It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nintendo confirms classic games on Rev will be free, instantaneously wins console war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
gamesradar.msn.co.uk...

Nintendo - the once dominating force of videogames - sat quietly in the corner, all alone and looking at its watch every five minutes, while its rivals danced and cheered the night away, full of satisfaction and optimism.

I wasn't gonna go online with the next gen systems but if this is true then I'll go online with the revolution online just to get those classic games.

link should work now sorry

[edit on 6/15/2005 by scorpionxx]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
/remains skeptical

your link doesn't work, and i searched and can't find any similar stories. I see they will be charging.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yeah - I've got problems with the link as well...

If that's the case though - That's great...I was gonna buy it anyways, but that would make my resolve even stronger...

Just out of curiosity, what does the quote have to do with the story? Seeing as how I can't see it...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
False alarm everyone. It looks as if the games will not be free. Most likely you will have to pay to download them, although some may be offered as a bonus when you purchase a new game. It's hype, hype, and more hype, but little truth in this story.

dyferent.blogsome.com...

Classic games are fun. It just so happens that I "know somone" who has a modded XBox that plays Nintendo and SNES roms. Spy vs. Spy is still just as fun as ever.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
first off I'm sorry about ther bad link I've edited my post and fixed it so it should work now. the quote I took was from the article in the link. now the link to the coalition of gamers seems to be for the japanese audience at least thats what I think since it's out of a japanese magazine.

and again I apologize about the broken link I'll try to be more careful about that in the future.

gamesradar.msn.co.uk...

[edit on 6/15/2005 by scorpionxx]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I saw an article over at IGN (I'll find it later) that mentioned that classic games would be free. It sounds as if nearly all of Nintendo's first party games will be for free, which is fine by me since all of Nintendo's best stuff is first party. However it appears other third party games would have the option of charge by the developer or publisher. So in short you'll get to play Super Mario Bros for free but Starcraft 64 might have a fee.

[edit on 6/15/2005 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
False alarm everyone. It looks as if the games will not be free. Most likely you will have to pay to download them, although some may be offered as a bonus when you purchase a new game. It's hype, hype, and more hype, but little truth in this story.

Funny how I mentioned that they will hype their way back into the race, too (many times). I probably will only buy the system to play the classics, those where when Nintendo was in it's prime. Those days are over, but I would consider to buy it for the oldies.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle

Funny how I mentioned that they will hype their way back into the race, too (many times). I probably will only buy the system to play the classics, those where when Nintendo was in it's prime. Those days are over, but I would consider to buy it for the oldies.

Why would you even consider throwing your money away doing such a thing
Just download an Emulator man and get a gamepad for your comp.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Originally posted by GoldEagle

Why would you even consider throwing your money away doing such a thing
Just download an Emulator man and get a gamepad for your comp.

LOL, totally forgot they have those. I guess I won't be buying a Revolution after all.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
if the classic games were free all my mates would of picked up a rev on day 1. i will probably do so anyway

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There is a problem with the thread name: Nintendo confirms classic games on Rev will be free, instantaneously wins console war

I highly doubt that it "instantaneously" won the race. What about the massive new things that are NOT hype and confirmed by Sony and Microsoft for their next generation consoles? Nintendo is hypeing this thing up to stay in the race, so "instantaneously wins console war" is a bit of an understatment.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Strange, I got a "friend" who also has a modded xbox. "He" has the modded games from Nintendo and Sega, I love Sonic and love thee Original Mario. Do do do do, do do do, do do do do do de do do do.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I really wish it wouldn't just be like ... 'Here are the games we think are the greatest. You may have them.' Even though I own them, I'd love to see weird games like B.O.B and Super Putty of SNES playable once again. A lot of those companies are probably gone by now, how could they care?

join