It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What countries have the best militaries?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
chinawhite-
everybody said china steal tech... lol and i am chinese american, born in china too... but don't worry i am not brainwashed lol

Right now, i said at most china will be able to sink one US carrier battle group maybe a second carrier battle group if luckly... or either we have a horrible general in command...

also, F/A-22's (said about 100 of it) is a good enough interceptor to take care all of china's fighters...
and china have a higher spending than 30 billion... and most of china's sub is crap except the 3 kilos that your buy from russia...

i am a australian chinese. i dont think im brainwashed:shk:

taiwan strait.

numbers

america aircraft 210 - 6 destroyers- 6 crusiers.

china 1260 fighters/attackers. - 6-10 destroyers -10 frigates - 20-30 submarines.

situation.

taiwan declare that its going to change the name china on its passport to taiwan. china reacts with the ussal sabre rattling. america sends three us carriers+ support ships. china doesn't want to look weak like the last time warms america to leave. america refuses......the battle begins.

china starts that attack off with a first wave of 9 groups of 30-35 aircraft(from different directions). they launch 3 waves 1 hour between waves. while surface ships and subs are also distracting the american fleet.

the first waves american airplanes expend most of their air to air missiles and have to refuel and rearm.

losses

china- 150 aircraft 4 destroyers and 3 ming class submarines.

america 10 aircraft 1 crusier and 2 destroyers

. the next wave comes in 1 hour and only 50-60 american fighters have refueled (due to their limited space). chinese planes now euipped with 30-40 su-27/su-30 planes make a harder challenge to american aircraft. 2 kilos have managed to hit a american carrier but have not managed to but her out of battle.

losses

china 10 su-27/30 110 normal fighters. 2 kilos and one frigate.

america 20 fighters 1 destroyer and some battle damaged to a american carrier.

the third wave is just a short battle before america decides it helped taiwan enough and leaves.

total losses

china 270 aircraft 4 destoryers 1 frigate 5 submarines

america 30 aircraft 3 destroyers 1 battle damaged carrier and 1 crusier

this is a limited battle because the main chinese force is attacking taiwan

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
it's so close to the chinese borders, they pretty much have a unlimied amount of aircraft, like someone said china is good at defense near their borders. hehehe

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I get the impression that a lot of what has been posted here was learned from video games...

You people are living in a fantasy world.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Once again American intelligence, better equipment, and better trained airforce and navy personell would allow them to win a battle with China close to the shore, but of course not without losses but i doubt it would be as severe as previously stated. Also he forgot to mention the us Subs that would probably be in the area. And if there was a US sub in the area then the US would win the sub war and the aircraft carriers and destroyers could focus on the air and naval battle. Also with the US sub there it would greatly diminish the Chinese forces on the water (like destroyers and aircraft carriers).

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sry this one was sent twice, just read the first one

[edit on 16-6-2005 by horten229v3]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
My best guess would be:

America
Britain
China
Russia

I am no military person but from what I hear those four are probably at least in the top 10. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by horten229v3
Once again American intelligence, better equipment, and better trained airforce and navy personell would allow them to win a battle with China close to the shore, but of course not without losses but i doubt it would be as severe as previously stated. Also he forgot to mention the us Subs that would probably be in the area. And if there was a US sub in the area then the US would win the sub war and the aircraft carriers and destroyers could focus on the air and naval battle. Also with the US sub there it would greatly diminish the Chinese forces on the water (like destroyers and aircraft carriers).

American intelligence.?? aka iraq

china also has satelites that can keep close range on the battle field. american fighters might have better tech/training but close to chinese soil with 35-39 chinese airbases packed with fighters ready to die for there country.

i haven't even counted chinas real streenghts. land-based anti-ship missiles.

last time i checked china has hundreds of patrol boats and other larger vessels.

also chinese land-based sam sites would also be used.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
American intelligence.?? aka iraq

china also has satelites that can keep close range on the battle field. american fighters might have better tech/training but close to chinese soil with 35-39 chinese airbases packed with fighters ready to die for there country.

i haven't even counted chinas real streenghts. land-based anti-ship missiles.

last time i checked china has hundreds of patrol boats and other larger vessels.

also chinese land-based sam sites would also be used.

i am sure if it's a all out war, still no nukes, US will shoot down those satelites.
people should not underestimate china but people should not underestimate USA as well.
The US will win, but the US will take high losts

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well when people think that the CIA sucks at gathering intel, they do, but they dont suck as much as everyone else!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why do USN F/A-18s have to go up? The B-2s with F-117s will carry out bombings on the airfields and make the massive airforce useless. Any Su-27 that take off will be shot down by those silent submarines lurking in the waters. Three Gorges Dam will be destroyed and the water shall flood cities and towns, creating panic among the chinese. Destroying the chinese navy will be a priority to prevent them from landing in Taiwan and threatening the aircraft carriers. The chinese army will then be lining the shorelines anticipating an invasion. But US knows it will a hard and long war if they send ground troops. But if they decide to, and crush most of the chinese with watever they have to use(biological and chemical weapons, hope no nuclear yet), then the chinese will resort to guerrilla warfare and start moving inland. By then the desperate chinese(along with the North Koreans) will have send thousands of ICBMs across the Pacific and towards nearby US bases. The outcome will depends on how effective is US anti-ICBM systems.

...pls dun slam me on this...this is not meant to be serious stuff...

-Notherage the n00b

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join