on 15-6-2005 by InfoIsPower]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
EarthSister, love you really, but your view on our inability to colonize other Planets is most distressing.

The idea that we are that unique to this Planet, and cannot easily live elsewhere causes an immediate wave of reactions in the negative. Some are emotional, we can skip those. But some are not, life adapts, and the Universe is vast.

I love this old Planet too, but we have to leave it for the survival of our species eventually. Containment on this single world is the friction that is at the root of much of our problems, if we pull that cork we can evolve.

Well I will certainly remember about Mars. If we find people there someday I will remember you.

Alexander Tau

You are so good and kind that you make me get tears in my eyes

Our bodies literally grow "right out of" this Earth. We are exactly matched to it uniquely. We are made out of it and have naturally evolved and developed to sustain with its temperature, pressure, gravity, minerals, germs, food, light, water, seasons, etc.

True, life adapts. But planet to planet, that takes impossible evolutional time, intelligent ingenuity and continuous good luck. If we started all over again as raw DNA on another world, we would reach the status of "advanced" faster than if we moved there as we are now and kept on going. But then we would not be like we are now, we would be exactly like our new world.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ok, I do agree that we are very much of this Planet as we are now. I more than most people realize all the different subtle, and some not so subtle ties we have. I note the changes in humanity when something new replaces an old influence for example.

But what you are really saying is that places where we could live would be very hard to find. Saying it is impossible would imply infinite knowledge but I can see it being very hard.

But I think humans are capable of vast adaptations, especially over generations. Just leaving this Planet will change us rather radically, but for the good I think. People that leave to live on another Planet will change even more, I can accept that.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

My drawing could be more accurate, but they look like this: www.TheProjectAtEarth.com...

I don't recall right now what they told me about having animals, if anything, but I don't think they do. They may have before they had to move underground. Many races share their worlds with animals, wild and domestic, but not all. I will try to find out and let you know.

The people evolved there, and still are evolving, the same way we are here, but I don't know how they got started. They are not like us or related to us.

It's more than possible they could be found, but only if and when they want to be found. It could have happened already and I strongly suspect it has- our govts would never tell us that, and my contacts did not tell me that either. Humans are going to find out all about them from the alien races.

I didn't mean to hijack mpeake's thread. Let's stay on topic here and I will answer any questions I can for you by U2U.

That drawing entails they evolved much the same way as humans, and are very closley related to us. It's pretty obvious their existance is imagined by a human mind, as they look like an old man with red skin. It's impossible for us to actually conceive what they look like. The picture displays blatant and obvious anthropocentrism.. but.. you know what.. I still enjoy your input, and wonder how they did indeed contact you, if it was in a way not possible for you to imagine it I'm interested who would have.. or who knows?

U2U a reply on this if ya like. Your probally annoyed by me now though.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
www.redcolony.com...

Partial terraformation is the name given to the first stages of terraforming that raise the temperature of Mars so that carbon dioxide and water are released from the ice caps and regolith. Only a small man-made rise in temperature is needed, because of a phenomenon called positive-feedback greenhousing. Once the average temperature of Mars is raised by just 4 K, the carbon dioxide contained in the southern ice cap will sublime. Since carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas, the extra carbon dioxide will raise the temperature further, releasing even more carbon dioxide from the regolith, which raises the temperature even further.

It may not be very long before we are doing what I believe Aliens are doing here!

Maybe not the exact same thing, but Earths atmosphere has been changed by life here in the past.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ksnazdnzon

I am not annoyed at all.

anthropocentrism- I had to look that up. Humans are not the only people. All the other races are people and look like people too. We are the most potentially intelligent species in the Universes. That means that people have physical, spiritual and intellectual qualities over all animals. An intelligent alien animal, no matter how far evolved, even if it can communicate by telepathy, does not develop people capabilities you and I are born with, such as science, technology and space travel.

Somehow all life started from the same place. People are populating the Universe, populating all the Universes. The oldest race in our union area is 16 billion years old. The oldest race visiting Earth is over 6 billion years old. We are based of carbon.

We did not descend from the people of Mars, nor they us. We share some original qualities with them as we do with all other races, but not our DNA. We do share DNA with some other races, though. All races share some DNA with some other races or began of them and then changed. I can't explain this any better than I understand it. To realize the scope of natural similarities and differences of people race to race, it is important to consider the amount of time and change for each race in its own direction over evolution from its own natural beginning of development, AND the vast amount of life there is.

The way I draw makes The Blue look more human than he looks in person, but all the races look like people. My drawings of some of my other alien contacts are on my site also. The one of The Blue is the least accurate of all. We humans have some marked differences from most other races, such as four fingers and a thumb, hair, and white rolling little eyes. I don't know how many or the degree of these differences are due just to evolutional changes or if we will remain with them, but almost all other life is "much" longer evolved and advanced than we are.

The way our alien contacts approached my husband and I was certainly in ways that we never could have imagined it, not even if somebody had tried to explain it to us first. After we recovered from shock, we decided to grab a hold and think straight for ourselves, and to take full advantage of every encounter as another opportunity to learn all we could about the alien races.

I have chapter one of my journals on my site so you can read how this started for us.
www.TheProjectAtEarth.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
InfoIsPower

I understand the frustration but it doesn't matter if you believe me. What really matters is that I don't have that kind of evidence to name me as a traitor, a threat to national security, or peg me as a valuable hostage to use as blackmail leverage against the alien races. Don't worry, the truth is coming out on its own and so are the alien races. The truth is not about ME, but about the level of crime and conspiracy against our visiting races, against public knowledge, and why everything is the way it is for humanity on Earth right now.

I don't have any kind of physical evidence to prove what I know or how I know it. That's the way it has to be for now, because on Earth that kind of thing is too dangerous for somebody who works with alien life to have on their person. It would not prove what you assume anyway. It would only be used to prove what certain diabolically motivated people SAY it proves about the alien races, and about the person who held the evidence. It would interfere with just sharing information publicly, which is absolutely imperative. Evidence is not imperative. It is much easier and safer this way, and more important for people like me to be free to speak and free to offer understanding without any strings or suffering from any threat to shut up or switch sides to help misinform the public.

All the alien races travel and conceal themselves and their crafts by dimensional technologies. I don't know if there are any docks on the surface of Mars, but they fly their crafts right inside anyway. They can't step out onto the surface due to lack of atmosphere.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join