It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What countries have the best militaries?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
i would say the Uk but after reports of how the current administration has flushed our millitary down the loo i no longer believe that.

would have to agree
the MOD are bunch of tight a$$es cutting anything they think is to expensive

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think the US has around 4000 tanks but I'm not really that sure. Not sure about China's planes.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK_05_XM29
I think the US has around 4000 tanks but I'm not really that sure. Not sure about China's planes.

its more like 8000 tanks, 8000 plus tanks i mean. Abrams tanks as well as some m60a3 tanks in the storage.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Yes but 75 percent of those subs are crap and out of the remaining only about 8 of its subs are capable of competing in blue water. China would not risk half or more of its sub force to just 3 carriers.

Lets say we have about 20 Kilos and 053s, the Kilos operate on silent mode, find the carrier battle groups, and relay their positions to HQ. China will NOT be competing in blue water, China just does not have the force projection capabilites. If war with Taiwan becomes eminent, the whole of Taiwan's shores are within green/brown water capabilites, meaning more than enough short ranged ships/subs/planes would be able to hit Taiwan and its surrounding waters.

As for carriers operating far away from Taiwan, the J-10s,Su-27s/J-11s,Su-30s etc would become quite a threat for the F-18s operating from the carriers, so until the JSFs come, the US will not have air superiority unless US pilot training is ten times better than PLAAF pilot training (It is better, but not that much), so the Flankers will probably still have the advantage.

Btw, China will not risk half of its sub fleet, but neither will the US risk 3 carrier battlegroups just for Taiwan

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Of course America... Wíth the air-force and it's modern tecnics it would surely be in the top 3...
Even though it has 1 million soldiers less than China... The second contru would of course be china... with it's 2 600 000 man army it would be hard to defeat... Besides they are building up their army all the time... Then it would propably be Germany, England and maybe even Russia with their armies...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
In terms of ranking, US would be number one, China after that (number 2), Israel and UK both number 3, France, Germany and Russia all number 5, maybe India and Japan number 8. Thats about it, the rest are just not good enough.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
chinawhite-
everybody said china steal tech... lol and i am chinese american, born in china too... but don't worry i am not brainwashed lol

Right now, i said at most china will be able to sink one US carrier battle group maybe a second carrier battle group if luckly... or either we have a horrible general in command...

also, F/A-22's (said about 100 of it) is a good enough interceptor to take care all of china's fighters...
and china have a higher spending than 30 billion... and most of china's sub is crap except the 3 kilos that your buy from russia...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
053 SSNs are roughly around the same standard as the Kilos. These are going to be induced into the PLAN. F-22s are yet to be introduced to regular service, and it is having problems with its flight software.

[edit on 15/6/05 by W4rl0rD]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Heads-up:

ALL POSTERS READ THIS!

Please could members refrain from starting threads that are based around:

what is your favourite gun

who would win if the ??? and ??? went to war with each other

who has the best army/navy/airforce/secret service........
etc etc ...

This forum is for information about Military weapons technology past, present, and future.

Please could we get back to threads with genuine interest.

ALL POSTERS READ THIS!

Interesting, no, when applied to this topic: What countries have the best militaries?

seekerof

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
thanks alot Seekerof, u just have to join and ruin the party, we were just reaching the climax.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Aww..come on...it was fun... I promise not to flame anyone... pleeeease?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is a very simple question, developing into a fascinating thread.

There are legions of military tacticians whose theories were touted to display their military prowess over the centuries. As is the nature of warfare, precisely half of these gentlemen were incorrect.

Military power is not just the numbers of men, and the armaments they carry, but how, where and when they are utilized.

I will not bore the readers with military quotes, many of which are darkly humorous in retrospect..... but one I'll badly paraphrase goes something like this...

"...once the first shot is fired, all battle plans change.............."

Throughout history, many Goliaths have met their Davids.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
China has a good military only when it is operating close to its borders. We have no power projection capabilities. We have no CBGs, we have no long range bombers and we don't have that many SSNs and our 091 SSN is basically CRAP (093 is yet to be decided, no pics released, PLAN kept the mouth shut and no fan pics taken). If China was in a defensive situation that China definitely wins hands down however if China was to attack say Japan, then crap no, we're not gonna win.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
America would win, no doubt about it. They are superior in almost every sense to all other nations in military might.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by horten229v3
America would win, no doubt about it. They are superior in almost every sense to all other nations in military might.

there is one weakness... we got a stupied leader who has no exprience in the military what so ever in command lol

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
there is one weakness... we got a stupied leader who has no exprience in the military what so ever in command lol

maybe u should take it on the commanders instead of the Bush since he aint the one who is leading the troops. he lets the commanders in the field to do that.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Technology wise? The United States.
Numbers wise? China / PLA
Special Forces? Russia, U.S., Israel, Britain
Air Force? The U.S. has one of the best in the world, hands down. This is how it fights its wars.
Navy? U.S., China, Russia

Will to fight? It depends. At one time, the U.S. had a fiery passion to fight. Now, it seems there are too many anti-war-in-any-situation types in the U.S., which could endanger U.S. involvement in World War 3.

Despite who is the most powerful, the world would end. Nukes would be brought into play.

However, let's have a reality check folks.

As long as China and the United States are trading partners, World War Three will NOT occur. End of story.

-wD

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
US probably has to be the best...

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by ulshadow

maybe u should take it on the commanders instead of the Bush since he aint the one who is leading the troops. he lets the commanders in the field to do that.

lol, it was a joke dude... i know that the generals take care of our army, navy and airforce. the president just sit there and tries to do something lol...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
HAHA? wtf nice joke its a killer- lets see you do something with your pitiful life than rather criticize others who are trying to run a country.

<< 1    3 >>

join